Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything MMA, Don't call it a comeback
Az-Beast
post May 29 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 18,720

Who do u think is gonna win? I think they are evenly matched. I would like to see Evans win tho, Rampage irks me a lil.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Az-Beast
post May 29 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,720

Oh and I believe the winner of this fight is gonna be the next contender at Shogun Rua's light heavyweight title.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hamps_41
post May 29 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,204

i think rashad is going to win bad. rampage doesnt want to fight anymore. he want to work on his movie career. so i dont think that he trained as hard as rashad did. rashad wants to be the champ again, i cant say the same thing about rampage.

"i got one thing to say. There's gonna be some black on black crime" *throughs mic down*

+Quote Post
hamps_41
post May 30 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #4

who won the fights?

This post has been edited by hamps_41: May 30 2010, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post May 30 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,192

Evans smashed rampage, Evans is way to fast for Rampage.

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
jericko
post May 30 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,044

UFC 114 Complete Undercard Results

Ryan Jensen def. Jesse Forbes via submission (guillotine). R1 1:06

Aaron Riley def. Joe Brammer by unanimous decision (30-27 on all cards).

Cyrille Diabate def. Luis Cane by TKO (punches). R1 2:13

Melvin Guillard def. Waylon Lowe by TKO (knee to the body). R1 3:28

UFC 114 Results: Dan Lauzon Drops Decision to Efrain Escudero
by Kid Nate

Efrain Escudero outscored a visibly out of shape Dan Lauzon at UFC 114, taking a three round decision 29-27 from all three judges. A point deduction cost Escudero the shut out in all three rounds.

The Spike TV broadcast of the UFC 114 undercard kicked off with a lightweight bout between Dan Lauzon and Efrain Escudero. Escudero was a winner of The Ultimate Fighter reality show. Lauzon had his coach and brother Joe Lauzon had a falling out in mid-camp and Lauzon had to find a new team to corner him for this fight.

Escudero scored the first blows of the fight with a combination of punches landed off a counter of some missed shots by Lauzon. A couple of minutes later he began to land knees to Lauzon's face, one of them visibly bruised Lauzon's eye. Then shot for a double leg take down but Lauzon held him off. Coming out of the clinch, Escudero was cut above the eye. Escudero seemed to pull back and wasn't as aggressive the rest of the round.

Escudero's corner stopped the bleeding between rounds. About a minute in, Escudero exploded and launched a vicious attack of punches and knees that had Lauzon ducking and covering. Then Lauzon shot in for a take down but Escudero stuffed it. After a little clinch time, Escudero came out punching. It took him a while to stalk down Lauzon but he cornered him with about 90 seconds left and fired off several knees to the face. Some leg kicks were sprinkled into the campaign against Lauzon then a punch dropped him with 50 seconds left. After a restart when Escudero didn't follow Lauzon down.

The third saw an exchange of leg kicks ending with Escudero needing a break from catching a shot in the groin. Lauzon came out aggressive, but didn't land much. Escudero had taken over the offense by the time they were a minute in. A restart from the standing clinch was followed by Escudero getting a collar tie and throwing jumping knees to Lauzon's head. An aggressive Lauzon just gave Escudero more opportunities to counter him with combinations. Both men then traded flashy kicks with Lauzon's scoring slightly better. Escudero was dancing and baiting Lauzon. Escudero landed a couple of kick to Lauzon's groin with only a few seconds left and the ref deducted a point from Escudero. The two fighters both ended the fight attacking and landing shots.

UFC 114 Results: Dong Hyun Kim Pins Down Amir Sadollah
by Kid Nate

Dong Hyun "Stun Gun" Kim took Amir Sadollah down at will to take a unanimous decision over Amir Sadollah.

Dong Hyun Kim dominated the first round after taking Amir Sadollah down. But Kim never threatened to submit Sadollah and landed only a few shots as they fought for position.

In the second, Kim again took down Sadollah but Amir got back to his feet. Kim quickly clinched and dominated the positional battle. Then he took Sadollah down again. He stayed in guard, throwing elbows. Kim fought for mount but at a slow enough pace that the crowd groaned with restlessness. Then he got the position known at the neck tie and fired punches on a helpless Sadollah who could only fight for guard. But he fought his way out of that often lethal hold only to be mounted and battered again before the bell ended.

In the third, Kim once again quickly took him down. Sadollah fought hard off his back, but soon found himself mounted. Kim scored with elbows from the top position. But Sadollah got back to guard. Then he fought his way back to his feet with 1:20 left. Then he fought off another shot only to get taken down again with a minute left. But Kim held a clinch until 0:40. A desperate Sadollah couldn't do much as time ran out.

