Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

182 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Baseball..., 2011 Regular Season Underway!
Removed_Member_OHweather2_*
post Jun 22 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #21

Guests

I think I'm like the only person in Cleveland that doesn't want Eric Wedge fired... unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 22 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #22

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,058

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:10 PM) *
I think I'm like the only person in Cleveland that doesn't want Eric Wedge fired... unsure.gif

At 29-42, good for last in the Central behing KC, and having lost 6 straight. I can see him getting the axe before the AS Break. I could also see them dealing Cliff Lee before too long, and maybe Mark DeRosa as well. Other than that, I think Sizemore and Martinez are untouchables in terms of trade bait. Those 2 are what they should build their team around for years to come.

--------------------
- Logan -

A.S. in Business Administration-- Broome Comm. College '08
B.S. in Accounting-- Binghamton University '10
M.B.A. in Public Accounting-- SUNY Oswego '12
M.S. in Forensic Accounting-- SUNY Brockport '13

+Quote Post
post Jun 22 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE(LoganTyler @ Jun 22 2009, 11:19 PM) *
At 29-42, good for last in the Central behing KC, and having lost 6 straight. I can see him getting the axe before the AS Break. I could also see them dealing Cliff Lee before too long, and maybe Mark DeRosa as well. Other than that, I think Sizemore and Martinez are untouchables in terms of trade bait. Those 2 are what they should build their team around for years to come.

I can see them trading De Rosa...Lee will still be around for next year so I think they'll keep Lee. They will axe Wedge if they don't start playing better. He's tried everything possible to try to turn them around this year and I don't know how much blame should be placed on Wedge or the players themselves...there have also been some important injuries...who knows I don't make the decissions.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 22 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:25 PM) *
I can see them trading De Rosa...Lee will still be around for next year so I think they'll keep Lee. They will axe Wedge if they don't start playing better. He's tried everything possible to try to turn them around this year and I don't know how much blame should be placed on Wedge or the players themselves...there have also been some important injuries...who knows I don't make the decissions.

I don't know, I can realistically see them dealing Lee for the right price with a couple prospects and just starting over so to speak. I know one thing, you can bank on it there will be teams shopping for good starting pitching, and I got to think Cliff Lee would be right near the top of the wishlist for a lot of contenders. The Indians should have no shortage of offers from teams, that why I can see them dealing him for the right package of prospects.

Teams like Philadelphia, especially with the loss of Brett Myers for the year (although they need more bullpen help than starting), New York Mets (need more offense than pitching), St. Louis, and maybe even Texas if they think they are contenders for the West this year could be a couple of teams that might try to get Lee. The Tigers and White Sox need starting pitching too, but I can't see a deal brokered between division rivals.

We'll see, there should be some big trades this year I think. Next several weeks could start getting pretty active if more teams start falling out of contention.

--------------------
- Logan -

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 22 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #25

Also, Lee is technically a free-agent after this season. He is in the final contract year and is making $5.75M this year, with a club option of $9M for 2010. The Indians have not acted on the option yet to my knowledge. If he were to hit the free agent market, he would command a lot more than $9M a year, so the Indians are in a good position in terms of price to keep him for another year, but I don't know. I still can see them moving him this year for the right price.

--------------------
- Logan -

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_starsinmysky_*
post Jun 23 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #26

Guests

What has happened to the Yankees? I don't understand it. CC as said he will make his next start Friday against the Mets, I hope he is 100%. Burnett was terrible. He can't throw strikes. The other night, he did have a great curveball however, but the Marlins' hitters are young and they won't take a lot of pitches. He throws 94, 95, but have the time doesn't know where it's going. At least he hasn't visited the DL yet this season, so I guess that is a plus.

Joba needs to be pitching in the 8th inning. I don't care what Girardi says. He is not a starter. I'd rather him throw 97, 98 for one inning. I like Hughes in the bullpen, the only thing is I don't think you can throw out two guys with similar pitching styles back to back. But he seems to have thrived in the bullpen. He has a fire I haven't seen in years. I like Coke and I like Bruney.

They need to fix A-Rod. He needs to start hitting for average and power again. Cano is a streaky hitter, so is Swisher. Matsui is as well. Jeter has been solid and I like Damon, but not in the field.

