Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A day in the life of AAASTINKIE!, life in the fast lane.....
Maw
post Nov 8 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Nov 8 2010, 06:18 PM) *
I'll be waiting for pictures of these crabs.... wink.gif

This should be interesting...

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Nov 10 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 14,053

Umm, so I went deer hunting today for the first time this year, I am not much of a hunter, have never shot a deer before. So I'm out there 2 hours before a deer shows up and there are two of them and they are both the same size and I have no idea if they are big or small?? So after 15 minutes I shoot one (was waiting for another one to show up to help determine size) so anyways turns out to be a small doe (have a doe permit) that weighs 70lbs.
Got to work on time, night #14 of shutdown.... ohmy.gif
Guys at work say best burgers you ever ate....all six of them..... blink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
" it don't get no better than this "

If you like snow so much come shovel me out!!

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Nov 11 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #43

Pictures of my first deer, the liver was great this morning for breakfast with a cold one!! wink.gif
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...39/mylittledeer
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...37/mylittledeer
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...38/mylittledeer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Nov 11 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #44

Six burgers and a liver. Now that there is funny!

Stink, you are more handsome every time I see you. You must post more pics! wink.gif

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Nov 12 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Maw @ Nov 11 2010, 09:09 PM) *
Six burgers and a liver. Now that there is funny!

Stink, you are more handsome every time I see you. You must post more pics! wink.gif

My friends wife emailed me and said my "skipper" is all butchered and packaged for me to pick-up, she said you did get 6 burgers, but they ain't 1/4 pounders!! laugh.gif
On the "fast lane" deal, after 3 hours of sleep today I bought a trailer load of knotty pine boards and truck load of insulation and took it to camp to start insulating and paneling the bedroom so I'm not heating the outdoors this winter with the electric heat. Tonight is my LAST night of 16!! smile.gif
Tomorrow I bring a load of tools to camp and pick up Bambi on the way home, work days Sunday through Wednesday.........then.........3 DAYS OFF!!!!!! rolleyes.gif (to work on camp) ice fishing starts January 1st!!

This post has been edited by aaastinkie: Nov 12 2010, 11:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Nov 13 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Nov 12 2010, 11:03 PM) *
My friends wife emailed me and said my "skipper" is all butchered and packaged for me to pick-up, she said you did get 6 burgers, but they ain't 1/4 pounders!! laugh.gif
On the "fast lane" deal, after 3 hours of sleep today I bought a trailer load of knotty pine boards and truck load of insulation and took it to camp to start insulating and paneling the bedroom so I'm not heating the outdoors this winter with the electric heat. Tonight is my LAST night of 16!! smile.gif
Tomorrow I bring a load of tools to camp and pick up Bambi on the way home, work days Sunday through Wednesday.........then.........3 DAYS OFF!!!!!! rolleyes.gif (to work on camp) ice fishing starts January 1st!!

You one lucky dude aaastink! wink.gif
16 12's in a row? Ouchie, of course, that makes for a beautiful paycheck (if you file M with 9 D's, otherwise is the Gov't check from you know where!)
Enjoy your deerburgers!

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Nov 14 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(wxdude1964 @ Nov 13 2010, 08:54 AM) *
You one lucky dude aaastink! wink.gif
16 12's in a row? Ouchie, of course, that makes for a beautiful paycheck (if you file M with 9 D's, otherwise is the Gov't check from you know where!)
Enjoy your deerburgers!

Funny you should say that, I went with M-8...... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Nov 17 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #48

Well boys and girls, it's day #20, I made it!! Tomorrow I sleep in, three days off!! wink.gif
Tomorrow I go see my new granddaughter, I think she is 3 weeks old, born the first night shift of this run.... ohmy.gif
I'll throw a pork shoulder in the smoker tonight my grandson Dexter expects Poppy to show up with the "Meat". rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Nov 17 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Nov 17 2010, 05:53 AM) *
Well boys and girls, it's day #20, I made it!! Tomorrow I sleep in, three days off!! wink.gif
Tomorrow I go see my new granddaughter, I think she is 3 weeks old, born the first night shift of this run.... ohmy.gif
I'll throw a pork shoulder in the smoker tonight my grandson Dexter expects Poppy to show up with the "Meat". rolleyes.gif

Congrats on all fronts there aaastink!
Be safe!

