Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lightsoft Weather Center 2 released, Shareware Weather Station software for Macintosh
elagache
post Aug 5 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 20,650

Dear Weather Station Aficionados,

Anyone using a Macintosh or needing a very high-reliability Weather Station manager platform might be interested in learning that version-2.0 of Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC) has been released. LWC supports a wide-range of weather stations including the Davis Vantage, Vue, Envoy, Monitor and Wizard line, the La Crosse WS 23xx series, the Oregon Scientific WMR 928/968 models, and the WeatherHawk range of weather stations (I.P. Server required).

LWC supports custom web page generation, submission to Weather Underground, and CWOP. It also has extensive graphing and alert capabilities. It even supports Custom-CGI applications for users wanting to develop server-side web applications using for example PHP. LWC has an AppleScript interface and an plug-in API for those seeking to develop custom applications based on weather data.

LWC has been developed using Apple's Cocoa development environment and optimized for the OS-X operating system. That makes it a miserly software package for those already using Macintosh. Since OS-X is based on decades-old UNIX operating system, it is a very attractive choice for anyone seeking a rock-solid platform for upload weather data. Macintoshes are easy to administer and now are as stable as commercial servers. I personally had the developmental version of LWC 2.0 running for weeks, before I had restart my computer for software updates or other administrative matters. Others have run LWC for months without interruption.

For either Mac fans or those in search for a dedicated high-reliability weather station manager platform, LWC represents an attractive option. For more information about Lightsoft Weather Center visit the Lightsoft Weather Center website.

Thanks for your time,

Sincerely,

Edouard Lagache
Orinda, CA.

P.S. I am not directly connected with the development of Lightsoft Weather Center. I'm just an enthusiastic fan who has been part of the Beta testing as all existing LWC users were free to be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D2149
post Aug 5 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,729

I've been using LWC for over 18 months now and could not be more pleased with the features and stability of the product.

As with most serious weather station operators out there, I need software that can run unattended 24/7/365 without a hitch, and LWC delivers in spades! With the ability to post to CWOP and Weather Underground as well as handle my over 35 separate real-time weather alert conditions posted automatically to my website, I could not be more pleased with LWC and its harmonious interface with my Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus hardware.

Version 2 brings even more features to the table and provides automation capabilities not found in any other weather software on the market either Mac or PC.

I literally could not run the kind of complex automated weather web site that I do if it were not for the power of Lightsoft Weather Center. This program is worth buying a Mac for, and that is no exaggeration!

This post has been edited by D2149: Aug 5 2010, 05:37 PM

--------------------
Rick
MADIS: D2149
The Official NWS Reporting Station for Bass Lake Ca.

Hardware: Davis VP2 Wireless / Daytime FARS / Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Web Cam
Software: Lightsoft Weather Center for Mac OSX

LIVE WebCam
CWOP Station
Wunderground Station
BassLake-Weather.com

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:16 PM