Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Friday questions #94, Probing you because it's fun ;P
TheWatch
post Nov 13 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,836

Sorry guys, forgot about eastern standard time. Enjoy some questions and have a safe weekend!

1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them?

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it.

3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they?

4. What is the kindest thing anyone else has ever done for you?

5. Have you ever laughed so hard you could barely breathe? If so, why?

6. Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures?

7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened?

8. Have you ever been addicted to anything?

9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens?

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp?

11. Would you ever live with a boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage? Why?

12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for?

13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you?

Bonus: You’re dreaming, you realize you’re dreaming and take control of it, what do you do?

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Nov 13 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,013

Yes!!! I love it when we get 2 sets of questions!!!

1. What is some important knowledge that you've gained that you'd like to pass on to your children when/if you have them?
Always love yourself
2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was "meant to happen"? If so, tell us about it.
Nope...I don't really believe in that...
3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they?
Graduate high school, and save a life.
??
Yes, normally what my friends say make that happen.
Take!
7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened?
From everyone? No
Yes...lots of things. I've beaten several addictions...but I'm still addicted to cafeine, tabacco and chocolate.
9. There's a storm coming, and you're stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens?
It is my friend Bonnie. We find shelter and laugh and catch up.
10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you'd survive boot camp?
I would be proud to serve this great country.
Yes I would survive boot camp

I did.
If I had a do over...I wouldn't have.
12. When you're looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what's the first thing you go for?
Chocolate...or iced coffees...or things that we can't discuss on the forums
Yesterday a baby chiuahau ran into my leg. I screamed so loud that i heard it over my headphones. I thought it was a rat...

Bonus: You're dreaming, you realize you're dreaming and take control of it, what do you do?
Don't know...

This post has been edited by bubbles: Nov 13 2009, 01:45 PM

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Nov 13 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,048

1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them?
Dont let other people tell you how you feel

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it.
Nope

I've changed too much since then to keep any of those silly goals

So many things. Hard to choose one

Yes. Many times, my best friend and I make each other laugh hard all the time

Both!

Nope

Nope

9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens?
Also walking. So we walk to the nearest place which is a corner store. Unfortunately we get soaked before arrive and stand in the door way shivering.

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp?
I would cry, and I could but I'd be unhappy

Yes. I believe in try before you buy.

12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for?
Cosmo magazine

My sister

Bonus: You’re dreaming, you realize you’re dreaming and take control of it, what do you do?

wake up probably

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Nov 13 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,048

QUOTE(bubbles @ Nov 13 2009, 11:36 AM) *
Yesterday a baby chiuahau ran into my leg. I screamed so loud that i heard it over my headphones. I thought it was a rat...

Haha!!

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Nov 13 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,095

You have a nice weekend as well!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

No, can't say that I have.

I guess the only one was have a lot of fun and finish high school. I've had my fun and finished school. Now all I gotta do is finish college.

Basically if you are my friend and are in my life, I can't ask for anything more, so that is the kindest thing people have done for me.

Yes. Get all of my friends together and it will happen everytime.

I don't really like to be in pictures because it means I'm doing something stupid and I don't want that documented, so I'll say taking pictures.

Yes. It was a weird situation and we didn't want everyone to know to make it super akward. It ended up failing in like 6 months.

I am not addicted to anything. Cigarettes and beer are addicted to me.

The person is a cute girl. I transform into her knight in shining armor and I carry her to safety. She is thankful and we have a sweet, romantic movie kiss. Then we live happily ever after.

I would join. I know I'd survive boot camp. I'd make the sacrifices I'd need to make to do fulfill my obligation to America. I don't agree with the war, but I still support our troops.

Most definately. You gotta see how someone lives before you marry them. They could be all clean when you come over, but if you live with them you know exactly how they act.

Probably an adult beverage on a work night.

Girls.

I make it the most awesomest dream ever. I would do everything you could think of.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
RndmDude
post Nov 13 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 19,334

Great questions Watch!

