Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

182 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Baseball..., 2011 Regular Season Underway!
Removed_Member_OHweather2_*
post Jun 23 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #41

Guests

I really liked the 2005 bullpen...the 07 bullpen was alright too...but this years sleep.gif

Sorry I'm watching another 9th inning collapse for the Indians' bullpen...

This post has been edited by OHweather2: Jun 23 2009, 08:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #42

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 23 2009, 09:51 PM) *
The White Sox? Yankees?

I hate the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, and Yankees, but what really gets me about the Cubs is their fans. mad.gif So yes, Cubs it is, with Twins second because their style of play is irritating. laugh.gif

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #43

Guests

You wouldn't want to hit a GW HR off of the Indians though because at some point you have to start just feeling bad for them...

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:00 PM) *
You wouldn't want to hit a GW HR off of the Indians though because at some point you have to start just feeling bad for them...

No but we really like robbing you guys of GW HR's. wink.gif

--------------------

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #45

Guests

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Jun 23 2009, 10:01 PM) *
No but we really like robbing you guys of GW HR's. wink.gif

I was at a game in 07 when Granderson made a spectacular catch in the bottom of the 10th when the Indians were trying to come back from a Borowski blown save....the Pirates have batted around in the 9th dry.gif

But hey the Indians are still winning for now...

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:03 PM) *
I was at a game in 07 when Granderson made a spectacular catch in the bottom of the 10th when the Indians were trying to come back from a Borowski blown save....the Pirates have batted around in the 9th dry.gif

But hey the Indians are still winning for now...

If Kerry Wood can actually get out of this jam that would be incredible. Of course if he doesn't it's an epic fail but...

--------------------

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 23 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #47

Wow Kerry Wood somehow got out of that jam!

--------------------

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #48

Guests

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Jun 23 2009, 10:04 PM) *
If Kerry Wood can actually get out of this jam that would be incredible. Of course if he doesn't it's an epic fail but...

If he doesn't I change my opinion about keeping Wedge because Wedge elected to not let Huff go out in the 9th.

OH MY G-D THEY DID IT!!! THEY WON!!! Sounds like there were mostly Indian fans there too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #49

Guests

To elaborate Wedge always plays it by the books too much...he took the starter out with over 100 pitches, even though he was still pitching well in the 8th, and put in a reliever...pitch count is over rated Wedge should have left in the guy who was effective all game, even though he had 112 pitches and not put leave it up to some inconsistent bullpen. IDK is that is easy to follow but this isn;t the first time Wedge has yanked a starter too early IMO...I'm still on the fence on if Wedge is the right manager or not...I don't know who they would be able to replace him at this point...maybe keep Wedge the rest of the season and go from there...

This post has been edited by OHweather2: Jun 23 2009, 09:11 PM

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 23 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #50

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,058

Yanks blanked 4-0 to the Braves. Offense left 8 men on base in the 1st 3 innings, including bases loaded in the 1st/3rd innings, and 2nd/3rd in the 2nd inning. Plenty of chances to score, and nothing.

Red Sox of course are mopping the floor with the lowly Nationals, and about to go 5.0 up in the division. Things are NOT okay in Yankee land right now. mad.gif

--------------------
- Logan -

A.S. in Business Administration-- Broome Comm. College '08
B.S. in Accounting-- Binghamton University '10
M.B.A. in Public Accounting-- SUNY Oswego '12
M.S. in Forensic Accounting-- SUNY Brockport '13

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 23 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 13,459

QUOTE(LoganTyler @ Jun 23 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Yanks blanked 4-0 to the Braves. Offense left 8 men on base in the 1st 3 innings, including bases loaded in the 1st/3rd innings, and 2nd/3rd in the 2nd inning. Plenty of chances to score, and nothing.

Red Sox of course are mopping the floor with the lowly Nationals, and about to go 5.0 up in the division. Things are NOT okay in Yankee land right now. mad.gif

I agree. This is getting very frustrating losing to these NL East temas like the Nationals, Marlins, and now Braves. One thing I notice alot is that the Yanks tend to struggle with pitchers they haven't seen before. I can't wait until interleague is over and the Yanks go back home and host Seattle.

For the Red Soxs they crushed the Nationals 11-3 and are up 5.0 games on us and Blue Jays also won tying us for second place. mad.gif

I hope Joba can pitch us a great game tomorrow.

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Jun 23 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 12,058

QUOTE(WEATHERFAN100 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:17 PM) *
One thing I notice alot is that the Yanks tend to struggle with pitchers they haven't seen before.