Put back Cervelli in the starting lineup. The starters have a higher ERA with Posada.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 23 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 01:01 AM) *
What has happened to the Yankees? I don't understand it. CC as said he will make his next start Friday against the Mets, I hope he is 100%. Burnett was terrible. He can't throw strikes. The other night, he did have a great curveball however, but the Marlins' hitters are young and they won't take a lot of pitches. He throws 94, 95, but have the time doesn't know where it's going. At least he hasn't visited the DL yet this season, so I guess that is a plus.

Joba needs to be pitching in the 8th inning. I don't care what Girardi says. He is not a starter. I'd rather him throw 97, 98 for one inning. I like Hughes in the bullpen, the only thing is I don't think you can throw out two guys with similar pitching styles back to back. But he seems to have thrived in the bullpen. He has a fire I haven't seen in years. I like Coke and I like Bruney.

They need to fix A-Rod. He needs to start hitting for average and power again. Cano is a streaky hitter, so is Swisher. Matsui is as well. Jeter has been solid and I like Damon, but not in the field.

Put back Cervelli in the starting lineup. The starters have a higher ERA with Posada.

Lot of great points there Danny. So far AJ has been a better pie thrower than a MLB Pitcher, especially one making $16M this year.

I agree 100% about putting Chamberlain back in the Pen for the 8th Inning. And, I think he eventually will make his way into the Pen this season, hopefully sooner than later. He does not have the same electricity on the mound as a starter, and is more or less just an average pitcher in such a spot. He was electric coming out of the Pen for the 8th Inning, and the Yanks desperately need someone who can help Mo in the back of the Pen. I know Girardi has been firm about him being a starter, but to a degree, I think it's over his head in terms of decision making. I think the upper management, mostly Cashman, is calling the shots concerning Chamberlain. To some degree, I question who is really running this team.

I think Wang needs to go down to Tampa and get things worked out. He is still not the same pitcher. I don't think his problems can be worked out in the Pen either. I would like to see Phil Hughes back in the rotation and take his spot.

The whole thing with A-rod sitting out in the Florida series is perplexing. The reason was that "he needs some rest". Then, you here stories about how A-rod was out on the town down in Miami with Kate Hudson till 2:30AM. I also question who's this decision was that he sit out. I would not be surprised if it was not Girardi's call. Certainly, it was not by request of A-rod based on his late night shenanigans as someone who thinks they need to sit out and rest would not be out on the town till 2:30AM during a road series.

The outfield defense is atrocious. Damon and Swisher are dreadful outfielders in the field. Damon has trouble catching every flyball it seems, and it's gotten to the point where you almost hold your breathe that he doesn't drop a pop-up everytime one is hit his way. Swisher isn't much better. Neither has a good throwing arm, and runners consistently take the extra base on them at every chance.

Cervelli is without a doubt, a better defensive catcher than Posada. He works better with the pitching staff, and throws runners out at a much better rate. Posada's defense hasn't been the same since he had the shoulder surgery. I think the best is definately behind him. He still swings a mean bat, but he should be relegated to the DH more often than he catches.

Texiera has cooled off after his torrid May and early June. The offense is now struggling without him and A-rod producing. This team seems so reminiscent to the recent Yankee teams. The clutch hitting is almost non-existent, they still have quite a bit of age in their starters, and The bullpen is weak, atleast until Chamberlain is put in the 8th inning role.

Being 0-8 now against the Redsox has shown what this team is all about, and has now put the Yanks in a hole in the East. The Redsox are now 4 games up, and the Rays are getting hot and now only 2.0 back. I don't think Toronto will be a threat this year, especially with Halladay now on the DL. The Red Sox have already completed all their trips to the West Coast for this season. The Yanks still have 2 road trips out west this year. The Angels have now gotten most of their pitching back off the DL and are now playing good baseball. The Yanks never play well against the Angels for whatever the reason. When Torre was the manager, the Angels were the only team in which he had a losing record against during his tenure as Yankee manager.

I worry most about the Rays right now. I don't think the AL Central will produce a serious Wild Card contender this year. I don' think the Rangers will stay in the race either, as they typically fall apart in the 2nd half of the season, usually because of the last of pitching. The Angels will probably win the West again. I can see the Rays staying close with the Yanks this year for the wildcard spot. They have good starting pitching and clutch hitting. Barring anymore injuries to their most important players, they should be in the race for the long haul.

