Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

64 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> February 11-13 Southeast Winter Storm, Closed: Please Refer To The OBS Thread
ctj-carolina
post Feb 9 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #681

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,710

QUOTE(Snowstorms @ Feb 9 2010, 04:04 PM) *
Calm down people this storm is still 3 days out, it can still change, i stilll believe it wont that far suppressed......but some areas like Augusta will see 1-4 inches, but most Northern Areas like N. Georgia may only see a 1 inch at max....and thats if this storm tracks a little further north.

I hate to say it but this storm is a non factor for everyone except those along the gulf coast and that will be a marginal event..just not cold enough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepSouthSC
post Feb 9 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #682

Member No.: 17,217

QUOTE(GeorgiaGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 04:01 PM) *
what local met are you talking about. Oh wait, a SC met. The Augusta mets from WAGT jumped on it so fast I don't think this is going to happen anymore. WRDW isn't excited and has 20% chance of ???? on friday.

BTW: Someone PMed me and said I was rude to NC folk and I don't deserve any snow. It got deleted...probably by a moderator. So guess what? The midlands in SC and East GA south of Elberton are not seeing a flake this year.

Yes.... A SC met on WIS TV. He doesn't think this will be an event at all. One of the better mets in the area on WLTX basically has a question mark for Friday. He just has a possible temp and a big, 'ole question mark.

You've got to be kidding? Someone PM'ed you because they perceived you to be rude to NC folk? And, they felt you didn't deserve any snow.... So, no snow for the midlands of SC and East GA south of Elberton? Comical! LOL

If, that happens.... We'll all live. Geez! LOL

+Quote Post
DeepSouthSC
post Feb 9 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #683

QUOTE(ctj-carolina @ Feb 9 2010, 04:09 PM) *
I hate to say it but this storm is a non factor for everyone except those along the gulf coast and that will be a marginal event..just not cold enough.

I'm not being a "downer" or anything.... But, I've been thinking that way since late, last night. Basically, why I believe one of the local mets here in Columbia basically said, "It'll be a non event."

+Quote Post
GeorgiaGirl
post Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #684

Member No.: 15,990

QUOTE(DeepSouthSC @ Feb 9 2010, 04:10 PM) *
Yes.... A SC met on WIS TV. He doesn't think this will be an event at all. One of the better mets in the area on WLTX basically has a question mark for Friday. He just has a possible temp and a big, 'ole question mark.

You've got to be kidding? Someone PM'ed you because they perceived you to be rude to NC folk? And, they felt you didn't deserve any snow.... So, no snow for the midlands of SC and East GA south of Elberton? Comical! LOL

If, that happens.... We'll all live. Geez! LOL

Yeah because I said NC folk don't need to be complaining about this being a definite non event for them because the Deep South needs some of it. It got deleted. That was the death jinx. I'm 100% certain that will give us nothing until I leave.

+Quote Post
Weatherlover
post Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #685

Member No.: 13,032

I still believe the GFS and NAM will trend north again, if not by the 00z runs tonight, then by the 00z runs tomorrow. I'm in favor with the Canadian atm, it seems to be the most consistent from run to run. Even the JMA hasn't been that bad. I'm also basing some of this on the northern trends that have happened with the past few storms that were modeled to go as north as they did. I'm not saying that will happen for sure, but it's possible it'll follow the same song and dance.

--------------------
Winter of 2011 - 2012 in Review
Number of Snowstorms this winter --> 0
Number of Icestorms this Winter --> 0
Number of Sleetstorms this winter --> 0
Total Snowfall Accumulations --> 0 inches
Total Ice Accumulations --> 0 inches
Total Sleet Accumulations --> 0 inches

"Never underestimate the power of mother nature."

"When it comes to computer models, the final solution is NEVER the final solution."

My Youtube Weather Page!

+Quote Post
DeepSouthSC
post Feb 9 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #686

QUOTE(GeorgiaGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Yeah because I said NC folk don't need to be complaining about this being a definite non event for them because the Deep South needs some of it. It got deleted. That was the death jinx. I'm 100% certain that will give us nothing until I leave.

LOL Nah! It wasn't the death jinx. Don't believe the hype! We'll get some accumulating snow at some point. We can't stay in this drought forever.

+Quote Post
GeorgiaGirl
post Feb 9 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #687

QUOTE(DeepSouthSC @ Feb 9 2010, 04:17 PM) *
LOL Nah! It wasn't the death jinx. Don't believe the hype! We'll get some accumulating snow at some point. We can't stay in this drought forever.

Watch. Ya'll will get about 6-12 inches as soon as I leave for college in late 2013. There is a jinx on me now, I can feel it. I won't get snow unless I go to the Yukon because of it.

