Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather station with many thermometers
Laurence
post Jun 22 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,015

Hi,

I want to buy a weather station that is reliable but on top of it, I want to have many temperature sensors. I do not want more than one complete station, one place to measure rain falls and pressure is fine. I have many places where I want to monitor temperature only though. (Lake, basement, shop, garden, etc)

Is this something I can do easilly? By reading the Vantage Pro 2 specs, I only see it supports up to 8 weather stations. I just want simple temperature probes I can monitor.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurence
post Jun 23 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #2

I have continued to search and finally, the best option was with Oregon Scientific WMR200 weather station.

They even provide a bundle with two consoles, 1 weather station, 4 remotes temperature sensors and one floating temperature sensor I can put in my lake. All this for 500$ and free shipping. I also used the promo code RAINDANCE and got 20% disount, so I paid 400$ for all this

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bugs
post Jun 24 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #3

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 296

Best option based on capabilities, quality or $$'s

Really depends on what type of temperature you want to measure? or are you only interested in air temp?

+Quote Post
Laurence
post Jun 24 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #4

Hi Bugs,

The bundle comes with one weather station... I only need one in my system. The rest of the sensors are just temp and moisture. There is no need to get the barmetric pressure at more than one place right? smile.gif

I will receive it next week and I will post back my feeling on the units!!

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 10:46 PM