Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here we go again..., Brett Favre
ArmonkStorm
post Aug 3 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,440

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0080306592.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...nkle_is_no.html

Honestly I like Brett Favre and if he stayed on the Vikings, they would have probably made it to the super bowl... or NFC Championship at least. Im thinking this is an injury, whether mental or physical, driven decision.

What do you guys think? smile.gif

--------------------
Average Seasonal Snow: 35"

Total Snow for the 09-10 Season--- 43.5"
Total Snow for the 10-11 Season--- 70.5"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CentralIllinois
post Aug 3 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,540

QUOTE(ArmonkStorm @ Aug 3 2010, 08:31 PM) *
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0080306592.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...nkle_is_no.html

Honestly I like Brett Favre and if he stayed on the Vikings, they would have probably made it to the super bowl... or NFC Championship at least. Im thinking this is an injury, whether mental or physical, driven decision.

What do you guys think? smile.gif

2nd link doesn't work

I think he should stay retired this time!

--------------------

WCIA_dfabert Forecast is much more believeable! Notice that the legend has changed! #cILwx

^
After 1 model run

2013-2014
# of Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 4
# of Severe Thunderstorm Warnings:3
# of Tornado Watches:0
# of Tornado Warnings:1

2013-2014 Snowfall:42.8"
2012-2013 Snowfall: 24.4"

Note to Accuweather.com....Please give us a dedicated video blogger for the Plains/MW/OV/GL area!

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Aug 3 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,048

If he's retiring again, he should stay retired.

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
Chicago Storm
post Aug 3 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,697

he should go another season to make it 20 in his career.

then he can retire for good. from what i have heard, it sounds like his ankle will be the reason he retires.

This post has been edited by Chicago Storm: Aug 3 2010, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Aug 3 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,204

The only way he will retire is when he is place in a hole in the ground...6 feet under.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Aug 3 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 16,148

The man has no loyalty to the people who got him to where he is right now. He has no loyalty to his old teams or fans. Newsflash Brett. Its not the teams fault you haven't won another ring, its yours. 

This post has been edited by hckyplayer8: Aug 3 2010, 11:02 PM

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
Vengi
post Aug 3 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 23,027

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Aug 3 2010, 11:01 PM) *
The man has no loyalty to the people who got him to wear he is right now. He has no loyalty to his old teams or fans. Newsflash Brett. Its not the teams fault you haven't won another ring, its yours.

Agreed, his ego his to big and undeserved

--------------------
Favorite Song Today : Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb
What If?

+Quote Post
ArmonkStorm
post Aug 4 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #8

I cant believe hes really going.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Aug 4 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 20,778

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Aug 3 2010, 11:01 PM) *
 The man has no loyalty to the people who got him to where he is right now. He has no loyalty to his old teams or fans. Newsflash Brett. Its not the teams fault you haven't won another ring, its yours. 

15 years with the Packers and your claiming he has no loyalty? In the age of free agency 15 years is an eternity; how is he any different than any other player? How many other players would have left after 5 years on the team? He gave that team the best (physically) 15 years of his career and gave them the best chance to stay competative while playing through multipule injuries. I don't think loyalty is the proper word. Favre doesn't owe the Packers or their fans anything IMO.

QUOTE(Vengi @ Aug 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *
Agreed, his ego his to big and undeserved

I agree that his ego maybe too big, but undeserved?

62% career completion %
69329 career passing yards
497 career TDs
86.4 career passer rating
3 League MVP Awards
1 Super Bowl Win
11 Pro Bowl Apperances
Multipul career and single season records.

19 year career

Even with the 317 career int you can't argue with those numbers. He is a first ballot Hall of Famer when his time finally comes. I think his ego is deserved.

As far as the topic of the thread; What has been confirmed?

Favre hasn't confirmed.
The Vikings haven't confirmed.
No player has gone on the record about seeing the Text.
2 players have gone on the record claiming to have heard it from players that saw the text.
John King of ESPN (friend of Favre) was allegedly shown the text and didn't recognize the number it was sent it from.
Minneapolis media (Mark Rosen) is reporting that this all actually started on Sunday and by Monday the Vikings had sweetened the pot for Favre by offering an additional $3-5 mil for the season in a contract renegotiation. Of course this is also unconfirmed.

What we are left with is a lot of unconfirmed information. I think this is 'much ado about nothing'. I expect Favre to be joining the Vikings on the 19-20 of August or sooner. I am very sceptical of the recent news.

--------------------
QUOTE(Apologistnky @ Nov 4 2010, 10:57 PM) *
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Aug 4 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Aug 4 2010, 09:36 AM) *
15 years with the Packers and your claiming he has no loyalty? In the age of free agency 15 years is an eternity; how is he any different than any other player? How many other players would have left after 5 years on the team? He gave that team the best (physically) 15 years of his career and gave them the best chance to stay competative while playing through multipule injuries. I don't think loyalty is the proper word. Favre doesn't owe the Packers or their fans anything IMO.
Since his time with the cheeseheads hes jumped from the Jets to the Vikings. Both single year deals. Not to mention the Packer and Viking rivalry. Jumping to the enemy? 