Never trust a sushi buffet restaurant

uh....I'm tryin to think.....um...No, not that I can think of.

I wanted to be awesome....I think I've accomplished that. tongue.gif

My High School Sunday School teach gave me his guitar. He had been trying to learn but gave up on it and he had heard that I was starting to learn so he gave me his Alverez. He's the coolest dude ever.

My younger brother Samuel is probably the funniest dude I know. He has gotten me to laugh so hard that I couldn't breathe on many occasions. I and many others keep telling him he needs to get into stand up comedy.

Take

No. I can't think of one.

I was addicted to cigarettes for 6 years. It was hard as heck to quit.

they are...ThatGuyInBlack and he's making his way over to a large cave. I ask him if I can join him and he responds "Follow me". We enter the cave, "This is mighty fine shelter!" I respond gleefully trying to brighten up a dreary atmosphere. "Wait here" says ThatGuy as he walks further towards the back of the cave disappearing into the darkness. I stand waiting and nervously panning the room with my eyes, "ThatGuy sure is acting peculiar" I think to myself. Then suddenly A bright light kicks on from the back of the cave, a mirror ball lowers from the ceiling, rats and bugs clear away to reveal a disco floor, and then John Travolta walks in wearing his disco suit from the movie Saturday Night Fever. "What is all this?" I call out to ThatGuy. Just then Stayin Alive by the Beegees starts blaring over the speakers and we all dance the night away.

I don't know what I would do. If I went to war I would most likely die because if real war is anything like Halo on the X-Box then..well...I'm a goner. Everyone always woops my rump in Halo.

NO. I don't trust myself enough to know that I wouldn't...well...you know...give into certain temptations

My ABBA albums

I have this metal frame office chair in my room. I usually keep it up against the wall but one day I, for some reason, had it pulled out into the middle of the room. It was only a few feet from my bed. Anyways, I went to sleep that night and it was one of those nights were I woke up randomly at like 3:00 AM. I looked over and, well, in the dark my chair looked like some strange person crouched down in the middle of my room. My heart started racing I was SO freaked out and my first instinct was to kick it FULL STRENGTH. My shin made direct contact with the metal framing and...OUCH! THAT'S MY CHAIR! I'M AN IDIOT!!!!!

Start trying to fly

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensuing Havoc and Mayhem for over 27 years.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
kab2791
post Nov 13 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,278

Have a good Weekend Watch!
Good Questions!

Don't slack off early in high school because you may fall behind, don't allow your relationships with your parents fall apart, and speak up to make friends and not hide in a shell

Not sure

Graduate High school with honors, get accepted into a nice univeristy with a scholarship

Yes, it was during class a few years ago. Someone accidentally chucked a pen in the air that nearly hit the teacher, that the whole class including the teacher could not control their laughter.

Take

No

Caffeine and life

An old friend I have't seen in years. We have a good laugh and become friends again.

Move to Canda which is about 10 miles away I'd eventually survive boot camp but gosh...

Not sure.

An ice cold coke and a piece of hersheys with almonds.

Today I was at the Detroit Institute of Art. I went into the American art section. I ventured into 3 or 4 rooms connected by hallways. I led my way into a room that was suppoded to mimic a bedroom from late 19th century America. I saw a painting on the wall of a man. I was all alone, so paranoia and a moment of fear had me nearly sprinting back to the main Hallway of the art museum.

