Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Friday Question's week 146
CMeyers
post Nov 12 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,879

Maw’s Friday questions week 146
-Asked by guest writer CMeyers

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for?

What do you think should be the role of a former president?

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…)

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made?

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products?

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take?

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what?

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why?

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one…

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought?

Have a great Friday, weekend and rest of the year!

--------------------
ChsChargers09 - Please be aware that there is a significant chance I was being sarcastic in the above comment. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rbrtkln
post Nov 12 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,261

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? There are a few things yes. When I want to entertain everyone here, I'll reveal them laugh.gif

What do you think should be the role of a former president? An advisor to the current president. not necessarily to advise on policy which they disagree with, but other things you and I don't see every day.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) The biggest one so no other fish can eat me.

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made? I can't say I've made many good ones, but selling Lucent stock before it became completely worthless was a good decision. And no, I didn't buy it it was given to me. LOL

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? Very rarely

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take? The yacht

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? no

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? Are you saying Obama not going to get reelected? laugh.gif

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… piano

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? I don't have a particular age but I do want to live a long time as long as it comes with generally good health.

--------------------
My Winter 08/09 Snow Tally: 29.1"
My Winter 09/10 Snow Tally: 56.5"
My Winter 10/11 Snow Tally: 54.8"
My Winter 11/12 Snow Tally: 5.7"
My Winter 12/13 Snow Tally: 20.9"
My Winter 13/14 Snow Tally: 58.8"
My Winter 14/15 Snow Tally: 0.25"

12-12-14 - 0.25"

Everything Else- The most fun you can have with your clothes on. For Real! Not kidding!

+Quote Post
Maw
post Nov 12 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,971

Thanks so much for the questions, CM. And you posted them in a timely fashion! What a great example. smile.gif

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe. ~Maw

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? If there were enough space and time, I could recount the times where I said the absolute wrong thing and the absolute wrong time. Those stories would bring anyone to tears through laughter. I can't help it - my awful timing is a gift... I guess. blink.gif

What do you think should be the role of a former president? I like what Jimmy Carter has done with his ex-presidency. He wasn't a very good president, but he sure has helped out the world after he was done serving as one.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) A great white shark, of course.

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made? Marrying Paw.

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? Yes, I do. Once in a while, it pays off.

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take? I'll take the motor home. Boats are money pits - even brand new ones.

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? Yes - If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? I guess any "lame-duckness" gives time for transition. Not much gets done during that time typically.

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… A bunch of violins.

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? I'll say 85. I want to live long enough to get to know my grandchildren. I can't wait to meet them. If they are 1/2 as awesome as my kids, I'll be doing ok.

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Nov 12 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,048

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for?
No

Whatever he/she wants to do

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…)
I dunno. Something cute

No

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take?
Motor home. I live by no bodies of water

No

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why?

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one…
Cello

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought?
No

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
Apologistnky
post Nov 12 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 23,191

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? yes...

What do you think should be the role of a former president? As the villian in the upcoming Batman sequel...think of it; George W. as the Riddler or...Bill Clinton as Two-Face Harvey...or even the late Ronald Regan as Ra's al Ghul.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) Koi...just another excuse to be at Chinese restaurant...me like Chinese food...

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made? to allow Christ to be Lord over my finances

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? Depends on the product I'm buying...

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take? the motorhome...cover more ground that way

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? all the time...except none of them are mine...hehehe

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? both are worse...the split Congress because they do nothing but bicker and the lame-duck Pres is more concerned with creating a legacy than effective leadership.

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… Piano...so versatile in range and emotiveness

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? I will live to be 100...which will pretty much insure that I'll outlive everyone I know...and then some. and of course to be recognized by Willard Scott the 3rd or 4th on the Today Show.

This post has been edited by Apologistnky: Nov 13 2010, 12:37 AM

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Nov 12 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 22,154

Maw's Friday questions week 146
-Asked by guest writer CMeyers

My hair in my high school pics wacko.gif

Stay out of the limelight and write books. Here's your chance to explain your decisons. And if another administration requests your assistance with something, do it gladly but you had your turn so keep quiet. In other words, just what Bush is doing now.

Dolphin, so I can get pampered and taken care of and do cute tricks that everybody loves.

What was the best monetary decision you've ever made?
I'll get back to you on that.

Never

Motor Home! wub.gif

None

Split Congress is better for the country IMO because they'll ballance each other out and one Party won't hold a monopoly on major decisions.

A clarinet can bring me to tears and I don't cry easily.

Ninety if I haven't contracted a major illness and am still mobile. Earlier if I can no longer take care of myself and it's the general concensus of my family that I should go peacefully or they'll do it for me. I'm not one for hanging around when I ain't wanted.

Great Questions, thank you!

This post has been edited by wingsovernc: Nov 12 2010, 05:42 PM

--------------------

"If you can't see it from space then it ain't worth doing"

~Christmas light extravaganza devotee
(can also be applied to any serious undertaking
throughout life)

+Quote Post
jericko
post Nov 12 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 18,044

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? Yes.