That has been one of the biggest M.O's of the Yankee offense the last several years. Doesn't matter who the pitcher is, how young he is, the first time is a charm for any pitcher against the Yankee offense. If a team has a struggling no-name pitcher who can't seem to get their stuff together, well just throw them in a game against the Yanks. It will surely cure their ills.

Johnny Damon and Joe Girardi were asked this question not long ago after the young Washington National pitcher pitched a gem in Yankee Stadium for the win. They said something along the lines... "we just seem to have trouble with pitchers who throw strikes. They come right at us, and it seems they are able to get ahead of us in the counts and expand the strike zone on us."

I've seen this time and time again where an aggressive pitcher comes in throwing Strike 1 to almost every batter, and because the Yankee offense lives and dies on the Home Runs and Walks, they always take the 1st pitch strike. Then, now that they are behind in the count, they end up taking defensive swings and hitting harmless grounders or lazy pop-ups.

The offense is feast or famine. One night its a 10-11 runs outburst, and the next night they come back with a 1 run, 4 hit effort. They are so incredibly sporadic it drives me nuts. No consistency at all in this team.

--------------------
- Logan -

A.S. in Business Administration-- Broome Comm. College '08
B.S. in Accounting-- Binghamton University '10
M.B.A. in Public Accounting-- SUNY Oswego '12
M.S. in Forensic Accounting-- SUNY Brockport '13

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 24 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(LoganTyler @ Jun 24 2009, 01:09 AM) *
That has been one of the biggest M.O's of the Yankee offense the last several years. Doesn't matter who the pitcher is, how young he is, the first time is a charm for any pitcher against the Yankee offense. If a team has a struggling no-name pitcher who can't seem to get their stuff together, well just throw them in a game against the Yanks. It will surely cure their ills.

Johnny Damon and Joe Girardi were asked this question not long ago after the young Washington National pitcher pitched a gem in Yankee Stadium for the win. They said something along the lines... "we just seem to have trouble with pitchers who throw strikes. They come right at us, and it seems they are able to get ahead of us in the counts and expand the strike zone on us."

I've seen this time and time again where an aggressive pitcher comes in throwing Strike 1 to almost every batter, and because the Yankee offense lives and dies on the Home Runs and Walks, they always take the 1st pitch strike. Then, now that they are behind in the count, they end up taking defensive swings and hitting harmless grounders or lazy pop-ups.

The offense is feast or famine. One night its a 10-11 runs outburst, and the next night they come back with a 1 run, 4 hit effort. They are so incredibly sporadic it drives me nuts. No consistency at all in this team.

I agree 100%. I am also noticing that Robinson Cano swings at the first pitch everytime and pops it up to left and leaving a bunch of guys on the bases. If we come back to the Bronx next week I hope they expect to get boo'ed.

Oh sure their is some consistency if you count them losing and/or falling behind every game.

This post has been edited by WEATHERFAN100: Jun 24 2009, 10:51 AM

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
post Jun 24 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #54

Guests

NY fans are ruthless...

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post Jun 24 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 24 2009, 06:54 PM) *
NY fans are ruthless...

Hey hope you have fun with Jose Veras so you guys then could feel our pain from a few games this season.

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Jun 24 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 14,017

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 22 2009, 02:44 PM) *
How 'bout them Dodgers?

They are going to breeze into the playoffs.

QUOTE(LoganTyler @ Jun 23 2009, 01:32 AM) *
I agree 100% about putting Chamberlain back in the Pen for the 8th Inning. And, I think he eventually will make his way into the Pen this season, hopefully sooner than later. He does not have the same electricity on the mound as a starter, and is more or less just an average pitcher in such a spot. He was electric coming out of the Pen for the 8th Inning, and the Yanks desperately need someone who can help Mo in the back of the Pen. I know Girardi has been firm about him being a starter, but to a degree, I think it's over his head in terms of decision making. I think the upper management, mostly Cashman, is calling the shots concerning Chamberlain. To some degree, I question who is really running this team.

I think Wang needs to go down to Tampa and get things worked out. He is still not the same pitcher. I don't think his problems can be worked out in the Pen either. I would like to see Phil Hughes back in the rotation and take his spot.

The whole thing with A-rod sitting out in the Florida series is perplexing. The reason was that "he needs some rest". Then, you here stories about how A-rod was out on the town down in Miami with Kate Hudson till 2:30AM. I also question who's this decision was that he sit out. I would not be surprised if it was not Girardi's call. Certainly, it was not by request of A-rod based on his late night shenanigans as someone who thinks they need to sit out and rest would not be out on the town till 2:30AM during a road series.

