Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updates SIM Board from Archer Trading, With 2 10f capacitors
EastBayWx
post Dec 13 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,388

My VPP2 has stopped transmitting at night and now only works during solar hours, even w/ a fresh battery, therefore the most likely cause is a bad super capacitor. I plan to send in the board to Davis because its only 3 months old, pretty crappy lifespan. I also ordered an upgraded board from Archer Trading post with 2 capacitors wired in professionally and use my original board as a backup. Anyone else try this board so far, any problems? It looks like it just came out this month.

Attached Image

Davis 7345.976-20F - Improved Wireless SIM Board for Pro2
$149.00
This standard SIM board (Davis part number 7345.976) has been professionally modified by a qualified electrical engineer for double the solar energy collection capacity which means less reliance on the onboard lithium ion battery. Ultimately this means significantly longer battery life for extended maintenance free operation. This type of modification is especially desirable in long night time environments where the solar energy collected during the day has been depleted and dependence on the lithium ion battery is required for continued data transmission.

This modified ISS SIM unit is a direct replacement for the following Davis model numbers:

* 6152 - Wireless Vantage Pro2
* 6162 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus
* 6153 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 with 24-Hour Fan Aspirated Shield
* 6163 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-Hour Fan Aspirated Shield
* 6372 - Wireless Temperature Station
* 6382 - Wireless Temperature / Humidity Station
* 6332 - Anemometer Transmitter Kit

**Please note that this modified 7345.976 is not compatible with the original Vantage Pro (Vantage Pro "1") and will only work with the Vantage Pro2 line of products. This is a USA version and will only work with USA versions of Davis equipment.

Please Note:

This modified item is NOT covered by the one year Davis Warranty; HOWEVER, we will personally warranty the item for a year from the purchase date.

Add to Cart:

Model: 7345.976-20F
Shipping Weight: 2lbs
2 Units in Stock
Manufactured by: Davis Instruments

This post has been edited by EastBayWx: Dec 13 2009, 02:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tstolze
post Dec 15 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 814

I wouldn't waste my money. Many of us have original boards from VP1's that are over 7-8 years old with no issues. It does suck that you have one with a problem, but if operating properly the solar panel and capacitor will power your station for years to come. I used to check my battery each Fall only to find it was still in very good shape. I replace it every 2 years now as a precaution.

FYI: Davis will usually cross-ship, especially for warranty items.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:20 AM