Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Topic question for a weather-related event
ForensicMeteoBoy
post Apr 7 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,393

Hello!

I haven't been active here in months, but I would like to post something to promote an upcoming event.

The student chapter of the American Meteorological Society at Millersville University (of which I am President) is hosting its second annual "Public Weather Awareness Day" (or just, MU Weather Day). The event is free and includes many interactive weather exhibits like a live green screen, make-your-own booths and more. We also are hosting several weather-relating organizations such as the NWS and, of course, AccuWeather! There's also going to be tons of free food (snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.) and door prizes.

We have a website, facebook event and ad and lots of local advertising. While its very short notice (the event is this Saturday), I was wondering if I could post a topic somewhere on the forums to publicize the event? Again, it's free and open to the general public. It's made for families to come out and have some weather-related fun, which I think would be of interest to many on this board.

FYI, Millersville University is located just a few minutes outside of Lancaster, PA. It's about 1.5 hours from the Philadelphia area, 1.5 hours from Baltimore and 2 hours from state college.

Any suggestions? We would really appreciate any and all help promoting it!

Links:
MUWeatherDay.com - official site
Facebook Event

-Joe Moore
President, MU-AMS

--------------------
Millersville Meteorology
Class of 2011
Blog (weather forecasts, analysis, etc.): Coming back soon...
Twitter: http://twitter.com/wxjoe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_AtownWxWatcher_*
post Apr 8 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(ForensicMeteoBoy @ Apr 7 2010, 07:49 PM) *
Hello!

I haven't been active here in months, but I would like to post something to promote an upcoming event.

The student chapter of the American Meteorological Society at Millersville University (of which I am President) is hosting its second annual "Public Weather Awareness Day" (or just, MU Weather Day). The event is free and includes many interactive weather exhibits like a live green screen, make-your-own booths and more. We also are hosting several weather-relating organizations such as the NWS and, of course, AccuWeather! There's also going to be tons of free food (snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.) and door prizes.

We have a website, facebook event and ad and lots of local advertising. While its very short notice (the event is this Saturday), I was wondering if I could post a topic somewhere on the forums to publicize the event? Again, it's free and open to the general public. It's made for families to come out and have some weather-related fun, which I think would be of interest to many on this board.

FYI, Millersville University is located just a few minutes outside of Lancaster, PA. It's about 1.5 hours from the Philadelphia area, 1.5 hours from Baltimore and 2 hours from state college.

Any suggestions? We would really appreciate any and all help promoting it!

Links:
MUWeatherDay.com - official site
Facebook Event

-Joe Moore
President, MU-AMS

I just noticed this and copied and pasted it on to my blog...smile.gif Hope it helps!

+Quote Post
ForensicMeteoBoy
post Apr 8 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,393

Thanks AtownWxWatcher! Will you be attending the event?

--------------------
Millersville Meteorology
Class of 2011
Blog (weather forecasts, analysis, etc.): Coming back soon...
Twitter: http://twitter.com/wxjoe

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_AtownWxWatcher_*
post Apr 8 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(ForensicMeteoBoy @ Apr 8 2010, 04:42 PM) *
Thanks AtownWxWatcher! Will you be attending the event?

Unfortunately not because I have no means to travel plus i work every weekend....

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Apr 11 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #5

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

I'm moving this into the "Weather Questions and Info" section since it doesn't match the "Current Weather" guidelines, but definitely want the word to get out.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2014 - 11:24 PM