+Quote Post
dawgnkitten
post Feb 9 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #688

Member No.: 12,664

Southern News from Accuweather

What was a huge swath of snow, is now rain and accuweather says the storm may end tracking to the south.

--------------------

Just having fun in FL...miss it at times, especially the gorgeous sunsets...taken on 7/14/11
Live for today, for yesterday is the past, and tomorrow is a distant dream of hope
Many will come into your life, a few will leave their footprints, and a couple will break your heart.
Love is the source of all things-Good and Evil. @---}---

+Quote Post
lakemurraykid
post Feb 9 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #689

Member No.: 16,873

QUOTE(DeepSouthSC @ Feb 9 2010, 03:58 PM) *
Ditto, GG.... I've had a bad feeling about this prior to going to bed on last night. I continue to think southern AL and Georgia is gonna get a good snow, while the central sections of GA and SC are left out in the cold.

One of the local mets continue to believe this will be a non-event for our areas, GG. Quite frankly, I'm starting to believe this particular met
I'm in the boat with you. I'll continue to follow this forum, but I have officially given up on this storm. I'll put it this way, if we get snow I'll be very happy, but I am not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll follow the forum just for the fun of it. sad.gif

+Quote Post
PleaseSnowforAtl...
post Feb 9 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #690

Member No.: 20,770

QUOTE(Weatherlover @ Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM) *
I still believe the GFS and NAM will trend north again, if not by the 00z runs tonight, then by the 00z runs tomorrow. I'm in favor with the Canadian atm, it seems to be the most consistent from run to run. Even the JMA hasn't been that bad. I'm also basing some of this on the northern trends that have happened with the past few storms that were modeled to go as north as they did. I'm not saying that will happen for sure, but it's possible it'll follow the same song and dance.

Agreed...this is the first storm I am not giving up so easily for... The mets on easternwx are so horrible iots rediculous tbh...I got "banned" for 24 hours because i sid my mind because they were like "its over guys",. I'm just like "wow". Then again, most mets are horrible and get paid nada.

This will trend north...I garuntee Augusta will get at least 1 inch from this...mark my words....I hope it goes slower so it goes more north and the northern stream can have an influence. By Wednesday/Thusday models, We will have our answer then you can start giving up and throwing in the towel then. Until then, I will be tracking this storm, no matter what anyone said. I still don't believe a low will go that far southeast. I will stay vigilant and resillient.

--------------------
Winter of 2010-201(Better then last season by far!)
Total Snow Accumulation for 10-11: 10 inches(Average is 2.0 inches)
Winter Storm Warnings: 1
Winter Weather Advisories: 1
Snow Storms: 2
Christmas 2010 Snowstorm: 1.5 inches
January 9th-10th Snowstorm: 8.5 inches

The Epic Winter of 2009-2010(You will never be forgotten)

Total Snow Accumulation for 09-10: 6.75 inches(Average is 2.0 inches)
Winter Storm Warnings: 2
Winter Weather Advisories: 4
Snow Storms: 3
January 6th-8th SnowStorm - .75 inches
February 12-13th SnowStorm - 5.0 Inches

March 1st-3rd SnowStorm- .75-1.2 inches in areas where it could accumulate

Last Snowfall Over 4 inches- January 9th, 2011

+Quote Post
GeorgiaGirl
post Feb 9 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #691

QUOTE(dawgnkitten @ Feb 9 2010, 04:19 PM) *

What was a huge swath of snow, is now rain and accuweather says the storm may end tracking to the south.

No duh, its in the Gulf.

QUOTE(PleaseSnowforAtlanta @ Feb 9 2010, 04:20 PM) *
Agreed...this is the first storm I am not giving up so easily for... The mets on easternwx are so horrible iots rediculous tbh...I got "banned" for 24 hours because i sid my mind because they were like "its over guys",. I'm just like "wow". Then again, most mets are horrible and get paid nada.

This will trend north...I garuntee Augusta will get at least 1 inch from this...mark my words....I hope it goes slower so it goes more north and the northern stream can have an influence. By Wednesday/Thusday models, We will have our answer then you can start giving up and throwing in the towel then. Until then, I will be tracking this storm, no matter what anyone said. I still don't believe a low will go that far southeast. I will stay vigilant and resillient.

Dude. Augusta gets either nothing/flizzard, or 6 inches. I've seen it with my own eyes when I was a young child.

+Quote Post
dressseller
post Feb 9 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #692

Member No.: 21,606

QUOTE(GeorgiaGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM) *

GeorgiaGirl ...I hope you get all the snow your heart could desire.. but I think the comment you made felt a little out of line to some (me included!) because sitting here smack dab in the middle of RDU/Cary ..it's been just about as bone dry snow-wise as it has been for you. We really haven't had any great events as of late. The most recent event started out well and gave us a few inches only to turn to sleet and compress all the snow down. Sledding was really fun for a couple of days so I'm not complaining but we in the heart of NC could use a good snow too! ....Probably NOT as snow-starved as you but snow-starved all the same!

