Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything WWE
hckyplayer8
post Jul 9 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(jericko @ Jul 9 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Any excuse to get Christian on one of the majors. But after being passed up in both the draft and the trade, I think he's serving purgatory of sorts if he couldn't make it out to save the Raw main event scene in this last trade.

Vince will never continue to amaze me on how he waste talents on his shows.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Oct 1 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #42

Just had to dig this thread back out after the big news.

Finally the Rock has come back to smack-down!

Thats right you read right. The great one. The peoples champ has done a Promo for this Fridays edition of Smackdown. From my sources it is a classic Rock promo where he hypes the fans and dishes out some beef on other superstars.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Oct 1 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #43

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Oct 1 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Just had to dig this thread back out after the big news.

Finally the Rock has come back to smack-down!

Thats right you read right. The great one. The peoples champ has done a Promo for this Fridays edition of Smackdown. From my sources it is a classic Rock promo where he hypes the fans and dishes out some beef on other superstars.

Hmmm, I thought his wrestling career was done, "Do you smell what the Rock is Cooking" laugh.gif DX is back together on RAW, just need Kane and the Undertaker to team up again.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
jericko
post Oct 1 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 18,044

I think he was trying to distance himself at first so that he'd be taken seriously as an actor, but now that he's settled into the pg family comedies, well...

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Oct 1 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Hmmm, I thought his wrestling career was done, "Do you smell what the Rock is Cooking" laugh.gif DX is back together on RAW, just need Kane and the Undertaker to team up again.

I guess technically it is not a return per-say. It is a pre-recorded promo, similar to the one he did on MNR for the hair vs hair match.But who cares haha. Always love to see the Rock back on WWE TV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_AtownWxWatcher_*
post Oct 2 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #46

Guests

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:06 PM) *
This is made for those WWE nuts out there in the EE world. Yes we know its fake, and no we don't care. So please don't come in and start a war thanks.

What match are you all looking forward to at extreme rules?

I missed the PPV ..Though i do read up about them at GERWECK...Anyways..I use to be a huge WWE fan back in the days until WCW came along with NITRO. Then my allegiance turned. However..before that I use to go to every live show that came to Allentown Pa or when i was vacationing in Wildwood Nj..

I got my first kiss from a WWE Diva (passed away and was not called Diva then) Sherri Martel. I have approximately 200+ signitures thru the years from WWE wrestlers. I have a DR Pepper can that was signed by Cowboy Bob Orton-Randys Father! Nice guy (the father that is)
While wrestling is entertainment and is scripted.. real injuries do happen and there bodies do take quite a beating. Yep punches are pulled etc but certain things are real. The blood is real. Most wrestlers blade themselves..in the past it use to be blood capsules. Steel chair shots are real and if you notice most times they get there hands up to block the main brunt of the blow.
The funniest thing I ever saw with the WWE was back in the days of the Ultimate Warrior. If you remember how big and tall he was...well his wife was only 4'8 and about 95 lbs. He was a towering inferno over her.
I almost got smacked in the face with a towel by Tony Garea. Rick Martels partner. I was following him across the street to the hotel he was staying at in wildwood NJ behind the old convention center. I wanted the towel-well he almost let me have it.
So many great memories from when the WWE was less entertainment. They need to go back to wrestling more instead of entertainment.
I was also at Ag Hall in Allentown when Bret Hart was rushed to the Lehigh Valley Hospital at 17th and chew. Needless to say I left and rushed there too but was not allowed in....
I still watch WWE today... However...not nearly as impressed as i use to be! Now if i was asked which was preferred..I would have to say TNA IMPACT...

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Oct 2 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #47

Matt needs a map, he is out of CW again. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Matt here is CW tongue.gif

This post has been edited by gloryboy1417: Oct 2 2009, 04:33 PM

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
post Oct 5 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #48

Guests

Anyone catch heck in a Cell last night? I heard that Orton took the belt back from John Cena & DX came out on top with Legacy! Not happy about Orton winning the belt but thrilled about DX coming out on top of legacy. They do not come much better then the showstopper and the Cerebal Assassin!

+Quote Post
jericko
post Oct 5 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #49

Kinda surprising that DX vs Legacy got the main event spot, rather than one of the titles. I wish WWE would do more booking like that... specifically promoting a match like that as the main event, while Randy Orton defends against someone who isn't ready for a main event spot. In other words, NOT BOOKING EVERY TITLE MATCH TO BE A MAIN EVENT.

Then we might get to see, say, a solid Orton vs MVP fued on PPV.. which under their current booking because Orton can't defend the title on PPV against anyone who isn't a main-eventer.. But this type of fued, which had the groundwork laid months ago, would get MVP a little closer to the main event, and keep the product far fresher that Orton vs Cena part 37.

+Quote Post
post Oct 5 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #50

Guests

QUOTE(jericko @ Oct 5 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Kinda surprising that DX vs Legacy got the main event spot, rather than one of the titles. I wish WWE would do more booking like that... specifically promoting a match like that as the main event, while Randy Orton defends against someone who isn't ready for a main event spot. In other words, NOT BOOKING EVERY TITLE MATCH TO BE A MAIN EVENT.

Then we might get to see, say, a solid Orton vs MVP fued on PPV.. which under their current booking because Orton can't defend the title on PPV against anyone who isn't a main-eventer.. But this type of fued, which had the groundwork laid months ago, would get MVP a little closer to the main event, and keep the product far fresher that Orton vs Cena part 37.