--------------------
- Logan -

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #28

Guests

Excellent points Logan. smile.gif

Matsuzaka is probably lost for the rest of the season. That is a big blow to Boston, considering he was 18-3 last year. Smoltz will fill in, but Smoltz is not Matsuzaka. They do have Buckholtz in the minor leagues however. Pitching in the WBC was detrimental. He was pitching important innings early on and that must have taken a lot out of his arm. If you have watched him recently, he is not the same guy. Francona said it will take a lot of work to get him back, so that is not good.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 23 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 01:45 AM) *
Excellent points Logan. smile.gif

Matsuzaka is probably lost for the rest of the season. That is a big blow to Boston, considering he was 18-3 last year. Smoltz will fill in, but Smoltz is not Matsuzaka. They do have Buckholtz in the minor leagues however. Pitching in the WBC was detrimental. He was pitching important innings early on and that must have taken a lot out of his arm. If you have watched him recently, he is not the same guy. Francona said it will take a lot of work to get him back, so that is not good.

Yeah, he may be done for the season. Their bullpen is nasty, and may be the best in MLB. What makes me even more disgruntled about that, is most of their bullpen arms are young and have come up thru their farm system. They all have live arms and can pitch in the big leagues. Papelbon is scary on the mound in the 9th. He will be in their Pen for years to come. Like most of their Pen, they also have a lot of homegrown talent in their starting lineup like Pedroia, Youkilis, and Ellsbury. This team will be contenders and a thorn in the Yanks side for a long time to come.

This is another reason why Chamberlain should be in the Pen. We need to match the Redsox with more younger talent. He should have been left in the Pen where he was electric. If it's not broken, don't fix it. He was dominant in his role, and they shouldn't have tweaked a good thing. He should stay in the Pen where he can harness his role as a dominant reliever because he should and probably will be Mo's replacement as closer when he retires.

This post has been edited by LoganTyler: Jun 23 2009, 01:02 AM

--------------------
- Logan -

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #30

Guests

When the Yankees abandon this phillosophy that money buys championships, we will actually win one. Putting together a team full of high priced superstars does not guarantee a championship. Get rid of Girardi and bring in Bobby Valentine. Yes, I said Valentine.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 23 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 02:09 AM) *
When the Yankees abandon this phillosophy that money buys championships, we will actually win one. Putting together a team full of high priced superstars does not guarantee a championship. Get rid of Girardi and bring in Bobby Valentine. Yes, I said Valentine.

I do say, I don't mind Girardi. I think it's still too early to tell what kind of manager he will be. So far, I don't think he's been great, and don't think he's been bad. What happens this year will be telling.

What you said though is the very root of the problem. Throwing money out at high-priced free agents, and thinking that's what winning a championship takes, is not the way to go. I think back to the off-season heading into 2002 when they signed Giambi for 8 years/$160M or therebouts. That signing is what started this whole streak of spending money like no tomorrow on free agents.

With Torre and George now out of the picture, Cashman is now the only common denominator left in the management regime. He should be the next to go when things go south. He is who has put the pitching staff together the last several years, and couldn't have done much worse of a job. I think back on names like Kevin Brown, Jaret Wright, Jeff Weaver, Kyle Farnsworth, and of course Kei Igawa. Igawa was quite possibly the worst signing in MLB history. 4 years/$40M for a mediocre, minor league AAA Pitcher. The only real reason he signed him was to offset the Redsox signing of Matzusaka. What a disaster that signing was.

But your right, the day they get back to late 90's philosophy of team building will be the day we bring a championship back to the Bronx. The idea of throwing money out the door like the Joker throwing money to Gotham City from his float in Batman has to end. I look back to late 90's championship teams when we had tons of home grown talent and fundamentally sound players that featured clutch hitting and dominant pitching in the bullpen, and I see the current Red Sox being exactly what the Yankees of the late 90's were all about.

--------------------
- Logan -

+Quote Post
Rbrtkln
post Jun 23 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 12,261

Girardi is ok, he has made some rookie mistakes though. After all, he is only a third year manager.