The outfield defense is atrocious. Damon and Swisher are dreadful outfielders in the field. Damon has trouble catching every flyball it seems, and it's gotten to the point where you almost hold your breathe that he doesn't drop a pop-up everytime one is hit his way. Swisher isn't much better. Neither has a good throwing arm, and runners consistently take the extra base on them at every chance.

Texiera has cooled off after his torrid May and early June. The offense is now struggling without him and A-rod producing. This team seems so reminiscent to the recent Yankee teams. The clutch hitting is almost non-existent, they still have quite a bit of age in their starters, and The bullpen is weak, atleast until Chamberlain is put in the 8th inning role.

The Yankees have bullpen issues. I think Joba should go into the pen and Hughes should be in the rotation.Joba don't have the stamina to be a starter. He gets tired after 5 innings. Their hitting is also a problem because the only great hitter on the team that is always doing something is Texiera. Arod is struggling big time. I think he is either still hurt or he is off the juice.

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Let's talk about the Mets, shall we?

DL galore with this team. Now Beltran has joined the list. Reyes, Maine, Putz, Delgado, Perez.

To the Mets: Don't deal prospects for a short term benefit. They have made some dumb trades in the past and now they are suffering from a lack of roster depth. There are some names being thrown around: Matt Holiday, Mark DeRosa, Nick Johnson, Aubrey Huff. But the farm system lacks any kind of second-tier prospects. You will not trade Fernando Martinez, Brad Holts, or Jenrry Meijas. I would wait and grind it out or at least wait for the price demands to come down. If they don't make the playoffs, they will take a hit on ticket prices, however, they would be in a better position to spend money in the offeseason if they need to. They need to build for the future. But if the Orioles did call and say, that the Mets can take Huff but also pay the $5 million he is owed for the rest of the season in exchange for a couple of lesser prospects, do it. Huff is an above average hitter and can hit under the bright lights of New York. They are only 1 1/2 games back of Philly. If you need to sacrifice now to be better later, do it.

The Mets are a mess right now. Luckly, we are only 1.5 out, thanks to the Phillies lol. They have to get a big hitter near the deadline. I would take either Dunn or Huff but the Nationals and Orioles probably want someone good for them. I wouldn't trade F-Mart or any of the top prospects for them.

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jun 24 2009, 05:54 PM) *
NY fans are ruthless...

Philly fans are horrible. The worst fans out there.

--------------------
Winter =)

+Quote Post
DomNH
post Jun 24 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 11,976

The Red Sox are playing really, really, well as of late. Big Papi is Big Papi again, Jacoby Ellsbury is turning into an excellent player, and Nick Green has continued to solidify the bottom of the order. Smoltz is making his debut tomorrow and that should only make the rotation stronger.

The Yankees on the other hand are really struggling as of late. If they can't get their clubhouse issues fixed (A-Rod distraction, Posada and the pitchers), they'll continue to struggle. The AL East lead is 5 right now, and even though it's early, the Yankees really should start stringing some wins together (maybe tonight was the catalyst?) so the Red Sox don't begin to run away with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 25 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #58

Tigers win again! tongue.gif Now winning the AL Central by 5 games and holding the third best record in baseball! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
DomNH
post Jun 25 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 11,976

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ Jun 23 2009, 01:45 AM) *
Excellent points Logan. smile.gif

Matsuzaka is probably lost for the rest of the season. That is a big blow to Boston, considering he was 18-3 last year. Smoltz will fill in, but Smoltz is not Matsuzaka. They do have Buckholtz in the minor leagues however. Pitching in the WBC was detrimental. He was pitching important innings early on and that must have taken a lot out of his arm. If you have watched him recently, he is not the same guy. Francona said it will take a lot of work to get him back, so that is not good.

I'm glad Matsuzaka is on the shelf for a while (as are most Boston fans). He may have went 18-3 last year, but did that with the lowest amount of innings pitched for an 18 game winner in history. He could never get out of the fifth and was really lucky we had a good bullpen to back him up - and that was still the case before he went on the DL this year. My money is on Smoltz being the better option this year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jun 25 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #60

Guests

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Jun 25 2009, 02:44 AM) *
Tigers win again! tongue.gif Now winning the AL Central by 5 games and holding the third best record in baseball! biggrin.gif

I was at the tuesday game, heck of a ball game. Nothing better than seeing 10000 dejected cubs fans leaving the park. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

182 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:50 AM