Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cincinnati,Dayton area weather discussion, April 17th Weather
madmaxweather
post Feb 18 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #21

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,246

The weather has calmed down across the area. The Saturday event looks very mediocre with maybe a snow shower or flurry with little or any accumulation. The eyes then turn to Sunday night-Monday. We have model mayhem right now and models are no where near a solution. For you snow haters there is a glimmer of hope this could be a "Break Storm" where we see mainly a rain event. Right now I am not sold on that solution given the current weather pattern. We will see if we can see some kind of consistency and agreement among weather models within the next 24 hours till then I am throwing a rain/snow mix for our area Sunday night- Monday with colder weather following. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

Snowfall: Predicted 29/14 inches
Overall Temperature for winter- +2.0

Follow me on Twitter:@SJUrso31
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Feb 19 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #22

I have good news tonight for those that are tired of the snow. The computer are starting to agree on a solution and that is a track to our north and west which means warmer air will work in Sunday-Monday allowing for anything that falls to be rain. Right now rainfall amounts don't seem to be heavy with around .25-.50 rain. We will see some of that rain switch to light snow Monday but right now I expect no accumulation from the changeover. Highs will be near 40 Saturday,Sunday and Monday. Colder weather will take over for the remainder of the week and weak disturbances will move through setting off periods of snow showers throughout the week. There is a small chance of a bigger system towards the end of the week but right now the storm track is well to our east.

The trends right now is that we will likely see atleast one more winter storm if not two before this winter closes for the season. I am expecting winter to be over sometime between the 8th-18th of March. A Big storm will form during that time frame which will likely be our last winter storm of the season and soon after that Spring will be in the air! Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Feb 21 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #23

The warmer weather continues across the region with highs in the low 40's being pretty common throughout the weekend. We have one more 40 degree day before colder weather comes back for the remainder of the week. We will see some rain showers on Monday and by late Monday we may see a few flakes of snow but again I don't think that will add up to much. By Wednesday were going to start to see some disturbances ride through the area bringing the chance of nuisance snows of maybe 1-2 inches between Wednesday-Thursday. We will likely see highs return close to 40 by the weekend but again those temperatures are below normal for this time of year. A colder normal pattern will continue into March and will likely last the first 10-15 days before Spring arrives during the second part of the month. The next 7 days pose no threat of a major storm system but I am seeing indications that we may see a big storm next week and we could see March come in like a lion! Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
uc_bearcats
post Feb 22 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 16,929

QUOTE(madmaxweather @ Feb 21 2010, 09:39 PM) *
The warmer weather continues across the region with highs in the low 40's being pretty common throughout the weekend. We have one more 40 degree day before colder weather comes back for the remainder of the week. We will see some rain showers on Monday and by late Monday we may see a few flakes of snow but again I don't think that will add up to much. By Wednesday were going to start to see some disturbances ride through the area bringing the chance of nuisance snows of maybe 1-2 inches between Wednesday-Thursday. We will likely see highs return close to 40 by the weekend but again those temperatures are below normal for this time of year. A colder normal pattern will continue into March and will likely last the first 10-15 days before Spring arrives during the second part of the month. The next 7 days pose no threat of a major storm system but I am seeing indications that we may see a big storm next week and we could see March come in like a lion! Thanks for reading!

I think we should begin to see a warm up between the 10th and 15th of March, i think the end of march should be sunny with highs in the 50's and 60's. Also we could see a possible big storm coming in a week or so but that could miss us to the south.
Also i do not like your avatar, xavier is complete garbage and overated laugh.gif

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Feb 23 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #25

Colder weather is back but its the kind of cold we handle and its not too unusual for late February. The colder weather will stick around for the next 7 days with highs in the mid 30's to near 40. We will have a weak weather system in the area over the next 3 days setting off periods of snow showers. The most persistent snow showers will come Wednesday night with a chance of 1-2 inches of snow across the region. Again it will be nuisance snows and nothing out of the ordinary for Ohio. Overall the weather will be calm over the next 7 days but there is system that needs to be watched this time next week and Wednesday. Other then that the weather will be very boring but I guess thats a good thing after what we went through for half of February. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Feb 25 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #26