The Yankees would be better served in the future if Joba was a starter because they have plenty of good young reliever arms in their minors and any of them could be Mariano's replacement or future 8 inning guys. Meanwhile they don't have much in the way of future starting pitching except Phil Hughes and any year could be Pettitte's last. Certainly they would be better off with Joba in the pen, THIS YEAR, but maybe not the future. That said, one has to wonder if Joba could succeed as a starter. He might be the next Kerry Wood!!!

Posada's catching seems to be a problem as I have heard on a few occasions that none of the starters even like throwing to him.

--------------------
My Winter 08/09 Snow Tally: 29.1"
My Winter 09/10 Snow Tally: 56.5"
My Winter 10/11 Snow Tally: 54.8"
My Winter 11/12 Snow Tally: 5.7"
My Winter 12/13 Snow Tally: 20.9"
My Winter 13/14 Snow Tally: 58.8"
My Winter 14/15 Snow Tally: 0.25"

12-12-14 - 0.25"

Everything Else- The most fun you can have with your clothes on. For Real! Not kidding!

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #33

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

QUOTE(LoganTyler @ Jun 22 2009, 11:34 PM) *
I don't know, I can realistically see them dealing Lee for the right price with a couple prospects and just starting over so to speak. I know one thing, you can bank on it there will be teams shopping for good starting pitching, and I got to think Cliff Lee would be right near the top of the wishlist for a lot of contenders. The Indians should have no shortage of offers from teams, that why I can see them dealing him for the right package of prospects.

Teams like Philadelphia, especially with the loss of Brett Myers for the year (although they need more bullpen help than starting), New York Mets (need more offense than pitching), St. Louis, and maybe even Texas if they think they are contenders for the West this year could be a couple of teams that might try to get Lee. The Tigers and White Sox need starting pitching too, but I can't see a deal brokered between division rivals.

We'll see, there should be some big trades this year I think. Next several weeks could start getting pretty active if more teams start falling out of contention.

The Tigers don't need starting pitching. Sure, our #4 and #5 starters are horrible, but we're in the AL Central, where everyone else's #4 and #5 starters are horrible. I firmly believe that the Tigers can win the AL Central with the pitching they have right now. The Tigers need to deal for a bat.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jun 23 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Jun 23 2009, 08:55 AM) *
The Tigers don't need starting pitching. Sure, our #4 and #5 starters are horrible, but we're in the AL Central, where everyone else's #4 and #5 starters are horrible. I firmly believe that the Tigers can win the AL Central with the pitching they have right now. The Tigers need to deal for a bat.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I certainly agree that the whole Al Central's 4 and 5 guys suck, that's generally true for the whole of the MLB. But, I think we could use a fifth starter. I'm fine with having a rotation of Galaragga or Bonderman (if he comes back) or Dontrelle (every now and then just to see if he remembers the goal of pitching) as the fourth starter. Maybe Figaro will end up being a competent pitcher for a while, or we could put Miner back as a starter now that we recalled Dolsi from the minors. It would be nice to have a solid pitcher, nothing fancy, to come out every fifth day at the back end of the rotation. Someone like Scott Baker, or Braden Looper. Someone who throws a lot of strikes and not many balls. I don't mind if they give up hits, like the two guys I mentioned (both have ERA's around 5.2), but if they don't walk lots of people (like our 4th and 5th starters do) it would be a nice addition. Our infield defense might be able to take away a few hits for a new guy too.

I don't think we need to deal for a bat. I don't know where we'd put one. We certainly have a first baseman. Cabrera will be excellent for years to come, and he's turned into a pretty good fielder too. For only his second year at the position he makes a lot of veteran plays.

We've got Polanco at second who is an outstanding fielder and a perfect number 2 in a lineup (when he's in a groove). I think he'll turn the slow start around as we head into summer. He's a contact/line-drive hitter which isn't something that typically just dissapears. He is hitting for more doubles power than normal which would imply that his swing is still fine. Polanco also isn't striking out much more than usual either.