UFC 114 Results: John Hathaway Out Classes Diego Sanchez
by Kid Nate

After losing a lightweight title fight to now former champ B.J. Penn, Diego Sanchez attempted to return to the welterweight division against the much taller John Hathaway. Hathaway had his way with the veteran fighter to take a unanimous decision.

Diego Sanchez came back to the welterweight division trying to get a quick take down on John Hathaway. Hathaway fought him off and landed some elbows in the mix. Hathaway landed some sharp rights from a distance. Then Hathaway landed a knee as Sanchez dove for a take down and dropped a stunned Sanchez. But Sanchez some how survived the ground and barrage and recovered his senses. Then Hathaway began to score hard shots from the top. Sanchez spun for submissions but took a beating for his troubles. A markedly more confident left the first round.

Sanchez looked reduced in the open moments of the second as Hathaway fired and landed. Sanchez landed a hard right hook but didn't seem to hurt Hathaway. Hathaway smiled and circled away. Diego took him down off a kick but Hathaway immediately started working his way back up. Then he got back to his feet. They circled warily for a minute or so then Hathaway landed a hard right. With 0:52 left, Joe Rogan began writing an obituary for Sanchez' career. Hathaway continued to score at will with rights using his big reach advantage.

The third took a while to get going as the announcers shilled the new UFC Undisputed 2010. Hathaway began to chip away at Sanchez again. Sanchez shot in but got stuffed by a strong Hathaway. Sanchez landed a hard right hand. Then shot again but got stuffed easily. Diego countered in a standing clinch exchange. But then Hathaway would land the right straight again. Hathaway then landed a high kick to the head. Hathaway then got a take down of his own. Diego shrugged it off and kept punching and getting punched to the end of the bout.

UFC 114 Results: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Squeaks by Jason Brilz
by Mike Fagan

In his prediction for the event, an anonymous MMA writer said, "Good opportunity for Brilz. Bad fight for Brilz." MMA writers should not be trusted.

Jason Brilz brought a very tough fight for Antonio Rogerio Nogueira tonight. Nogueira, originally scheduled to fight brawler Forrest Griffin, ended up fighting a wrestler in Brilz. Round one proved extremely close. Nogueira controlled the standup and landed a handful of knees to the body. Brilz was able to take Nogueira down and landed some good damage from the top there.

Brilz took control in round two. The two traded guillotines back and forth, with Brilz coming extremely close to submitting the Brazilian. As the round came to a close, he threw a wild left-right combination that had Nogueira wobbly until the bell.

Nogueira showed why he's a top fighter, however, and came back strong in round three. He stuffed Brilz's takedowns or swept into top control if taken down. He looked the fresher fighter on the feet as well, though he had been rocked at the end of round two.

The judges scored a split decision for Nogueira, which was greeted by jeers from the Vegas crowd.

UFC 114 Results: Mike Russow Knocks Out Todd Duffee Out of Nowhere
by Mike Fagan

I was all set to write about Todd Duffee dominating Mike Russow for three rounds. And then...wow.

Duffee did dominate 99% of the fight. It's too bad that 1% was killer.

Russow landed a right hand that sent Duffee to the mat. And Duffee was out. Cold. Joe Rogan was very excited.

Result aside, Duffee looked very good up until the end. He nullified Russow anytime Russow looked to get close to clinch or shoot. He landed all jabs, hook, and upper cuts at will. For nearly three rounds, he picked apart a very game heavyweight.

It was all for naught though. Mike Russow gets the "W" on his ledger, and Duffee goes back to the drawing board.

UFC 114 Results: Michael Bisping Outboxes Dan Miller for Three Rounds
by Mike Fagan

Michael Bisping probably just dealt Dan Miller his pink slip.

Miller was game for three rounds, but Bisping picked him apart for fifteen minutes on the feet. Bisping found continued success with a straight right, using it after jabs, double jabs, and to counter. He bloodied Miller early, and kept up the pace for the entire fight. All three judges scored the fight for Bisping (30-27, 30-27, and 29-28).

Miller, who's sad story was discussed at length in the lead into this fight, will be fortunate to hold on to his job after three straight losses. At the young age of 28, however, he still has time to improve his game.

Miller attempted no takedowns in the fight until the middle of the third round, when he was successfully able to put Bisping on the mat. Bisping, who's guard game is highly underrated, quickly maneuvered to the cage in order to wall walk back to his feet. Bisping stuffed Miller's only other takedown attempt later in the round.

