Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I feel bad!
Not Firewalled
post Nov 9 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 18,678

One of my friends from Germany is stationed at Fort Campbell. Her husband is deployed to Afghanistan. She was pregnant, and not due until next week. Her mom was coming up from another state to help out when she went into labor and to be there for her. As it is, she has 1 friend at Campbell right now, and she was going to watch my friend's daughters while she was in labor. Well, she went into labor last night. Her friend watched the girls for her, but she had her baby alone. I feel terrible about that! I told her to request Fort Carson. I could have been there for her. She had a healthy baby boy- 8 lbs 6 oz, 22 inches long. Her husband already had pics up on FB this morning.

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Nov 9 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,154

QUOTE(Not Firewalled @ Nov 9 2010, 10:11 AM) *
One of my friends from Germany is stationed at Fort Campbell. Her husband is deployed to Afghanistan. She was pregnant, and not due until next week. Her mom was coming up from another state to help out when she went into labor and to be there for her. As it is, she has 1 friend at Campbell right now, and she was going to watch my friend's daughters while she was in labor. Well, she went into labor last night. Her friend watched the girls for her, but she had her baby alone. I feel terrible about that! I told her to request Fort Carson. I could have been there for her. She had a healthy baby boy- 8 lbs 6 oz, 22 inches long. Her husband already had pics up on FB this morning.

I'm sure she knows you would have done more if you could NF. smile.gif That's really the important thing. Right now, she's probably so wrapped up in her baby son she's forgotten all about the circumstances of the delivery. Can you send her a card or maybe a flower? Glad she had a healthy baby and my oldest son was exactly that length and weighed just one oz. more.

--------------------

"I was a multi-millionaire from playing hockey. Then I got divorced, and now I am a millionaire.

~Former Blackhawks sniper and Hockey Hall of Famer, Bobby Hull.

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Nov 9 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,382

Don't feel bad...she knows you would have been there for her...you a great friend...shes very lucky to have a friend like you

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Nov 9 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(Not Firewalled @ Nov 9 2010, 09:11 AM) *

She needs to be in contact with the family support group at Campbell. Every base and unit has one.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
Not Firewalled
post Nov 10 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,678

QUOTE(jdrenken @ Nov 9 2010, 03:45 PM) *
She needs to be in contact with the family support group at Campbell. Every base and unit has one.

She has been. She's a soldier too, and before she was a soldier she was a spouse. Her mom was trying to make it up there yesterday. I just feel horrible that she had to give birth alone.

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:55 PM