Wintry weather is back in full gear across the region with areas of snow showers and those snow showers could become more widespread as we get into Friday afternoon/evening-Saturday afternoon. Anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow is possible right now. Next week looks below normal with highs in the 30's to near 40 and a chance of snow showers to begin the week.
No big storms are on the horizon yet but in about 7-10 days we should be talking about a bigger storm. Will that be the storm that ends winter? I hope so because I myself is ready for spring to arrive. Thanks for readin

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Feb 27 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #27

We had another round of light snow which brought our snow totals for this winter to 42.75 inches! Its still quite possible we may reach 50 if were on the correct side of the powerful storm system that is due after the 5th of March. It should happen before the 15th so somewhere between the 5th and the 15th is the time we need to watch for a big storm. I am confident after we get through the big storm we will likely see more seasonal weather if not some spring time weather by the 2nd half of the half. I think we can crack 70 before March 31st! So if your tired of cold and snow then you can look forward to that.
This week will remain cold and below average temperatures should get closer to average next weekend. I am optimistic about those high temperatures right now so we'll see what happens. The next 3-5 days will cold with a daily chance of snow showers with our best chance coming Tuesday night-Wednesday with possibly another inch or two of snow. Other then that there are no big storms on the horizon. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 1 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #28

Meteorological Spring is upon us here in the Ohio Valley! Will we see some spring time weather soon? Guess what! I may be able to deliver starting next weekend. We will see colder than normal to start to the week but by Friday we should see highs approach the mid 40's and we should crack 50 on Saturday and Sunday. Then on Monday there are signs we may take a run at 60! This will come ahead of a storm system that could bring some rain late day Monday into the early part of next week. Colder air may return behind that system. The good news is I am starting to see signs of spring time weather after we get through these first few days of the month. I hope it stays this way but as you know things can always change! Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
MelodyMarch03
post Mar 1 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 22,135

Does anyone else think that Accuweather has changed its forcast terminology? Especially on the new website. I mean in the 15 day forcast for West Chester (45069) they have March 11th listed as "Dreary" since when is that an offical weather observation or term? Seems rather subjective and dumbed down to me....

Just Sayin.... huh.gif

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 2 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #30

When will the sunshine return? I am hoping we may see a few peaks of sun on Wednesday but I am confident we will see more in the way of sunshine on Thursday-Saturday! Highs will become more seasonal with highs getting near 40 on Thursday and upper for 40's to near 50 this weekend. We have a slight chance of rain on Sunday but the best chance of rain will come later on Monday into the day on Tuesday. Colder weather does look like it will return behind that storm system. The models have trended colder for the weekend and next week so no 60's quite yet. But it's coming sometime around the 15th-20th of the month. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 4 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #31

The sunshine return as expected today! We have two more days of solid sun before clouds and rain chances increase on Sunday. Rain won't be too heavy but temperatures the next several days will remain in the mid to upper 40's with 50's possible on Tuesday. Another weak system may effect the area by midweek. The models are having a hard time handling the pattern right now so any forecast beyond Sunday is a tough call right now.

I do have some bad news. There are signs that winter will make another gasp by the middle part of the month. A few more days with highs in the upper 20's and low 30's are likely. There is a chance we may see another round of snow during that time frame. The big storm should occur during this time frame which means that by the 20th-25th of March things should start to warm up to more seasonal norms. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 6 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #32

We have had lots of sunshine the past three days and some of that sunshine should countinue into the first half of Sunday. Rain chances do increase later in the day. None of the rain will be heavy. I expect a few light rain showers through Sunday night. Monday looks dry overall but can't rule out a sprinkle with highs in the 50's. The rest of the week looks unsettled with several chances of rain. The most widespread rainfall looks to move in later on Wednesday into the day on Thursday. It will not be cold this week but it will rainy at times. Colder weather will move into the region for late week into next weekend. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 8 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #33