What do you think should be the role of a former president? Public speaker for whatever cause(s) they most care about.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) Shellfish, because like a whale it's not a real fish, but you didn't say I couldn't choose it.

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made? Buying a house

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? SCAM

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take? motor home

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? No

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? Worse than what? Although I've always been of the opinion that the less legislatures accomplish, the better.

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… Flute

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? I like to be surprised.

+Quote Post
dark30
post Nov 13 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,653

Jesus is coming

Depends on the president

A 25 foot great white shark...boy would I have fun at the beach lol!

Getting a job

Sometimes...but shouldn't they stand behind the product anyway?

I could sell either one smile.gif

patents pending right now

Huh?

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one

My son playing the piano.

I don't know the plan. Completely idle until then.

--------------------
Onward Through The Fog

+Quote Post
mmm...bacon...
post Nov 15 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 19,553

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? Yes. I think that Sasquatches (bigfoots) have the ability to open portals in the space/time contimum and are interdimensional beings by nature, and that is why finding evidence is so difficult.

What do you think should be the role of a former president? Late night talk show host.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) Any type of whale.

What was the best monetary decision you've ever made? Not be a drain on society and pay off debt.

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? Yes I have, but now consider them to be a rip-off.

If I offered you either a nice yacht or a nice motor home for free which would you take? A motorhome, because yacht people...

Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? Yes, I invented the internet too.

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? LD Pres. its good to have a strong pres, but it SHOULD be hard to get things through congress, that what helps ensure that only the better ideas are put into law.

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… I was once severly beaten with a tuba, it made me sad.

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? Nope. Probably don't want to get too old though, alot of times it seems the misery levels really spike there at the end...

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Nov 17 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,542

The way I talk to our dog...like he is going to answer me.

Look at George Bush Sr. or Jr.; they have the "former president" thing down pat. Gentlemen and good will ambassadors for the office of the president and the nation as well.

A-BIG-MOUTH-BASS.
Voracious appetite, will eat anything not bigger than themselves, puts up a great fight and hey...it’s got one heck of a big mouth.

Starting my 401k at a very young age. I could have retired 10 years ago if I wanted to live frugally.

Almost never, no. In general it is a waste of money.

Everything being equal, I would take the yacht. Less depreciation (or so I assume)

Um, no. Though I have invented numerous parts to make a 4th generation F-body qo quicker than normal. But no, I never patented any of them...

Yes. The government that governs least governs best. Look at the widespread destruction that this unchallenged government has accomplished in less than two years. The party in power had no one that could check their extremism and look what happened? Government mandated health care that the majority of the nation simply did not want. Yet it was forced down their collective throats regardless what the citizenry wanted.

The violin.

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to?

Some where near Methuselah’s age would be ok with me. smile.gif

If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought?

Not really in my hands...that is in Jehovah's hands. I do almost everything I can do to be as healthy as possible. But if Jesus were to return today I would live for ever....
So at the end of the day, it is not really in my hands how long I live.

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Nov 17 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,471

I think the moon landing was faked
They should form a council, the league of former presidents, tuesday is contract bridge night, and thursday is potluck matlock night
A robofish, because everything is made better with robotics
Umm, my laptop I guess, it sees a lot of use for school and internets and was well worth the money
I did for my lappy, just extra accidental damage insurance since I'm pretty clumsy
I'll take the yacht for sure, I'm married to the sea
I'm attempting to patent waffles (patent pending)
I think we should utilize a split-duck / lame congress style government, because Mordok wills it so
Depends on what emotion you're goin for, violins can produce a somber mood, drums can get me motivated and any instrument played by Nikelback unleashes the furyHave you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought?
Not really, I would like to be around through my sixties I think

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Nov 20 2010, 05:08 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,395

Is there anything that you absolutely, certainly and without a doubt are sure of that many other people would laugh at you for? Positive. laugh.gif

What do you think should be the role of a former president? Bush II doing a pretty good job of it right now.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? Why? (If anyone says any type of whale you get banned…) Carp, that way I could be a 'bottom dweller' and get away with it! laugh.gif

What was the best monetary decision you’ve ever made? Listening to Glenn Beck and pulling everything I had out of the markets in Jan of 2008

Do you ever spend the money to buy extended warranty protection on products? No

Motor Home
Do you hold any patents? If so, for what? Nope

Is a split congress and/or a lame-duck president better or worse for the nation (regardless of which parties are involved) in your opinion? Why? Yes, it keeps disasters like this past one from happening! Less done is always better when dealing with Congress.

What musical instrument draws the most emotional reaction from you? Voice seems like it should count in this one… Guitar or piano.

Have you considered a particular age you plan to/want to live to? If so, are you planning specifically to reach that point or is it more of an idle thought? As old as possible, no plans

This post has been edited by wxdude1964: Nov 20 2010, 06:11 AM

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 02:02 AM