Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Accuweather Happiness Generator, Nothing but smiles here!
cavalier
post Oct 7 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 18,847

Ok , my first attempt at a game. Lets see how successful this is.

After reading the thread on EE where everyone was in a bad mood, and having a bad day, I though it would be a cool idea to have a thread they could come to to maybe brighten their day a little bit.

So thats the theme of this thread. Uplifting stories from the news or elsewhere, motivational quotes or sayings, funny pictures, jokes or anything you think might bring a smile to someones face are welcome in this thread. I will throw in some examples to get it started so everyone can see what I mean.

Attached File  pyzamawesome.jpg ( 57.31K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Oct 7 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,192

wub.gif AWWWWWWW Im awesome, UR AWESOME Too!

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Oct 7 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #3

The Man who died 31 times

An electrician suffers a heart attack and is rushed to a hospital. On his way there, his heart arrests and paramedics revive him with a defibrillator. This happened almost every minute of the trip to the hospital and after he arrived, being revived 31 times.

"According to ambulance figures, fewer than one in four patients are successfully revived after suffering a heart attack."

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Oct 7 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #4

Who said heroes don't exist anymore...

A 14-year-old who was sucked to the bottom of a hotel hot tub and kept under water for at least seven minutes was likely saved by air his father breathed into his mouth during the ordeal.

Aljuwon Pipkin, who was visiting Walt Disney World from New Jersey, became stuck at the bottom of the hot tub last Thursday at the Radisson Parkway Hotel.

Officials said a grate at the bottom of the tub apparently broke and created a strong suction that pulled the teen underwater.

Pipkin's father was at the pool and noticed his son stuck at the bottom of the hot tub.

"I get chills now even speaking about it," father Sharif Pipkin said. "I was truly a traumatic moment. I figured he was at the bottom and they just couldn't pull him up and then he didn't come up. And, I pulled again and he didn't come up. I began to holler for help from people."

As people jumped in to pull the teen from the bottom of the tub, Pipkin's father jumped in and began to breathe air into his son's mouth, the report said.

"(Aljuwon Pipkin) doesn't remember the frantic help from hotel guests and doesn't remember his father breathing into his mouth underwater," Local 6 reporter Jessica Sanchez said.

Pipkin was transported to Florida Hospital South in critical condition and initial scans of his brain were abnormal. Doctors feared he suffered brain damage.

However, seven days after the near drowning, Pipkin was given the OK to leave the hospital. He was diagnosed as being healthy with no permanent damage from the incident.

"The fact that he woke up at all is being considered a miracle," Sanchez said.

"I just remember going down to the pool and then waking up in the hospital," Pipkin said. "I can appreciate life more," Aljuwon Pipkin said. "It makes you want to work harder for things."

Pipkin's family said they do not blame the Radisson Hotel and said they believe what happened was an accident, the report said.

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Oct 7 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Attached File  watermelon4tsqa3.jpg ( 23.5K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Oct 7 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #6

wow, no kiddin 31 one time that insane!

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Oct 7 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(cavalier @ Oct 7 2009, 08:36 PM) *

that is by far the coolest picture EVER!

--------------------

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Oct 7 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #8

and last one for now, lets see what other people got!

Text Messages Melt Thief's Heart

A thief has returned a mobile phone and thousands of yuan he stole from a woman after receiving 21 emotional text messages from her, a local newspaper reported.

Pan Aiying, a Chinese teacher at Wutou Middle School in Qihe County, in east China's Shandong Province, did not think her text-message campaign would move the thief to return her belongings.

A young man riding a motorcycle had snatched her bag, which contained her mobile phone, bank cards and 4,900 yuan ($628), as she was riding her bicycle home on Friday morning, according to Qilu Evening News.

Pan said she initially considered calling the police, but then decided to try to persuade the young man to return her bag.

Pan called her lost phone with her colleague's cell phone, but was disconnected. So she began sending text messages.

"Hey, buddy. I'm Pan Aiying, a teacher from Wutou Middle School. You must be going through a difficult time. If so, I will not blame you," wrote Pan in her first text message, which didn't get a response.

"Keep the 4,900 yuan if you really need it, but please return the other things to me. You are still young. To err is human. Correcting your mistake is more important than anything," Pan wrote in another message.

She gave up hope after sending 21 text messages without a reply and planned to call the police the next morning.

