Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fridays Questions, Week 86
EJAMI
post Sep 18 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,801

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have?

2.When your at home, what do you do to get comfortable and cozy?

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like?

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss?

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite?

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad?

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ?

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you?

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums?

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend?

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending?

This post has been edited by EJAMI: Sep 18 2009, 05:36 AM

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by those things that take your breath away!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maw
post Sep 18 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,971

Thanks so much EJAMI for doing these. Good job!!

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe. ~Maw

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have? I would do some type of social work. I love helping people, but the pay is very small.

2.When your at home, what do you do to get comfortable and cozy? Blanket and pillow. Anywhere will do.

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like? Polar bear.

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss? Larry, in 8th grade, at school.

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite? Sparky (Anderson) the wonder dog. We had him for 19 years. What a dog!

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad? Mom.

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE? Perhaps...

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? I don't fly. Really no need to. I don't get intimidated. I don't care enough to.

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? No.

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? I have really good friends on here. My closest are EJAMI, Bubbles, BCW123, Robo, Marisa, and Bikertrash. I can't forget ph34r.gif . He'll always have a special place in Maw's heart.

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending? Absolutely. As long as it wasn't over 8 hours driving away.

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Sep 18 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,542

1. If you could achieve your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have?
Politician, say President or Senator:
- Illegal immigration would not be a problem.
- Governmental workers who have not paid their taxes would be in jail so fast their heads would be spinning when they got there.
- Countries who trade with this country would be treated as equals and I would expect to get something for this country if and when we would give aid to another country.
- Christianity would flourish and at the very least it would be treated with the same parity other faiths are treated with.
- Smut on TV/radio and the internet would find it much harder to make it to the air waves.
- The tax laws would be rewritten to encourage marriage and to dissuade divorce.
- We would be drilling here...now.
- The wonderful sheriff of Maricopa County would be one of my chief advisors as would Charles Krauthammer, Mark Alexander, Condi Rice and others who have shown insight and abilities that "get the job done".
- I would rebuild the old Elliot Ness Untouchables and we would root out governmental corruption.
- White collar prisons and blue collar prisons would be the same thing. No more easy or short for those who swindle Americans our of their money/retirement.
- Color would cease to be a factor in determining, well, pretty much of anything.
- There would be no free rides in prison/jail. If you go to jail or prison for one day or one decade you will spend your time there working to make this a better place to live.
- I would work my rear off to put this country back on the gold standard. So that our money would be backed by something other than well wishes and hope.
- This country by public recognition and other means would identify and celebrate Americans who achieve great things, who make great sacrifices for others. Positive news and announcements would be the order of the day. The bully pulpit would be a pulpit of the people not of special interests. Not a thing of the right or the left or of democrats or republicans but pulpit of the people.
- Americas corporate tax rate would be among the lowest in the world instead of right now it being the highest in the world.
-Business is America and America would be about business. Jobs and opportunity are created by the private sector and not some government bureaucrat government. The govt TAKES by force from someone to give to someone else. Business receives monies in trade from someone...they do not take by in large. That is the driving engine of our economy...business. Not government handouts, not government favors...but business.
My motto would be honesty: There is no room for corruption in a free government.

2. When your at home, what do you do to get comfortable and cozy? Snuggle on the couch with my hunny.

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like?
Lion, the patriarch of a pride of lions.

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss?

I do not remember her name, but I was in 4th grade, we hid behind the curtains and she later moved away to Indiana.

My Rotty; King. He was MY dog. What ever I tried to teach him he would try his best to learn it as fast as possible. Sure he liked food but my desires were paramount to him. He was a truly wonderful companion.

6. Were you closer to your mom or dad?
Day to day my mom was my go to person especially as I got older but dad was my buddy, my best friend. I needed dad and dad needed me. The hole he left in my heart when he passed away will never be able to be filled. Treasure your parents because you have NO idea how much you will miss them when they are gone....forever.

Of course. How a person acts in public needs to be somewhat tempered as compared to how that person might act in private with their family.

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? We have flown many times since then. Intimidated? LOL, I pity the next fool who tries to hi jack a plane with a box cutter while i'm on the plane....
9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? I wouldn’t, but I am sure some might...