Then, at short we have a great defensive player in Everett and a serviceable though decidedly below average bat. He does drive in runs which I think makes his lack of average and power acceptable. 26 RBI's in only 150 at bats is a 100 RBI a year pace for a full-time player. For the 8th man in the order that's pretty good. He bats .275 with runners in scoring position and .280 with runners in position and 2 outs. Those are fine numbers. Also, his backup (and Polanco's) in Santiago is an excellent fielder and also someone with a fairly tame, but effective, bat. I think that "rotation" of Santiago, Polanco and Everett at 2nd and short make for the rest middle infield defensively in baseball (though a few teams like Pittsburgh are strong up the middle also). They also manage to drive in runs and hit well with RISP and 2 outs. I don't think we need to trade to get a better player at any of those positions (these guys are fairly cheap too).

At third, Inge has been great. He's always been one of the best fielding third-basemen in the game. The hitting has always been up and down (mostly down). This year, with that new batting stance and bat position he is crushing the ball. Batting .275 with 17 homers and slugging .500 is pretty darn good. He's a threat every time up to the plate which is something we missed last year in the lower part of the lineup (and something that made our lineup so good back in 07). Even if he cools off at the bat I think his defense is such that I wouldn't trade him. He's got a little bit of speed too which makes him useful for hit and run type plays.

So, I think our infield is set. Sure it would be nice to have a sweet-hitting short-stop or a second basemen who hits for power, but I think it's unnecessary, especially given the defense of the guys we have and the price tag attached to the really good players at those positions. If Polanco doesn't show signs of picking up the average in the next month or so then I would start to look at possibly moving him. I think he will pick it up though.

Laird is fine at catcher too. I hope he picks that bat up again, cause if he can't then he may be trade-bait. However, he's an excellent defensive catcher, he calls very good games too. He's nursed Porcello through his first dozen professional games and they've been winning them too. Laird is much better calling the games than Pudge was and I think it makes him valuable even if his bat is cold. I can live with him being a .250 hitter slugging about .400. Right now he's hitting .220 and slugging .340, that's too low. But, I give him another month to see how things go. I don't think you could switch catchers on Porcello right now either.

The outfield is a bit of a mess right now. Granderson is the only stable piece in center, he's untouchable and will hopefully play for us his entire career. Class act both on and off the field. In right we'll have Magglio back soon, and hopefully the real Magglio. He's been hitting for an almost decent average .275, which implies that his swing isn't completely amiss and maybe the heat of summer will help him start to take some fly balls out of the park. We'll see, but I'd certainly wait a few weeks before deciding that we need to replace him in Right. He is a fairly lousy fielder, but he doesn't screw many plays up, just can't move that well. If he starts hitting again, his fielding is definitely acceptable.

Left field is even more muddled right now. I kinda like what Anderson brings to the table with his speed but the rest of his game brings a bit to be desired. I think we should keep using him, but bat him ninth in the order. Alternatively, put Thames in the field and Hessman to put at DH (maybe he would do well there). Thames certainly needs to stay, he's heating up now and is a potent bat to have in a lineup.

We've got quite a few young players, Anderson, Larish, Thomas and Kelly who have all had flashes of major league skill-sets. I think using them as a random rotation between Left and DH is a decent way to see them improve. Also, it gives Leyland the option to ride the hot bat. I mean, Thomas had a hot stretch and so has Anderson. Combined they have produced what you would expect from a single batter in the outfield. It's kind of an un-orthodox platoon type idea, but I think it works. Though, if solid left-fielder were to be on the market I wouldn't be opposed to going after them. The only ones that come to mind would be Lind from Toronto, maybe Rivera from the Angels and I guess Choo for Cleveland. I don't like Choo at all and both Lind and Rivera are not overly impressive fielders, but all three would be upgrades (to a point) in Left for us. We'll see.

On the whole I guess I would only favor a trade that brings us a new, solid left fielder or a fifth/fourth starter. I'd be perfectly willing to give up guys like Dusty Ryan (who could be a valuable power hitting "catcher" for some team), Larish (who just kinda sucks from what I can tell), Clevelen (if we even still have him), Robertson (I think he could still be a competent starter for a team, he's not a reliever type pitcher, though last year he wasn't a starting type pitcher either) and maybe Anderson (though his speed makes him very valuable to us).