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Dec 6 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #50

Well, it's my last night shift of three, vacation starts in a little over four hours, the bedroom in camp is almost done, insulation 3 1/2" in the walls, 10" in the ceiling, insulation is all up and 1/2 of the ceiling needs knotty pine and it's done!! wink.gif
I bought enough boards to do the ceiling in the entry way also and will try to get it done this week, then clean up so I'm ready for ice fishing, should be cold enought to make some ice this week, calling for 8 inches of snow tomorrow up there so I'll be brewing at home when I get up... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Dec 6 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #51

Congrats on the baby granddaughter, Stink! You should write a "camp" diary for her and little grandson. They'd get a big kick out of it someday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Dec 15 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #52

I'm back after 10 days off, anyone miss me?? rolleyes.gif
Camp is almost done, decided to redo the entire entry way, all back together, just have to finish some trim in the bedroom and make a place to hang clothes and some shelves and then clean up!! (what a mess the kitchen is with sawdust all over the place) ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by aaastinkie: Dec 15 2010, 10:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Dec 17 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Dec 15 2010, 10:23 PM) *
I'm back after 10 days off, anyone miss me?? rolleyes.gif
Camp is almost done, decided to redo the entire entry way, all back together, just have to finish some trim in the bedroom and make a place to hang clothes and some shelves and then clean up!! (what a mess the kitchen is with sawdust all over the place) ohmy.gif

Of course we miss you, but I want some pictures! I don't care if there is sawdust around - just post some pics!

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Dec 20 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 14,542

QUOTE(Maw @ Dec 17 2010, 02:29 PM) *
Of course we miss you, but I want some pictures! I don't care if there is sawdust around - just post some pics!

DITTO!

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Dec 21 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #55

Ok, pictures, here's what I have been doing for the last month. My wife's camp was studded walls like most camps, I insulated and knotty pined the bedroom and entryway, next year I hope to do the kitchen area. It was kind of chilly in the bedroom last year during ice fishing season cause we were heating the outdoors through the roof!! now there is 10" of insulation up there and 3 1/2 " in the walls. I don't have any before pictures but put in the kitchen pictures for an idea of how it looked.
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/.../118834/kitchen
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...27/kitchen+area
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...118832/entryway
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...3/more+entryway
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/.../118825/bedroom
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...king+on+ceiling
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...area+in+bedroom
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...18831/bedroom+2
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...inished+product
http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/...29/more+bedroom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Valhaz
post Dec 21 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 15,655

The walls look awesome man! Just a camp eh? That's good enough work for a house! Good work Triple A.

+Quote Post
Cracker
post Dec 21 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 20,641

I can't see!

--------------------
oh smeg

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Dec 21 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 21 2010, 01:16 PM) *
I can't see!

You have to be logged in to see pictures, or go to photos and type in Camp and look around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Dec 23 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #59

Woke up to around 5" of wet sloppy snow today, almost went in the bushes on the way to work.... ohmy.gif
Those snow lovers on the weather forum can have the snow, now I have to go home tonight and shovel, rake and plow!! rolleyes.gif
On the other hand when I got home last night there was a Fedex box on the doorstep with 4 lobsters, a bag of shrimp and a bag of stuffed quahogs in it!! wink.gif
Nice to have a rich brother!!
Of course he can have his millions, I think I'm sitting on top of the world myself, just give me a fishpole and a box of worms!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Dec 23 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Dec 23 2010, 06:54 AM) *
Woke up to around 5" of wet sloppy snow today, almost went in the bushes on the way to work.... ohmy.gif
Those snow lovers on the weather forum can have the snow, now I have to go home tonight and shovel, rake and plow!! rolleyes.gif
On the other hand when I got home last night there was a Fedex box on the doorstep with 4 lobsters, a bag of shrimp and a bag of stuffed quahogs in it!! wink.gif
Nice to have a rich brother!!
Of course he can have his millions, I think I'm sitting on top of the world myself, just give me a fishpole and a box of worms!! wink.gif

Looooove the pics, Stink. You have done a fantastic job inside. I can smell the walls just sitting here looking at the pictures. I love the smell of sawdust, too. It reminds me of my own Paw.

I'm with you regarding the millions. I'd rather have my little cottage with the most awesome neighbors and a fishing pole in my hand than anything else this world can offer me - even millions. Every single guest we have had at the cottage has offered to buy the place from us. Paw tells them there isn't enough zeros in their bank account. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 04:28 PM