What a nice day! We have temperatures near 60 degrees! The nice weather will go away starting later on Tuesday. Clouds will move in and rain scattered rain is possible starting Tuesday night and again on Wednesday with highs in the upper 50's. Widespread rain will enter the region later on Wednesday into the day on Friday. More widespread is likely again on Friday afternoon through Saturday morning. Then more scattered rain is possible Saturday afternoon-Sunday. Finally the rain chances should go away late Sunday into the day on Monday. Overall temperatures won't be too bad but it will come with a price and that is rainfall. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 11 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #34

The warm weather continues across the region and there are no signs of any serious cold in the next 5-10 days. My March forecast ideas are not working out at all. Right now I give myself a big fat F for March. I did not expect any 60-70 degree weather during the first 15 days of the month.
The rain chances will be around will atleast Monday. The best chance of rain will be Friday and then we will see more in the way of scattered showers Saturday-Monday. Highs in the 50's will be pretty prevalent over the next several days. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 14 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #35

We have had lots of rain over the past two days but were going to only see scattered rain through Monday afternoon. It will be cool with highs only in the 40's. Warmer and sunnier weather is likely starting on Tuesday through the end of the week. Another storm system will head into the area later on Saturday and that will bring a change to colder weather across the region. We may see a few snow flakes next Sunday. How long does the cold last? Still up for debate. Anyway enjoy this week because highs will get back into the 60's by the middle/end of the week! Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 16 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #36

The sunshine has returned to the area and it will stick around throughout the rest of the week with no rainfall. Highs will reach the 60's on Wednesday and we will see highs well into the 60's by Thursday and Friday. Another storm system will approch the area Saturday night and that will bring the chance of thunderstorms. Behind that system we will see a shot of colder air that will keep highs in the upper 30's next Monday. We may see a few snowflakes mix in Sunday night and throughout the day on Monday. Warmer weather should return for the middle part of next week. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 18 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #37

The pleasant and mild weather continues across the region with lots of sunshine and highs in the 60's. We will see another two days of 60 degree weather before we see some changes in the forecast. Late Saturday we may see a shower but the best chance of rain will come on Monday. Expect scattered rain on Sunday. The models just 24 hours ago were indicating a strong cold front rolling through the area bring 1-2 days of colder then normal weather. They have now steered in a new direction where we will see a similar set up to what we saw earlier this week. Monday is looking like a cold,rainy and raw day. Rain may linger into Tuesday before the sun returns later on Tuesday into the day on Wednesday. Then there may be another chance of rain by Thursday. The models are all over the place right now so confidence is low in the current forecast. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 20 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #38

The weather across the region countinues to be nice with highs in the upper 60's. We will see a storm system head for the area during the day on Sunday with scattered showers possible on Sunday. More widespread rain is likely on Monday with cool temperatures and highs in the 50's. I expect a cloudy day on Tuesday before the sun returns for Wednesday into the day on Thursday. Another storm system may effect the area on Friday. Overall mild weather will persist across the region. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 23 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #39

We had a damp and cold start to the week but the weather has improved with highs today getting near 60. More of the same is expected for Wednesday. We will see another cool and rainy day on Thursday before we see more sunshine on Friday into the day on Saturday. Yet another round of rain is poised to hit the area on Sunday. Overall temperatures will be cooler then they have been the past two weeks with more in the way of 50's instead of 60's. There are signs as we head towards Easter that we may see our first 70 degree weather of the Spring season. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post
madmaxweather
post Mar 25 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #40

Rain is moving into the area and that rain will likely become moderate to heavy this evening and overnight. Temperatures will fall from the 50's to near 32 degrees by Friday morning. Yes there is a chance we may see some flakes of snow Friday morning. I cannot rule out a covering of snow Friday morning. The precipitation will taper off by late morning into the afternoon hours and we should see some sunshine by later Friday afternoon. Highs will remain in the 40's. Warmer weather is possible on Saturday with highs in the upper 50's. More rain and colder weather is possible on Sunday. That event should be an all rain event. Once we get that Sunday system out of here. We will likely see the best weather we have seen since early November. Highs should get near 60 by Tuesday and we should threaten 70 by next Thursday. Right now Easter weekend looks warm with highs in the 70's under sunny skies. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
2010/2011 Winter

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 01:15 PM