I take a flight to Colorado. I meet up with my fellow Accuweather friends and we go skiing. SFHype doesn't want to go so I have to call Harum Scarum to help me force SFHype into the Car. Not Firewalled is ready waiting for us in her Mercedes. We drag SFHype to the car and threaten to squeeze egg cartons in her face. She screams and agrees to listen to our orders. As we make our way up the mountain we see Jericko on the side of the road. His car stalled, so we give him a ride. He also wanted to go sking. Meanwhile SFHype shakes in the backseat as her eyes are drawn to the styropoam egg carton. She's fed up with the torture. She grabs the eggs and throws one at the front windshield. Not firedwalled slams on the brakes. Thankfully we didn't get into a serious accident. SFHype is forced by Jerico to hold the egg carton box as punishment. The sound freaks her out and promises to be good now. Harum Scarum finds 1000000 dollars on the side of the road. Yeah! Apperantly Donald Trump was sking here last wekend and some money fell out his coat pocket. Not Firedwalled treats us to the fanciest lodge restaurant in a bustling mountain city. Harum Scarum is tired of the snow, so we go to Denver International Airport, take a flight to Barbados and stay at the most lurious hotel on the island. We thank SFHype for throwing the egg at the window because without stopping, we would had never found the million dollars. As a reward, I surprise SFHype with a free trip to the Eggland's Best Factory. SFhype wakes up immediatelly. She screams, "what a nightmare! But then She feels something in her bed. She looks at her hands and see yellow slime. She reallizes she's sleeping in a pile of eggs and egg cartons. Ahhhhhhh, she screams. Suddenly SFhype wakes up again. "Oh it was a dream with in a dream, whew," she says. Then I wake up. I say that it was a dream within a dream within a dream." However, I hear the doorbell ring. I step on my front porch and WHAM, I am smacked with an egg. SFhype, while running away exclaims, "Don't mess with my most irrational fear, Not even in a Dream!"

Sorry SFHype, your fear of egg cartons is too weird to pass up!
tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kab2791: Nov 13 2009, 08:17 PM

--------------------
University of Detroit Mercy Math Minor 2009-2011
Central Michigan University Meteorology Major, GIS Minor

DTW Stats:
2011 Number of 90F+ days: 19
Max Temp: 100F (7/21)

+Quote Post
mmm...bacon...
post Nov 13 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,553

1. What is some important knowledge that you've gained that you'd like to pass on to your children when/if you have them?

Always check out your food before you leave the drive-through.

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was "meant to happen"? If so, tell us about it.

Yes. I was living in an arid area with my uncle and aunt. My uncle purchased two droids to help out on our evaporators. One of those droids ran away on a "mission" so I had to go after it. While I was out I met up with our wacky old neighbor who told me all kinds of crazy things. When I went home my uncle and aunt were dead, so I decided to travel the galaxy with the old dude for a while. So far its working out alright, I think I met my sister...

Yes, talk to girls... accomplished at 13...

Jesus died for me.

Yes, if you knew my brothers you would understand. It is beyond trying to explain here.

I'm a model, you know what I mean... I do my little turn on the catwalk...

No... so nothing happened.

Of course, have you never had PIZZA!

9. There's a storm coming, and you're stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens?

...they are exiting a port-a-jon. I consider sheltering in there til the worst is past. Then after a mili-second long inspection of the facilities decide nothing the storm could produce would be more deadly than the contents of that jon, nor fear of the storm be worse than the psychological damage already accomplished by opening the door...

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you'd survive boot camp?

I suppose I'd be in the military then wouldn't I. I'd do my best to survive all of it(probably barf at boot camp after running so much).

No, I didn't. Figured once I got married I'd have the whole rest of my life to live with a woman, live the bachelor life while I could!

12. When you're looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what's the first thing you go for?

Why sneak? Either do or don't. I guess I would have much pleasure in something that I also would feel guilty about.

See #9

Bonus: You're dreaming, you realize you're dreaming and take control of it, what do you do?

Worry that I'll start to fall in my dream. You know what happens if you fall and crash in a dream right? Not that anyone has ever lived to confirm it...