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? Yes, though they do not post nearly often enough.
Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending?
Perhaps, things would have to work out "just right" for it to work out. These kinds of internet reunions are difficult to pull off.

Edited for spelling

This post has been edited by raughammer: Sep 18 2009, 10:39 AM

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Sep 18 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,257

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have?
pro baseball player

sleep

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like? butterfly

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss? elaine, at her house after school

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite? i had a dog named sandy when i was a kid

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad? mom, dad died 17 years before she did

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ? nope, its all here

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? yes and no

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? no

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? not really

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending
depends on where its at

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 18 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,013

Thank you for the Questions!
You too!
Trauma Surgeon...hands down.

Take a shower and get all clean, put on lotion and cute PJ's, and then paint my finger and toe nails.

White Tiger (beautiful, but deadly)
lol...no really, I don't know...

Brian. In front of his appartment

Powder Puff....my kitty growing up. She slept with me, followed me, and just loved me.
Mom...but I haven't been close to her since I was about 12
Of course, most of us probably have one.
Yes, and no they have not intimadated me
Sometimes
10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend?
Yes
lol, yes. This is the only forum I know of that isn't stocked full of *weirdos* most people on here are either weather freaks or people who access the forums from work.

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
Pahzy See
post Sep 18 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,058

Theoretical Astrophysicist

Put on my lounge pants, light up a smoke, and have a Jack n Coke

brown bear

Aesha, outside her house in Dearborn, MI

A gorgeous all-black cat named Satan. Just had the best personality.

Mom.

Nah, I am crazier here than in real life. Kind of sad really.

I have flown, yes. Heck, the terrorists never intimidated me, even right after 911. "Bring it on! I won't go down without a fight"

Without a doubt

Nah. I may be freindly with a few, but having not met any of you guys in real life, I can't call you friends. Friendship to me is very difficult to come by.

Possibly.

--------------------
From the Constitution of the United States of America:

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacably to assemble, and to petition the Government for redress of grievances.

+Quote Post
Maw
post Sep 18 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(Pahzy See @ Sep 18 2009, 09:49 AM) *
I have flown, yes. Heck, the terrorists never intimidated me, even right after 911. "Bring it on! I won't go down without a fight"

Preach it, Pahzy!!! As I say, "I won't be the only one going to the hospital!"

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Sep 18 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,471

I would own my own comic shop
Cup of coffee and my lappy usually does the trick. At night I usually grab some candy and watch a movie.
Wolf maybe, somewhat keep to myself except for those in my pack...
My first girlfriend's name was Lyndsey, we kissed in my driveway in her car.
Rocky, and he still is, he's a 20 pound grey and black tabby. He's the best
Probably my mom growing up, though now I would say my dad
I'm sure there's a little crazy in everybody around here, myself included laugh.gif
Yes I've flown and no terrorist has ever affected my plans
Yeah, it's safe to say, I come here outside of work even
Bubbles is a great friend, there are plenty of people here I would call friend happy.gif
For sure

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Sep 18 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,095

I would be a high school history teacher. (I'm about halfway through my schooling for that)

Put on my pajama pants, a sweatshirt, slippers, go under the covers, eat top ramen (I'm going cold weather cozy)

I want to say a lion, but I'm not that tough. Maybe more like a dog. I'm loyal and I love to sleep.

Her name was danielle and it was by the stater brothers. We were just sitting in the car listening to music and it happened.

I had a cat named Tony Soprano. He could be the sweetest cat ever, but if you got him mad he would go crazy and start scratching you. I loved that cat.

I was closer to my dad, but 8 years ago it switched to my mom. Dad is with Jesus now.

Sure. I don't post on here after too many adult beverages.

Yeah I've flown. Flying is so much fun. Nope, no terrorist is going to scare me.

During the hours of 7-3 I would say yes. Every time I try to get out, it pulls me back in.

Sure.

Sure. I mean I don't really know anyone personally, but it'd be cool to meet everyone that I read/talk to everyday.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
Chicago Storm
post Sep 18 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 13,697

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have? Meteorology.