Ahhh MVP..now there is a talent that I think is being used in the wrong way! I have alot of respect for him. To read about how he overcame heart problems and still performs and wrestles the way he does...maybe this is why hes not a main eventer? IMO though he definitely should be. Just another case of the writers in WWE. If MVP were to go to TNA ..I believe that he would be the equivalent of like AJ Styles...

Story lines are getting old..You can only keep rehashing the same thing for so long before people start to lose interest. They need to use the older talent to promote the young talent...

For example...I have been reading that Bret Hart is in talks with the WWE...For what? Manager or GM ok..but nope...an active (not necessarily weekly) but active wrestler on the roster. His time has come and gone. Lets focus more on the Legacy type talent and if we are going to use the older talent then lets use them to pass on the torch...Much like sting has done with AJ in TNA..

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Oct 5 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #51

Ready for Big Ben and the offensive line from the Steelers to host Raw tonight.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
jericko
post Oct 5 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(AtownWxWatcher @ Oct 5 2009, 05:42 PM) *
Ahhh MVP..now there is a talent that I think is being used in the wrong way! I have alot of respect for him. To read about how he overcame heart problems and still performs and wrestles the way he does...maybe this is why hes not a main eventer?

He just hasn't reached that level of credibility. While WWE frequently does like to take a guy and "force" credibility, the best way to do it is like they've done with Dibiase and Rhodes... throw them in a high profile feud with other main eventers.

And the problem right now is that Raw lacks someone at that level for MVP to fight. He's not ready for Orton, and the second-best (although weak) choice, Big Show, is tied up with the tag titles. Smackdown doesn't look much better, but even if Punk is going to be free to elevate someone, Morrison's more likely to get that spot than MVP.

Smackdown has Undertaker, Batista, and I supposed Misterio vs just Punk, and Raw is no better with DX and Cena vs Orton. I think they put the tag titles on Show/Jericho to get more use of them between shows, but I think it's time to get them back in their respective world title mixes. I also think they should turn Batista.

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Oct 5 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #53

Obviously to me, that Big Ben was the best host so far on RAW.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Oct 5 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Oct 6 2009, 12:18 AM) *

laugh.gif Sounds like a biased opinion to me Kevin. I think Trish was the best one thus far. cool.gif ...wait thats pretty biased too.

Ok Bob Barker was the best one but Trish was the best to look at.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Oct 5 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Oct 5 2009, 11:46 PM) *
laugh.gif Sounds like a biased opinion to me Kevin. I think Trish was the best one thus far. cool.gif ...wait thats pretty biased too.

Ok Bob Barker was the best one but Trish was the best to look at.

laugh.gif
How good did the Divas look tonight wink.gif

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
post Oct 5 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #56

Guests

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Oct 6 2009, 12:18 AM) *

By far I have to agree with you! Tonights edition with Big Ben had to be the best guest host Raw and IMO its going to be hard to top it!

It was funny how Y2J and Big Show just ran there yaps off and when push came to shove with the offensive line of the steelers..They backed down and left the ring!

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Oct 9 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 19,382

Al Sharpton I could have donw without (lowest ratings since last November)

Things I feel that need 2 change

1. Unify world titles,

2. Take the U.S. belt off MIZ never give him a singles belt. The U.S. belt has no meaning now.

3. Push new/young talent

4. better storylines

5. Dominant Champs needed, stop changing belts as often

6. Cut down on PPV's

7. Unify the womens belts... The Diva belt is just.......... um well it......... looks like..... it has pink in it and has freakin wings I call it the Adult Entertainment belt

8. Unify the U.S and Intercontinental belts

9. ECW belt needs to be hardcore.

10. FIRE MIZ

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #58

Guests

QUOTE(Papa_Bear @ Oct 9 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Al Sharpton I could have donw without (lowest ratings since last November)

Things I feel that need 2 change

1. Unify world titles,

2. Take the U.S. belt off MIZ never give him a singles belt. The U.S. belt has no meaning now.

3. Push new/young talent

4. better storylines

5. Dominant Champs needed, stop changing belts as often

6. Cut down on PPV's

7. Unify the womens belts... The Diva belt is just.......... um well it......... looks like..... it has pink in it and has freakin wings I call it the Adult Entertainment belt

8. Unify the U.S and Intercontinental belts

9. ECW belt needs to be hardcore.

10. FIRE MIZ

I'll add one to this..Get a good general Manager to host raw smile.gif Such as Ric Flair smile.gif or Bret Hart!

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Oct 9 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 19,382

QUOTE(AtownWxWatcher @ Oct 9 2009, 10:16 PM) *
I'll add one to this..Get a good general Manager to host raw smile.gif Such as Ric Flair smile.gif or Bret Hart!

I agree, I like the guest Host each week but they do need a GM Flair never been a big fan but he would be good however he is touring with Hogan and Bischoff on a wrestling tour. Hart would be good I am wanting him to return along with Randy Savage. Savage won't be back though...ever... he has serious issues.

I am very happy they are turnin Chavo back to a face, he has so much talent.

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
jericko
post Oct 11 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #60

The problem is that, in trying to utilize the guest host, they've fallen into a pattern. You've got Jericho and Big Show mouthing off and getting their come-uppance. You've got a themed women's match. You've got Santina buddying up to the guest host in a skit that usually focuses on Santino butchering their name. And you've got Chavo being subjected to some form of humiliation.

It's not all bad by any means, but it has turned it into the worst wrestling show on TV right now, IMO.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:38 AM