I enjoy reading these forums. First time posting and I'm not trying to stir the pot just explaining that sometimes comments come off as a little abrupt when you probably didn't mean them to. ...It's all good.. I hope you deep-southers get a good storm from this one and I hope another one comes along for NC before it's all said and done. .......If I was the snow fairy I'd throw enough around to make us all happy!!

+Quote Post
PleaseSnowforAtl...
post Feb 9 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #693

Member No.: 20,770

QUOTE(GeorgiaGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 04:26 PM) *
And the person that sent me that PM....needs to realize I'm a young teen at a high school that has more southern blacks then whites that do not act right....it could be worse.

Why would you even mention race though? I don't see where that came from. Some people could find that really offensive. You really need to watch what you say. I don't think race should ever come to play on a weather forum.

--------------------
Winter of 2010-201(Better then last season by far!)
Total Snow Accumulation for 10-11: 10 inches(Average is 2.0 inches)
Winter Storm Warnings: 1
Winter Weather Advisories: 1
Snow Storms: 2
Christmas 2010 Snowstorm: 1.5 inches
January 9th-10th Snowstorm: 8.5 inches

The Epic Winter of 2009-2010(You will never be forgotten)

Total Snow Accumulation for 09-10: 6.75 inches(Average is 2.0 inches)
Winter Storm Warnings: 2
Winter Weather Advisories: 4
Snow Storms: 3
January 6th-8th SnowStorm - .75 inches
February 12-13th SnowStorm - 5.0 Inches

March 1st-3rd SnowStorm- .75-1.2 inches in areas where it could accumulate

Last Snowfall Over 4 inches- January 9th, 2011

+Quote Post
SS30342
post Feb 9 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #694

Member No.: 20,714

QUOTE(dawgnkitten @ Feb 9 2010, 04:19 PM) *

Accuweather needs to upgrade their servers. I'm getting errors...

+Quote Post
dressseller
post Feb 9 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #695

Member No.: 21,606

QUOTE(GeorgiaGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 04:26 PM) *
And the person that sent me that PM....needs to realize I'm a young teen at a high school that has more southern blacks then whites that do not act right....it could be worse.

Ok ..well, that didn't make sense to me ..Just saying that we can all wish for snow for ourselves AND others without being 'possessive' of it. LOL....it's not like we can control it or anything. ....Lots of great reading in here though from some really knowledgeable people!

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_TNsnowgoose_*
post Feb 9 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #696

Guests

OMG

+Quote Post
Georgiapeach
post Feb 9 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #697

Member No.: 14,088

QUOTE(PleaseSnowforAtlanta @ Feb 9 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Why would you even mention race though? I don't see where that came from. Some people could find that really offensive. You really need to watch what you say. I don't think race should ever come to play on a weather forum.

She is 15 and probably doesnt really know any better so I always tend to give her a break.
I think its pretty cool that you being almost the same age can recognize that race being mentioned is completely whack!
I do worry at times that you two are missing out on some of the best times of your life by sitting on this forum all winter, esp. GG since she seems to never leave by the amount of posts she has.

--------------------
I wanna be a redneck hippie!!!

+Quote Post
GeorgiaGirl
post Feb 9 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #698

QUOTE(TNsnowgoose @ Feb 9 2010, 04:34 PM) *
OMG

???

+Quote Post
GeorgiaGirl
post Feb 9 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #699

QUOTE(Georgiapeach @ Feb 9 2010, 04:35 PM) *
She is 15 and probably doesnt really know any better so I always tend to give her a break.
I think its pretty cool that you being almost the same age can recognize that race being mentioned is completely whack!
I do worry at times that you two are missing out on some of the best times of your life by sitting on this forum all winter, esp. GG since she seems to never leave by the amount of posts she has.

My parents have zero trust in me, I'm not allowed to go anywhere. Believe me, being at my school is enough sometimes because there is plenty of time to act like monkeys there.

I haven't gotten an invitation to a party period till this year, I had to turn it down because it was at the last second.

This post has been edited by GeorgiaGirl: Feb 9 2010, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Snowstorms_*
post Feb 9 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #700

Guests

Hmm.....that sucks. Lol, come to my parties i have atleast 3 a year. Im sure you will be happy.

This storm may give most of you flurries to 2 inchs, watch tonights 0z runs, and todays 18z runs, they, wil tell you if its a trend, or this storm may track further North. the 15-17storm will be much further North, clipper phasing with a southern storm. possible.

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 03:36 AM