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Aug 4 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Aug 4 2010, 09:51 AM) *
Since his time with the cheeseheads hes jumped from the Jets to the Vikings. Both single year deals. Not to mention the Packer and Viking rivalry. Jumping to the enemy? 

Favre was traded to the Jets. While it was a product of his waffling over retiring the packers could have kept him had they wanted him. Is he at fault for this, yes, but so is the Packer organization. You can't pin this completely on him.

We could easily find a number of other players that have done similar things. Sidney Crosby would be a relatively good comparison going from the Penguins to the Red Wings and back to the Penguins. Crosby was obviously chasing the Cup. Favre really isn't any different than any other player.

As far as jumping to the enemy; as a MN born Viking fan I have heard many times from Packer fans that the Packer/Bears rivalry was the 'real' rivalry. Only since Favre came to the Vikings have the majority of Packer fans changed thier tune. Packer fans are trying to have their cake and eat it too. I don't buy it.

IMO, he gave them 15 great years, 2 conference championships and a superbowl win. If he wants to go down on top and that requires going to another team (enemy or not) the fans owe it to him to give him their blessing.

--------------------
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Aug 4 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Aug 4 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Favre was traded to the Jets. While it was a product of his waffling over retiring the packers could have kept him had they wanted him. Is he at fault for this, yes, but so is the Packer organization. You can't pin this completely on him.

We could easily find a number of other players that have done similar things. Sidney Crosby would be a relatively good comparison going from the Penguins to the Red Wings and back to the Penguins. Crosby was obviously chasing the Cup. Favre really isn't any different than any other player.

As far as jumping to the enemy; as a MN born Viking fan I have heard many times from Packer fans that the Packer/Bears rivalry was the 'real' rivalry. Only since Favre came to the Vikings have the majority of Packer fans changed thier tune. Packer fans are trying to have their cake and eat it too. I don't buy it.

IMO, he gave them 15 great years, 2 conference championships and a superbowl win. If he wants to go down on top and that requires going to another team (enemy or not) the fans owe it to him to give him their blessing.

Crosby was drafted by the Penguins in 05 and has since played every year of his career with Pittsburgh.  tongue.gif

The rest is a matter of opinion. In case anybody was wondering, yes I hate Brett Farve. Hated him his whole career.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Aug 4 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Aug 4 2010, 10:15 AM) *
Crosby was drafted by the Penguins in 05 and has since played every year of his career with Pittsburgh.  tongue.gif
The rest is a matter of opinion. In case anybody was wondering, yes I hate Brett Farve. Hated him his whole career.

Your right, I stand corrected. I only been a casual hockey fan the last few years and are mistaken.

Even while Favre was with the Packers I have always liked him. I have said I hate him many times, but always in frustration or anger just after he thru a game winning TD to beat the Vikings. One of the biggest reasons I have always liked him is because he is the type of QB I have always wanted the Vikings to have. A franchise QB that is durable. Last season was the most fun I have had watching the Vikings since 1998. I hope he returns and will assume he is until he files retirement paperwork with the league.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ArmonkStorm
post Aug 4 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #14

And the drama continues....apparently he hasnt officially retired and the Vikings just offered him a new 20mil contract.

Meanwhile the Bengals continue to thrive as TO joins the team tongue.gif

WHO DEY!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ArmonkStorm
post Aug 4 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #15

Just saw on sportscenter: Favre will play if healthy....denies reports that he told his teammates that he would retire

--------------------

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Aug 4 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(ArmonkStorm @ Aug 4 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Just saw on sportscenter: Favre will play if healthy....denies reports that he told his teammates that he would retire

See I hate this guy. Its just a gimmick so he can be in the spotlight. I hope if he does play his first game out he gets crushed and is out for the season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Aug 4 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 19,382

QUOTE(ArmonkStorm @ Aug 4 2010, 11:48 AM) *
And the drama continues....apparently he hasnt officially retired and the Vikings just offered him a new 20mil contract.
Meanwhile the Bengals continue to thrive as TO joins the team tongue.gif

WHO DEY!!!!

I see Bengals were dumb enough to give TO a chance...as for Favre...who cares he pulls this stuff every year it seems

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Aug 4 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Aug 4 2010, 11:59 AM) *
See I hate this guy. Its just a gimmick so he can be in the spotlight. I hope if he does play his first game out he gets crushed and is out for the season.

There is the possibility that he hasn't initiated any of this; THIS time. It is possible that the media was trying to get ratings/papers sold/websight hits.

Of course, he may have orchestrated the whole thing for publicity/no training camp as well.

It is all speculation until something is confirmed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Aug 4 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 19,382

wonder if he will beg for a one hour special on ESPN like that Leloser Lebron

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Aug 4 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 12,058

Until I actually hear him say he is retiring and Week 1 comes and goes with him still on the sidelines, then I'll believe that he has officially retired.

--------------------
- Logan -

A.S. in Business Administration-- Broome Comm. College '08
B.S. in Accounting-- Binghamton University '10
M.B.A. in Public Accounting-- SUNY Oswego '12
M.S. in Forensic Accounting-- SUNY Brockport '13

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 06:49 AM