2.When your at home, what do you do to get comfortable and cozy? Sit in my rocking chair.

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like? I don't know, but I like penguins.

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss? Emily.

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite? Both dogs, Cocoa and Sandy.

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad? Both.

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ? Yes.

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? I have flown several times since then.

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? Yes.

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? No, but Twalker1212 may become one someday.

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending? Sure.

This post has been edited by Chicago Storm: Sep 18 2009, 12:37 PM

+Quote Post
jgeddings
post Sep 18 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 18,699

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have? I would be rich and not have to work. I would just travel.

2.When your at home, what do you do to get comfortable and cozy? put on my robe

3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like? a *bleep* or at least thats what my wife calls me

4.What was the persons first name and where were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend first kiss? Kristy, at my aunt Brenda's house i think

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite? Clancy. That dog was smart. He thought he was a person

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad? My Dad

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ? you have no idea

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? I have flown, if you are intimidated, they have won

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? a little bit

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? don't know anyone personally but there are a few i would be willing to hang out with

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending? I would depending on when and where

--------------------
breathe in, breathe out, move on

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Sep 18 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #12

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

1. If you could acheive your goals or dreams in life. What career job would you choose to have? The career I always wanted is what I am doing now.

Sit on my rump lol

Hmmm, I am not sure.

Jen, at an old job

My dog Max, cause he is my Buddy, I got him when he was a puppy in 1998.

when my Dad was still alive I was really close to him.
No, not really, unless you consider going in burning buildings crazy.

I have never flown anywhere in my life, we always went by car, nothing that 9/11 keep us away from, just driving is what we like to do, and the terrorists do not intimidate me, nothing really does.

Ummm, pretty much, since I am on everyday.

Yes I would, and there are so many, to name a few in no order, AtownWxWatcher, WhitePlainsNyBlizzard, hockeyplayer8, Ohweather2, Missmarisa, Bubbles, Phyre, Weatherfan100, LoganTyler, GeorgiaGirl, ok everyone, I like everyone. wink.gif

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending? maybe, I am a busy person.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Sep 18 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 14,471

QUOTE(jgeddings @ Sep 18 2009, 05:33 PM) *
3. If you had to describe your personality as being like an animal any where in the world, which animal would you be like? a *bleep* or at least thats what my wife calls me

So your wife thinks you're a donkey? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
jgeddings
post Sep 18 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 18,699

QUOTE(robofishvselvis @ Sep 18 2009, 06:36 PM) *
So your wife thinks you're a donkey? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pretty Much

--------------------
breathe in, breathe out, move on

+Quote Post
kab2791
post Sep 18 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 16,278

I'm a meteorology major, I love meteorology, so I'll say meteorologist.

I curl up on the couch with my pillow and hoodie and watch a movie.

A whale because they're smart mammals.

I was always too shy to ask a girl out. unsure.gif

My dog Abby, because she is so playful, friendly, and always greets me when I come home.

Mom

Nope.

I have never flown, so no difference.

Only during major weather events, but I don't always need to come here during the boring stretches of weather.

I'd like to think you're all my friends, but I don't know anyone well enough to be considered a best friend. smile.gif

YES!

--------------------
University of Detroit Mercy Math Minor 2009-2011
Central Michigan University Meteorology Major, GIS Minor

DTW Stats:
2011 Number of 90F+ days: 19
Max Temp: 100F (7/21)

+Quote Post
Not Firewalled
post Sep 18 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 18,678

I would be an astronomer/Wonder Woman/knitter.

Put on my PJ's, take my pony tail down, and lay down on my honey's lap.

Cat- I'm lazy and can be mean.

I don't even remember. Can you say memorable? laugh.gif

I have lots of favorites. Keep in mind I grew up on a ranch, so I can't pick just 1!
My first horse Bucky- I learned how to ride on her when I was 2.
Our dog Blue taught me how to walk and was my babysitter.
Terry was my first lamb. She was ornery but sweet.
Quinny the meteorite-sniffing winder dog cracks me up with her weirdo-ness.
Sergei my old kitty was so cool. He played hockey with a shoe box and ball of tin foil.
Roy was my rodeo horse. He was also my aunt's. I swear I didn't have to do anything for any of the events but hold on. He knew every pattern to run without my help!
My current kitty, Senorita Azuzu Pantalones, AKA Azuzu Pants, is my furry daughter. She is the cutest kitteh in the world, if I do say so. She loves me the most. Unless my honey and son have treats. Then she loves them. Just until the treats are gone. I take that back- she loves my friend more than anyone when he is around because he's allergic to her. Hopefully she will have a fur sibling next month.