+Quote Post
chschargers09
post Nov 13 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 17,612

Dont EVER live your life the way someone else wants you to, be your own person and do wat you want.

i feel like me not being able to get a job till i was 18, it helped me focus on school.
meteorologist, and not yet. workin on it.
Parents gave me a car. biggrin.gif
yep, many times, cant count.
be in pics
nope
monster/caffeine/chew
Chicago Storm, he updates me on the storm, and then we go our separate ways.

yes, im tough enough, but i would rather not go.
fdepends on the situation
hmm
The woods at rotary park are haunted, so me and my friens go in one day, and i keep hearing a jingling following us, so we start running and it wont go away! turns out it was the change in my pocket rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

RULE THE WORLD biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RndmDude
post Nov 13 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 19,334

QUOTE(mmm...bacon... @ Nov 13 2009, 09:58 PM) *

Yes. I was living in an arid area with my uncle and aunt. My uncle purchased two droids to help out on our evaporators. One of those droids ran away on a "mission" so I had to go after it. While I was out I met up with our wacky old neighbor who told me all kinds of crazy things. When I went home my uncle and aunt were dead, so I decided to travel the galaxy with the old dude for a while. So far its working out alright, I think I met my sister...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Awesome dude!

Good answer to #4 also. Welcome to the Forums!

--------------------
Ensuing Havoc and Mayhem for over 27 years.

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Nov 14 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,542

Been there done this:
a. Jesus is Lord. He came to earth to die for your sins. He is the way the truth and the light. The only way to the Father is through Jesus.
b. Never hit your mother or i will plant you in the wall.
c. Never loan money to your family; Either give it to them as a gift or just say no.
d. Be thankful for what you have, others have worked very hard for you to have the life you have and do not take it for granted.
e. Take pride in your culture, family and your community those three things are the foundations of who you are.
f. No one in this life will ever love you like your family. Friends will come and go but your family will always be there and they truly do love you.
g. Life is too short to share it with those who treat you badly.

a. I think i should have gone into the military. I was all signed up but my parents would not sign the forms and in the end it never happened. Ah well, *shrug* i have a good life.

a. In sixth grade i could lift more than i weigh over my head.

a. She married me did'nt she? cool.gif

a. Friends and pets. I have had some real good ones...and life is best when you laughing.

a. Be in them. I'm the "daddy", that means i am always taking them and rarely in them. It's just part of being the "daddy". sad.gif

a. My brother ratted me/us out. mad.gif

a. No, i find addiction facinating because i cant see/understand how it happens. I mean HOW can someone be addicted to something that is "bad" for them and be in a state where they "just cant quit". That whole phenomena just boggles my brain.

a. A family who needs some help. I help them with thier car and they take me home till the weather clears then later on help me on my way. Months later i send them a big ol check with a thank you note.

a. I would be in hog heaven. That is something i would enjoy more than i can put into words. I was "meant' to be a soldier.

a. *sigh* Yea i would/did. I am not proud of it but there it is. It's not right but i was a different person back then.
a. The throttle; whether it is on the V-twin or in one of my hot rods. Few things make me smile as much as speed.

a. When i was a young teen ager i had a DnD figurine of Asmodeous; the devil. That thing was so evil looking that it just being in my closet in a box weirded me out so much i could not sleep.

a. BAM, punch him in the face! mad.gif Stupid werewolves.

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Nov 14 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(raughammer @ Nov 13 2009, 09:49 PM) *
a. No, i find addiction facinating because i cant see/understand how it happens. I mean HOW can someone be addicted to something that is "bad" for them and be in a state where they "just cant quit". That whole phenomena just boggles my brain.

You basically get a false positive physically. In reality the thing is bad but the side effects feel so good (at first) that your body is tricking you into thinking it's good. Then because the body is adaptable, it gets used to whatever it is and when you try to stop the reaction of your body feels worse (at first) than sticking with whatever it is. I like to call it "Krispy Kreme Syndrome" You know they're bad but they taste sooo good. laugh.gif

QUOTE(raughammer @ Nov 13 2009, 09:49 PM) *
a. BAM, punch him in the face! mad.gif Stupid werewolves.

laugh.gif That made me LoL for real. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Nov 14 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 18,847

save money, and save early

nope

i don't even remember being 12, much less having goals.

my parents heklped me out of quite a few jams when i was younger, even when i thought i didn't deserve their help

I used to have a few friends that worked night audit at a hotel. their job comprised of about 3 hours of work in a 10 hour shift so we would go there and hang out in the lobby, play cards and board games all night. Some of those late night conversations were so off the wall and rediculous, even now when i think o f them i have to try not to burst out laughing.