However, as she left her home on Sunday morning, Pan stumbled over a package that had been left in her courtyard. It was her stolen bag. Nothing had been taken from it.

"Dear Pan: I'm sorry. I made a mistake. Please forgive me. You are so tolerant even though I stole from you. I'll correct my ways and be an upright person," said a letter that had been left with the bag.

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Oct 7 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #9

wow thats awesome, wow cav these are some uplifting stories POST MORE PLEASE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Oct 8 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 15,013

QUOTE(cavalier @ Oct 7 2009, 09:29 PM) *
The Man who died 31 times

An electrician suffers a heart attack and is rushed to a hospital. On his way there, his heart arrests and paramedics revive him with a defibrillator. This happened almost every minute of the trip to the hospital and after he arrived, being revived 31 times.

"According to ambulance figures, fewer than one in four patients are successfully revived after suffering a heart attack."

wow! Amazing. The man obviously still has a purpose on this earth!

QUOTE(cavalier @ Oct 7 2009, 09:36 PM) *

ha ha! Cute!

QUOTE(cavalier @ Oct 7 2009, 09:37 PM) *
and last one for now, lets see what other people got!

Text Messages Melt Thief's Heart

A thief has returned a mobile phone and thousands of yuan he stole from a woman after receiving 21 emotional text messages from her, a local newspaper reported.

Pan Aiying, a Chinese teacher at Wutou Middle School in Qihe County, in east China's Shandong Province, did not think her text-message campaign would move the thief to return her belongings.

A young man riding a motorcycle had snatched her bag, which contained her mobile phone, bank cards and 4,900 yuan ($628), as she was riding her bicycle home on Friday morning, according to Qilu Evening News.

Pan said she initially considered calling the police, but then decided to try to persuade the young man to return her bag.

Pan called her lost phone with her colleague's cell phone, but was disconnected. So she began sending text messages.

"Hey, buddy. I'm Pan Aiying, a teacher from Wutou Middle School. You must be going through a difficult time. If so, I will not blame you," wrote Pan in her first text message, which didn't get a response.

"Keep the 4,900 yuan if you really need it, but please return the other things to me. You are still young. To err is human. Correcting your mistake is more important than anything," Pan wrote in another message.

She gave up hope after sending 21 text messages without a reply and planned to call the police the next morning.

However, as she left her home on Sunday morning, Pan stumbled over a package that had been left in her courtyard. It was her stolen bag. Nothing had been taken from it.

"Dear Pan: I'm sorry. I made a mistake. Please forgive me. You are so tolerant even though I stole from you. I'll correct my ways and be an upright person," said a letter that had been left with the bag.

Pan seems like an amazing woman. Beautiful Story!

Oh yeah, nice thread! I love it!

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
EJAMI
post Oct 8 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,801

QUOTE(cavalier @ Oct 8 2009, 12:36 AM) *

That's that Geico that steals dollar bills isn't it? huh.gif The little thief!!!! mad.gif tongue.gif Now he's after the watermelon! ohmy.gif
See if I buy insurance from him!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by those things that take your breath away!

+Quote Post
Maw
post Oct 8 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,971

This always make me smile - don't know why.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  cow.jpg ( 19.03K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Oct 22 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #13

Your happy thread DIED! Death is not HAPPY cav!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Nov 4 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 13,204

QUOTE(Maw @ Oct 8 2009, 10:32 AM) *

Is that a California Cow?

This post has been edited by mmi16: Nov 4 2009, 04:41 AM

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Dec 2 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #15

cav what happened to the smiles?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Dec 2 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 15,013

QUOTE(Maw @ Oct 8 2009, 08:32 AM) *

aww!! Cow's are cute, that's why! tongue.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Dec 3 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #17

Attached File  Dogs2.JPG ( 113.69K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Dec 6 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Attached File  Dogs2.JPG ( 113.69K ) Number of downloads: 1

I object. He will bite you sometimes, not out of malice, only because your fingers smell like ham! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Dec 13 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Dec 6 2009, 01:19 PM) *
I object. He will bite you sometimes, not out of malice, only because your fingers smell like ham! laugh.gif tongue.gif

That is why they inveted dry dog food!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Dec 13 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Dec 13 2009, 12:29 AM) *
That is why they inveted dry dog food!

I don't know, my cats have all the dry cat food they can stand and I still have to hide after eating cheesy popcorn. Cheesy fingers are aparently fillet mignon in the cat world. tongue.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 02:04 AM