I am close with both my parents. Growing up, I was closer to my mom. I didn't meet my dad until I was 22.

Maybe. tongue.gif

I've flown domestically and internationally. I'm not intimidated. Let the TSA keep my shampoo and nail clippers. I travel with circular knitting needles that can be used as a garrot to strangle someone or stab them, yarn to tie them up, an epi-pen that will kill someone if injected in the neck, hand santizer in the eye will hurt long enough for me to find another weapon in my purse. My purse can be used as a weapon- that thing weighs a good 10 lbs! I have put a lot of thought about what can and cannot be used as a weapon in my purse.

Only while I'm at work. Post more while I am working, people!

Yep

Yes, but I can't be around shellfish. Keep that in mind!

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Sep 19 2009, 02:56 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 18,192

Something with kids, Kids seem to love me and i dont even try. But im working Im going to be a horse trainer.

Just chill with my man and smoke a cig, or go cruising with the homies.

I dont know, somthing with a bad temper like a rattlesnake id say

his name was ian, like at my locker in 6th grade.

my horse always will be he has been my best friend for 15 years, I haVe a tattoo of him across my whole back, I love him more than anyone.

My stepdad for sure, hes not around anymore, But always been close to my dad, but no one comes close to my Grandparents, I dont kn.ow what i would do without them

you have no idea, im the deffinition of a party animal, friday saturday mondays and thursdays you will find me playing some pong or something. like i say HELP there is bloood in my alcohol stream lol.

Thousands of times, im not really a peRson to worry about somethingl

oh ya im on here all the time at work and home lol kinda funny cause i don t know anything about weather
SuRe thats fine with me, dont care where its at either

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
Az-Beast
post Sep 19 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 18,720

singer and songwriter, frontman for a metal band, I love music

put on some shorts and laydown n watch tv

giant fat panda cuz i like to eat and chill

Xandria, at my old house on the rez

5. What was your favorite pet and why was it your favorite?my ol' dog Sully, he was the goofiest looking thing but was really loyal, took a lot of beatdowns from other dogs tho

6.Were you closer to your mom or dad? Def my ma, parents split when I was younger, didn't know my dad too well

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ? Swear too much and say the craziest things when I get to know ya

8.Since 911 have you flown and do you feel the terroist have intimadated you? Never flown in my life and they haven't put a dent in me

9.Would you say your addicted to the accuweather forums? at work, yeah

10 Would you consider anyone on this forum to be a good friend or even your best friend? SFhyph is kewl

Bonus question: If someone organized an accuweather EE reunion, would you be interested in attending? if it was super close, maybe

--------------------

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Sep 19 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 18,847

Own a small successel independant record label.

pajamas, and a shower

spider monkey (no reason just sounds funny)

u oh man uh i think her name was kendra. in 7th grade i think

A tie between two dogs ,y rotty Jet and my border collie/chow mix Belle. best pets i ever had.

I'm close with both parents but my dad.

7.Is there a wild/crazy side of you that we don't see on EE ? The sstoriesi could tell... I've mellowed out quite a bit from my late teens early 20s though.

I've only flown once and that was in the 90s. the though of flying now doesn't bother me though.

not yet.

Nope, but not beause i hate you guys. I just don't know you

sure if it was within a relatively close driving distance. I did it for my warcraft guild once. It was a blast

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Sep 19 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 18,048

Librarian

Take off shoes put on jimjams

Um capybara

Well my first kiss was not with a boyfriend. I think his name was RJ, it was at the Lawton mall movie theatre and his breath smelled like broccoli

My cats are my favorites bc they are cute and both named after WoW

Mommy

No

No

Yes sir

Um Not Firewalled is a good pal

Maybe, sounds fun

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:30 AM