In the same boat as Raugh on this one. there are very little pictures of me around

yes i have, and it did not last long.

caffiene and smokes. I've smoked off and on since i was 14.

I would serve my country proudly. I would survive bootcamp.

yeah, i do not think its a nessecity but i would do it.

i have no guilty pleasures

not so much scary as makes me extremely uncomfortable, but when people rub there feet on carpet. gives me the willies.

Try to mold the dream into a happy ending for me.

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Nov 14 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 14,395

RmdnDude 7:02 pm

I wanted to be awesome....I think I've accomplished that. tongue.gif

You wanted to turn into Ironwood and did?!? blink.gif

This post has been edited by wxdude1964: Nov 14 2009, 01:37 PM

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Nov 14 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #15

a.)Whenever you want to do something possibly life altering, stop, sleep on it. Make sure you are considering all the consequences of this. Be compassionate enough to not hurt anyone by your actions but if you're still passionate about whatever it is after consideration, don't let the opinions of others be a reason why you hesitate.
b.)You really can to almost anything if you're willing to do what it takes to get there.
c.)Fear is a good consultant but a lousy leader, don't let it make your decisions but don't ignore it's presence.
d.)Lastly, it's your life, in the end just make sure you love the life you live and can live with everything you've done.

A lot of the time yes, but I have no distinct idea of what it is. It's like when you hear a joke everyone else is laughing at but you just don't get the punch line. Mostly I feel as if there is something I should be doing. Certain people I've met give me the feeling that something out of my control has arranged it to be so. Who knows if this is true. *shrug*

I wanted to live in a house full of cats and briefly I lived with my best friend and his family had 12 cats at one point. I also wanted to publish something, I published some poems, nothing big but I count it. Oh and I wanted the guts to sing the Star Spangled Banner in front of a crowd and I did that at a 4th of July event in town. Pretty much everything else is completely different than what I thought it would be. laugh.gif

My Parents really invested a lot of effort to make me a thinking individual with a decent education. I am so grateful for the work they put in. I am also recognizing my Mother for showing me how to be kind to others by example. I also had a friend in my past that took care of me, while I'm not always grateful for my life he saved, I'm grateful he wanted to.

Yeah, being up late with a certain guy I know, we can get ridiculously silly about things. Like singing the Llama song... laugh.gif

Take them, although since I made it a habit to dodge pictures pretty much my whole life in recent years I kind of regretted never being recorded at any events. So I went on a picture of me spree for awhile. Now I can't deny I exist tongue.gif

Yes, more than one actually. Because I knew my family and/or friends didn't like them. In the end none of them lasted, because one gets tired of playing secret squirrel. Although the close calls of being almost found out can get hilarious.

Yes. I still am addicted to coffee I think, I go through withdrawals at times.

It's a friendly sheep dog! I get to pet him and wonder where he came from because we're out in the middle of nowhere. I see someone's barn near the road out in the distance and we head there to wait out the worst of the storm. Animals make good company and a storm makes good atmosphere for a nap. As the weather lets up the dogs owner finds us in the barn and kindly doesn’t make a fuss about my borrowing the space to keep out of the rain. He mentions there’s trouble in town which perks my interest and there begins an interesting adventure to be continued in future volumes. tongue.gif

First I’d file as a conscientious objector, I do not hold a grudge against the government or soldiers in particular, I just do not want to be forced to commit acts of violence against others that I may have no choice in. If I was sent into the ranks anyway I’d try to secure a non-combatant position like a medic. The toil, lack of sleep and anything skill based I could handle but I honestly don’t know how I’d do with the physical training of boot camp. They might throw me out, I get sick easily and it might get expensive.

I have and if I had it to do over again I might not have. I’m not sure if it really improves the relationship much, just makes it easier to get “cozy”. On the other hand though, you do get an insight into what living with your partner is like.