I still like the Tiger's chances of staying in solidly in the division lead and making a good playoff run. They have the best 1-2 starters in all of baseball I think, or at least tied for the best 1-2. A lineup that can produce runs, and except for prolonged slumps of Polanco and Magglio looks pretty good all around. An infield of excellent defenders with another excellent defender behind the plate in Laird. We've also got speed in a few places, more doubles-type speed than stealing speed but it certainly is enough to give Leyland the option of putting on the hit and run in situations that call for it. We still ground into too many double plays and starting runners would solve that. On the whole, it's a fairly good looking team and it certainly doesn't seem a fluke that we've got the fourth best record in all of baseball. Nobody is performing shockingly above their "normal" levels of production and frankly, some of our best bats have been in a slump for most of the year.

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 23 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 13,459

6/22 Final Scores:

Mets 6 Cardinals 4
Braves 2 Cubs 0
Rockies 11 Angels 1
Oakland 5 Giants 1

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #36

Guests

Let's talk about the Mets, shall we?

DL galore with this team. Now Beltran has joined the list. Reyes, Maine, Putz, Delgado, Perez.

To the Mets: Don't deal prospects for a short term benefit. They have made some dumb trades in the past and now they are suffering from a lack of roster depth. There are some names being thrown around: Matt Holiday, Mark DeRosa, Nick Johnson, Aubrey Huff. But the farm system lacks any kind of second-tier prospects. You will not trade Fernando Martinez, Brad Holts, or Jenrry Meijas. I would wait and grind it out or at least wait for the price demands to come down. If they don't make the playoffs, they will take a hit on ticket prices, however, they would be in a better position to spend money in the offeseason if they need to. They need to build for the future. But if the Orioles did call and say, that the Mets can take Huff but also pay the $5 million he is owed for the rest of the season in exchange for a couple of lesser prospects, do it. Huff is an above average hitter and can hit under the bright lights of New York. They are only 1 1/2 games back of Philly. If you need to sacrifice now to be better later, do it.

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 23 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Let's talk about the Mets, shall we?

DL galore with this team. Now Beltran has joined the list. Reyes, Maine, Putz, Delgado, Perez.

To the Mets: Don't deal prospects for a short term benefit. They have made some dumb trades in the past and now they are suffering from a lack of roster depth. There are some names being thrown around: Matt Holiday, Mark DeRosa, Nick Johnson, Aubrey Huff. But the farm system lacks any kind of second-tier prospects. You will not trade Fernando Martinez, Brad Holts, or Jenrry Meijas. I would wait and grind it out or at least wait for the price demands to come down. If they don't make the playoffs, they will take a hit on ticket prices, however, they would be in a better position to spend money in the offeseason if they need to. They need to build for the future. But if the Orioles did call and say, that the Mets can take Huff but also pay the $5 million he is owed for the rest of the season in exchange for a couple of lesser prospects, do it. Huff is an above average hitter and can hit under the bright lights of New York. They are only 1 1/2 games back of Philly. If you need to sacrifice now to be better later, do it.

Yes. Injuries are really screwing the Mets at the moment. All the guys out like Reyes, Maine, and now Beltran need to be healthy to help the Mets later in the season for the playoff run. They have also lost four consective series. Phillies are sliding and the Mets rae really not taking advantage of it. I think the Nets could make a big deal or two by or on the trade deadline day.

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 23 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #38

Tonight's schedule of games:

Yankees at Braves
Cubs at Tigers
Red Soxs at Nationals
Indians at Pirates
Reds at Blue Jays
Phillies at Rays- World Series Rematch
Cardinals at Mets
Orioles at Marlins
Twins at Brewers
Royals at Astros
Dodgers at White Soxs
Rangers at Diamondbacks
Rockies at Angels
Giants at A's
Padres at Mariners

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #39

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

Ryan Raburn hits a pinch-hit 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th and the Tigers steal one from the Cubs! There is no team I would rather hit a walk-off against than the Cubs. cool.gif

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #40

Guests

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Jun 23 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Ryan Raburn hits a pinch-hit 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th and the Tigers steal one from the Cubs! There is no team I would rather hit a walk-off against than the Cubs. cool.gif

The White Sox? Yankees?

This post has been edited by OHweather2: Jun 23 2009, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post

182 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 03:36 PM