High drama crept in before the fight had even started. The cageside cutman accidentally poked Bisping in the eye while applying Vaseline to Bisping's face at the check-in station. Bisping was given extra time to clear out his eyes.

UFC 114 Results: Rashad Evans Survives Third Round Scare to Win Decision Over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
by Mike Fagan

Rashad Evans must have some voodoo magic.

For the second time in as many fights, Rashad Evans controlled two rounds of a fight before getting caught in the third round. And for the second time in as many fights, Rashad's opponent made the inexplicable mistake of not following up and allowing Evans to recover.

Evans followed the gameplan that he needed to follow in order to win. He pushed "Rampage" against the fence, controlling him against the cage and wearing out Jackson's questionable conditioning. Up until Jackson knocked him down, Evans successfully kept away from Jackson's power, sticking and moving when opportune.

Jackson appeared disappointed in the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. Jackson disregarded the weight cut as an issue for his performance, but one has to wonder if this fight goes differently if Jackson came into the fight on a regular schedule.

Rashad Evans goes on to fight Mauricio "Shogun" Rua for the light heavyweight title.

$65k bonuses:
Sub of the night - Ryan Jensen
KO of the night - Mike Russow
Fight of the night - Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz

+Quote Post
hamps_41
post May 30 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(jericko @ May 30 2010, 01:54 PM) *
$65k bonuses:
Sub of the night - Ryan Jensen
KO of the night - Mike Russow
Fight of the night - Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz

i did not know that they didi this. i like it. i see why people take fights on short notice now.

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post May 30 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 18,192

UFC 114 Results: Mike Russow Knocks Out Todd Duffee Out of Nowhere
by Mike Fagan

I was all set to write about Todd Duffee dominating Mike Russow for three rounds. And then...wow.

Duffee did dominate 99% of the fight. It's too bad that 1% was killer.

Russow landed a right hand that sent Duffee to the mat. And Duffee was out. Cold. Joe Rogan was very excited.

Result aside, Duffee looked very good up until the end. He nullified Russow anytime Russow looked to get close to clinch or shoot. He landed all jabs, hook, and upper cuts at will. For nearly three rounds, he picked apart a very game heavyweight.

It was all for naught though. Mike Russow gets the "W" on his ledger, and Duffee goes back to the drawing board.

Best Fight of the night!

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
jericko
post May 30 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(hamps_41 @ May 30 2010, 01:26 PM) *
i did not know that they didi this. i like it. i see why people take fights on short notice now.

Yep, I think Dana White instituted that in 2007. The bonus payouts in the last year have been 30k-75k, depending on the size of the show. I'm kinda surprised this show wasn't considered a 75k show, I guess because only one fight was a big draw. Here are the last three shows...

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2
Fighters were awarded $65,000 bonuses.
Fight of the Night: Jeremy Stephens vs. Sam Stout
Knockout of the Night: Mauricio Rua
Submission of the Night: Alan Belcher

UFC 112: Invincible
Fighters were awarded $75,000 bonuses.
Fight of the Night: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Muñoz
Knockout of the Night: DaMarques Johnson
Submission of the Night: Rafael dos Anjos

UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Gomi
Fighters were awarded $30,000 bonuses.
Fight of the Night: Ross Pearson vs. Dennis Siver
Knockout of the Night: Roy Nelson
Submission of the Night: Kenny Florian

For the UFC: Vera vs Jones show on Versus back in April, instead of awarding a fight of the night, Dana awarded three knockouts of the night. It's also possible to get awarded for both fight of the night and knockout/submission of the night... most recently done by Josh Koscheck back at UFC 106.

+Quote Post
jericko
post May 30 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #10

I already had a thread like this, but it seems to have vanished. :/

At any rate, after a slow winter, things have started picking up again the last couple of months. And here are the upcoming UFC fight cards:

UFC 115: Liddell vs Franklin
June 12, 2010

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Patrick Barry
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz Finale
June 19, 2010

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine
Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver

Preliminary Card
Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Travis Browne
Lightweight bout: Darren Elkins vs. Charles Oliveira

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin
July 3, 2010

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar © vs Shane Carwin (ic)
Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic

Preliminary card
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Jacob Volkmann
Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Julio Paulino
Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola

UFC Live on Versus: Jones vs. Matyushenko
August 1, 2010

Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Vladimir Matyushenko.
Middleweight bout: Mark Munoz vs. Yushin Okami
Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Jake Ellenberger
Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Takanori Gomi

Preliminary Card
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Matthew Riddle
Light Heavyweight bout: James Irvin vs. Igor Pokrajac
Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Mike Massenzio
Middleweight bout: Rob Kimmons vs. Steve Steinbeiss

UFC 117
August 7, 2010

The following fights have been reported as finalized by reliable sources, but have yet to be officially announced at ufc.com
Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Heavyweight bout: Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs. Tim Boetsch

UFC 118
August 28, 2010

The following fights have been reported as finalized by reliable sources, but have yet to be officially announced at ufc.com
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar © vs. B.J. Penn
Catchweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara

Awesome summer!!