Fancy drinks like lattes, ice cream sodas or milk tea with boba. Or custard or indulging in my need for attention. It all depends on what type of pleasure I’m looking for.

To explain, when I’m really sleep deprived I often see shadows in my peripheral vision. One night, I noticed something off to my side standing in the middle of the living room. I instantly wrote it off as those little shadows and turned my head to really look at it. At the same moment it hit me that it was stacked boxes and it hit me that the thing I was seeing wasn’t going away when I looked at it full on. It’s like it took a minute for my brain to catch up with its own thought process because I let out the most girly, horrified shriek that something was in my living room that I didn’t expect there, but I knew it was boxes. I don’t know if it makes sense but I felt so dumb for making a fuss about it.

Try to dream out my perfect vacation, which the effort would probably cause me to wake myself up.

--------------------

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
Chicago Storm
post Nov 14 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,697

1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them? I can't think of any, but there probably is some.

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? I don't know.

3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they? No.

4. What is the kindest thing anyone else has ever done for you? When someone buys me something...I guess.

5. Have you ever laughed so hard you could barely breathe? If so, why? I have laughed hard, but no that hard.

6. Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Both.

7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened? Possibly, but eventually everyone found out.

8. Have you ever been addicted to anything? No.

9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens? My old g/f...to be continued.

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp? I would leave the country.

11. Would you ever live with a boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage? Why? Yes.

12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for? There is really not any guilty pleasures, you do what you want. If people know, so what.

13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you? Can't remember.

Bonus: You’re dreaming, you realize you’re dreaming and take control of it, what do you do? Depends on what the dream is about.

+Quote Post
Vox Poe
post Mar 28 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 22,409

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Nov 13 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Sorry guys, forgot about eastern standard time. Enjoy some questions and have a safe weekend!
1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them? [/color]Icolor="#FF00FF"]
I have a 4 month old. I want her to know that God loves her and that she should love every1 no matter what color ,religion, sexual pref, ect ect. everyone.

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it. yes several but 2 inparticular. I was severly burned 2nd an 3rd degree from the waist up when I was seven, was supposed to die and hated my life till I was in my 20s, Now if I could go back in time and stop myself from being burned I wouldnt I am gratefull for it. It made me who I am. the 2nd was I in 2006 was arrested and went to jail for a week , but was innocent of what I was accused of and they figgured it out. and I was able to befriend some folks while I was there and it opened my eyes to haow the poor are treated by the justice system.

Yes I have traveled the globe.put out 3 cds.found treasure. one of my goals that I didnt accomplish was to have a cup of coffee with J Cash. oh got to run sound for Levon Helm but that wasnt one of my 12 year old goals
so many things. but again when I was burned I had to ride in an ambulance for about 250 miles the driver was a poor man and he and the medic would stop and buy me drinks with their own money to keep me alive
yes because it was funny.lol
Take
7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened? no

nicoten,winning
9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens? needing to get their truck out of the ditch. we do and then have supper at their house

I served in the U.S. Navy. yes
My wife and I did. to long an answear to say why wait I can summorize . because I love her
Im stumpped
13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you? Bigfoot
Visit mom

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Mar 28 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 22,154

biggrin.gif Sorry guys, forgot about eastern standard time. Enjoy some questions and have a safe weekend!

1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them? Family history that I've learned from Ancestry.com

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it. I think this sis similar enough to count. My grandmother on my father's side prayed constantly. She was continuously interceeding for various family members, especially her son and grandchildren. During my life I have had several close calls with death, mostly car accidents that were narrowly missed but potentially could have been lethal. I believe that it was my grandma praying from heaven that caused me to be spared.

3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they? None

4. What is the kindest thing anyone else has ever done for you? My grandmother's constant praying for me.

5. Have you ever laughed so hard you could barely breathe? If so, why? I've had a few friends that could make me laugh that way just because they were naturally funny. A few movies have been that funny to me, the lasty one: Deuce Bigelo, Male Gigolo

6. Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Take pictures

7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened? I broke it off after 10 years when the opportunity presented itself. He moved away and I didn't want a long distance relationship.

