Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canadian Blog: Weather Map getting very Active
Brett Anderson
post Oct 21 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: AccuWeather_Employee
Member No.: 12,854

The overall weather pattern across Canada and the United States will be getting more active through next week as the jet stream pushes farther south and strengthens, which is not unusual as we transition toward the cold season. Some thoughts on upcoming events...... 1. Computer models have trended a little farther south with the track of the major Pacific storm Read the full article

--------------------
Brett Anderson
Expert senior meteorologist
AccuWeather.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Watcher
post Oct 21 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,100

Hi Brett,
It's 4:00 p.m. here in Uxbridge and I am happy to let you know that we have been getting SNOW flurries for the last couple of hours. Nothing to speak of, but, snow just the same. I had thought Henry was putting out an updated winter forecast today and I thought you were as well. It's killing me to wait for your news until Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll wake up to some flurries in the morning. I'll be watching for further updates.
Thanks,
Paul

+Quote Post
travis3000
post Oct 21 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,822

I live 10 km NW of Alliston and we just had 10 minutes of moderate snow. It was coming down at a decent rate, and we received a trace of snow before it all melted. Wow, I can officially say the first flakes fell on Oct 21st!

This post has been edited by travis3000: Oct 21 2010, 05:04 PM

--------------------
Track winter storms with expert analysis on either one of my two blogs:

http://scglweather.blogspot.com/

Exclusive Southern Ontario Weather Blog

Travis

+Quote Post
Ryan45
post Oct 21 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,757

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Oct 21 2010, 05:03 PM) *
I live 10 km NW of Alliston and we just had 10 minutes of moderate snow. It was coming down at a decent rate, and we received a trace of snow before it all melted. Wow, I can officially say the first flakes fell on Oct 21st!

Sweet Travis!! Any pictures??

--------------------
View my broadcast of live weather here
Note: Only available during severe weather

www.twitter.com/wxryan45

+Quote Post
travis3000
post Oct 21 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,822

My winter forecast has been issued on my blog

http://weatherintoronto.blogspot.com/

This post has been edited by travis3000: Oct 21 2010, 05:51 PM

--------------------
Track winter storms with expert analysis on either one of my two blogs:

http://scglweather.blogspot.com/

Exclusive Southern Ontario Weather Blog

Travis

+Quote Post
stormchaser22
post Oct 21 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,571

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Oct 21 2010, 05:51 PM) *
My winter forecast has been issued on my blog

http://weatherintoronto.blogspot.com/

Nice forecast Travis... like how you included the predominant areas likely to be most effected by lake effect. Even if we were to only get an average winter i think everyone in this forum will be content after the winter we had this year but i do see this year being extra snowy. Got to make up for last year!

+Quote Post
YFNWG
post Oct 21 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 20,082

Env. Canada has pulled their winter temperature forecast. Presumably because of this.

+Quote Post
jonathan _1991
post Oct 21 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 22,209

Hi brett

very intresting winter coming up here yup i live in montreal i don,t no how much snow to expect but i hope its more then 2 snowstroms unlike last year could anybody tell me?

+Quote Post
Watcher
post Oct 21 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,100

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Oct 21 2010, 05:03 PM) *

Hi Travis,
It's 9:00 p.m. and snowing here in Uxbridge now. it is actually accumulating on my picnic table and the top of my q. i'll be watching your blog.
Paul
watcher

+Quote Post
Brett Anderson
post Oct 21 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Watcher @ Oct 21 2010, 04:19 PM) *
Hi Brett,
It's 4:00 p.m. here in Uxbridge and I am happy to let you know that we have been getting SNOW flurries for the last couple of hours. Nothing to speak of, but, snow just the same. I had thought Henry was putting out an updated winter forecast today and I thought you were as well. It's killing me to wait for your news until Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll wake up to some flurries in the morning. I'll be watching for further updates.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul, I believe the winter in your area will be warmer than normal, esp. thanks to more cloudiness than normal, which acts as a blanket at night. More storms than normal should mean slightly above-normal snowfall by the end of the winter. Feb. should be the warmest month relative to normal.

I wanted to post the forecast this week but was told to hold it off until Monday to keep it separate from the U.S. winter forecast.

--------------------
Brett Anderson
AccuWeather.com

+Quote Post
Brett Anderson
post Oct 21 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Oct 21 2010, 06:03 PM) *

Thanks for the report Travis.

--------------------
Brett Anderson
AccuWeather.com

+Quote Post
Brett Anderson
post Oct 21 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(jonathan _1991 @ Oct 21 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Hi brett

very intresting winter coming up here yup i live in montreal i don,t no how much snow to expect but i hope its more then 2 snowstroms unlike last year could anybody tell me?

Yes, there will be more than 2 snowstorms. Many more storms this year, including some ice. Should be interesting.

--------------------
Brett Anderson
AccuWeather.com

+Quote Post
shane o mac
post Oct 21 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 18,972

hey there bret nice seeing the videos up now i find it more better then just the text but my question is maybe this year there will be a better winter for cape breton nova scotia as the last 3 years sucked we didnt get one blizzard warning and all thee storms we had we were on the warm side of it so it was all rain for us and literally we had very little snow for the winter and iw as just wondering are we going to get what we usually do get like 05 those bad nor easters im in to winterstorms but there doesnt seem to be any that make it here in a solid form its always rain sucky if you ask me but anywaay if you can give me some insight on what it there is to come

+Quote Post
chrisale
post Oct 21 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 22,456

Gotta say I had a little "gulp" moment when I saw that European Model chart with the winds directly over my house! Should be a fun weekend at www.alberniweather.ca !

And I'm very much looking forward to the winter forecast on Monday! Hoping for a cold and snowy one! Loved 2008... though I'd be OK if it was a little more cold and a little less snow. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Louielou
post Oct 21 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 22,311

Hey Brett,
When do you see the first artic outbreak for SW, BC. I am not sure that you can predict that far in advance but if you could give me an idea of when the cold will hit, Also do you think it will effect us closer to the water or are you expecting snow only in the mountains?

Thanks Brett

+Quote Post
Brett Anderson
post Oct 22 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(shane o mac @ Oct 22 2010, 12:15 AM) *
hey there bret nice seeing the videos up now i find it more better then just the text but my question is maybe this year there will be a better winter for cape breton nova scotia as the last 3 years sucked we didnt get one blizzard warning and all thee storms we had we were on the warm side of it so it was all rain for us and literally we had very little snow for the winter and iw as just wondering are we going to get what we usually do get like 05 those bad nor easters im in to winterstorms but there doesnt seem to be any that make it here in a solid form its always rain sucky if you ask me but anywaay if you can give me some insight on what it there is to come

Shane.....Atlantic Canada is one region where I do not have a good feel for precipitation this coming winter. Analogs are all over the place. I think there will be less nor'easters than usual, but it only takes a couple. At this point I will go with near-normal snowfall. Temperatures should end up milder than normal, esp. Jan through Feb.

--------------------
Brett Anderson
AccuWeather.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:57 AM