+Quote Post
poetry1nmotion
post Jun 1 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 22,537

QUOTE(jericko @ May 30 2010, 03:30 PM) *
UFC 117
August 7, 2010

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Heavyweight bout: Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs. Tim Boetsch

UFC 118
August 28, 2010

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar © vs. B.J. Penn
Catchweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara

Awesome summer!!

I am super excited about the Carwin Lesner fight but 117 is where it is at Chael Sonnen is one very tough dude that should be a good one.

118 REALLY!?! B.J. is already getting a rematch? I know it is not set in stone yet but Gray Maynard should get a shot he has been lurking in the uppers of that division for a little while now and I would put him before Penn but oh well I guess thats politics tongue.gif

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Jun 1 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,847

QUOTE(poetry1nmotion @ Jun 1 2010, 06:37 PM) *
I am super excited about the Carwin Lesner fight but 117 is where it is at Chael Sonnen is one very tough dude that should be a good one.

118 REALLY!?! B.J. is already getting a rematch? I know it is not set in stone yet but Gray Maynard should get a shot he has been lurking in the uppers of that division for a little while now and I would put him before Penn but oh well I guess thats politics tongue.gif

117 is looking to be a great card. its crazy that penn is getting a rematch so soon,.

+Quote Post
hamps_41
post Jun 13 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #13

well, who won ufc 115

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 13 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox
Pyle defeated Lennox via technical submission (triangle choke) at 4:44 of round 3. This bout aired on the Pay Per View after the Liddell vs. Franklin fight.

Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
Patrick defeated Funch via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:48 of round 2. This bout aired on Spike after the Danzig vs. Wiman fight.

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
Wilks defeated Sobotta via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–28, 30–27).

Middleweight bout: David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
Miranda defeated Loiseau via TKO (punches) at 4:07 of round 2.

Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
Wiman defeated Danzig via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:45 of round 1.

Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
Dunham defeated Griffin via split decision (30–27, 28–29, 29–28).

Main card
Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Condit defeated MacDonald via TKO (strikes) at 4:53 of round 3.

Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
Rothwell defeated Yvel via unanimous decision. (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)

Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
Kampmann defeated Thiago via unanimous decision. (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)

Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Pat Barry
Filipović defeated Barry via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:30 of round 3.

Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
Franklin defeated Liddell via KO (punch) at 4:55 of round 1.

Fight of the Night: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Knockout of the Night: Rich Franklin
Submission of the Night: Mirko Filipović

+Quote Post
hamps_41
post Jun 14 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #15

chuck's done.

is there any info on the fights yet?

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Jun 15 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #16

poor chuck and that glass jaw

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jul 2 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #17

Lesnar or Carwin?

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Jul 3 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(jericko @ Jul 2 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Lesnar or Carwin?

i'm rooting for Carwin.

+Quote Post
Hockeymidget8
post Jul 3 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 21,653

How did a fight between two guys like that just end in a submission? mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Hockeymidget8: Jul 3 2010, 11:30 PM

--------------------
Winter 2010-2011

Lets do this.

Total Snowfall: 48"
Current Snow Depth: 0"

Notable Events:
11/5: First flakes
12/1: First dusting
12/9: Clipper, ~1"
12/12: First WSW, 4"
1/11: WWA, 3"
2/1: Blizzard Warning, 9"
2/21: WSW, 10"

+Quote Post
poetry1nmotion
post Jul 4 2010, 03:22 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 22,537

QUOTE(Hockeymidget8 @ Jul 3 2010, 11:30 PM) *
How did a fight between two guys like that just end in a submission? mellow.gif

I dont care I am done with MMA sad.gif that makes me soo sad and i havent even seen it yet lol. jeesh kidding but I am interested on how it went sounds like Carwin had Brock in the first and then in the second Brock showed that he is champ material?!? crazy

Anyhow anyone have the low down on why Wandy didnt fight did he get hurt or something. Must have been bad if he did because he is a warrior and the commision would have had to revoke his license for him not to fight. Also made me sad to hear that but how were the fights other than that any insite?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:28 PM