8. Have you ever been addicted to anything? Yes, food

9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens? If I know them and they're in a car, I'll beg for a ride. Otherwise, no matter how wet I am, I won't ride with them.

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp? Bawl my eyes out until they realize they don't want this basket case around. Never would I pass boot camp.

11. Would you ever live with a boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage? Why? Have and did. Before I got married, my soon to be husband and I lived together approximately 1 and 1/2 years for convenience sake, to save money, and because he wasn't yet divorced from his 1st wife.

12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for? Ice cream

13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you? When I moved into my new apartment, I had a slidding glass door in the rear. The first 2 nights I kept hearing bunps and scrapes and was sure someone was trying to break in. Turned out that the door was right next to the neighbors bedroom wall. They're bed sits right up against this wall and you can imagine the rest of the story. wink.gif

Depends on the nature of the dream. If it's a scary one, I'll try to force myself awake. If it involves me receiving a lot of money I'll try to stay in the dream as long as I can.

--------------------

--Albert Einstein--

bubbles

View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Nov 13 2009, 02:36 PM

--------------------

When twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star,
Remember that you have a friend though she may wander far.

~L.M. Montgomery

+Quote Post
edgar.is.bored.a...
post Mar 28 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 19,041

Do all you can do and *always say yes

*with the exception of drugs and such of course

I guess but its unimportant now

Kiss a girl

Hmmmm I cant think of one right now blink.gif

Every day, i love cracking jokes and laughing

Be in pictures

Yea, it was bad. Im glad i've moved on biggrin.gif

Still addicted to them, cars.

Lost also, we become friends and sit under the shelter at the gas pumps till the storm passes

Cant get drafted tongue.gif I am a only child

Yea, why not

Huh?

My shadow

Live the dream

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Mar 28 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Vox Poe @ Mar 28 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Visit mom

Wow... to your whole post Vox! ohmy.gif You've been through a lot!

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Mar 28 2010, 12:53 PM) *
biggrin.gif Sorry guys, forgot about eastern standard time. Enjoy some questions and have a safe weekend!
1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them? Family history that I've learned from Ancestry.com

2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it. I think this sis similar enough to count. My grandmother on my father's side prayed constantly. She was continuously interceeding for various family members, especially her son and grandchildren. During my life I have had several close calls with death, mostly car accidents that were narrowly missed but potentially could have been lethal. I believe that it was my grandma praying from heaven that caused me to be spared.

3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they? None

4. What is the kindest thing anyone else has ever done for you? My grandmother's constant praying for me.

5. Have you ever laughed so hard you could barely breathe? If so, why? I've had a few friends that could make me laugh that way just because they were naturally funny. A few movies have been that funny to me, the lasty one: Deuce Bigelo, Male Gigolo

6. Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Take pictures

7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened? I broke it off after 10 years when the opportunity presented itself. He moved away and I didn't want a long distance relationship.

8. Have you ever been addicted to anything? Yes, food

9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens? If I know them and they're in a car, I'll beg for a ride. Otherwise, no matter how wet I am, I won't ride with them.

10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp? Bawl my eyes out until they realize they don't want this basket case around. Never would I pass boot camp.

11. Would you ever live with a boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage? Why? Have and did. Before I got married, my soon to be husband and I lived together approximately 1 and 1/2 years for convenience sake, to save money, and because he wasn't yet divorced from his 1st wife.

12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for? Ice cream

13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you? When I moved into my new apartment, I had a slidding glass door in the rear. The first 2 nights I kept hearing bunps and scrapes and was sure someone was trying to break in. Turned out that the door was right next to the neighbors bedroom wall. They're bed sits right up against this wall and you can imagine the rest of the story. wink.gif
Depends on the nature of the dream. If it's a scary one, I'll try to force myself awake. If it involves me receiving a lot of money I'll try to stay in the dream as long as I can.
--------------------

biggrin.gif Thanks for looking this up, you guys have some interesting answers!

--------------------

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:58 AM