Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can you turn off images?
SEMIweather
post Dec 2 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

From the Dec. 12-15 Plains/MW/GL/OV Storm Thread.

QUOTE(WeatherMonger @ Dec 2 2010, 03:48 PM) *
Since it is being discussed a bit about the board traffic going crazy, I just want to ask real quick.

Is there any way to turn imaging off in the quoted portion of replies? It gets really hard to follow on phones when a 7 image post is quoted 4-5 different times on the same page. Don't want to turn all imaging off though. Winter threads seem to get the most imaging applied to them.

Thanks and sorry for straying off topic, been wanting to ask for awhile just wasn't sure where to get the answer.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Dec 2 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(jdrenken @ Dec 2 2010, 05:56 PM) *
You're fine.

Our general rule of thumb from last winter is we will turn off attachments once our 'active users' gets up there...and we're far from it.

In the meantime, please be sure not to reply to post with more than 2 images w/o taking out the image link or attachment.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
WeatherMonger
post Dec 2 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,113

QUOTE(jdrenken @ Dec 2 2010, 05:56 PM) *
You're fine.

Our general rule of thumb from last winter is we will turn off attachments once our 'active users' gets up there...and we're far from it.

In the meantime, please be sure not to reply to post with more than 2 images w/o taking out the image link or attachment.

Yeah, I remeber last year, which was my first. It really got crazy when East coast was getting slammed storm after storm. Miller B's or something I think they were called.

I'd say 80% of my posting/viewing is done on my phone and when people reply to a post(I'm by no means discouraging multiple imaging in an OP's posting) with several images on it with a single word reply or just an emoticon it really slows down on phones.

I'm not trying to reinvent the thermometer, just want to make sure I have it calibrated to my needs. I have noticed, and not sure exactly why it does it, that when you reply to some posts with images the imaging code is not included in that posters quote. But as you stated, I do try to either remove the image code altogether or just leave the one I am referencing when I do include one. Always though of it as a posters etiquette if you will.

Anyhow, no harm no foul, just have to learn how to hack my works wifi account without being seen on it, really gets bad on 3G or worse yet egde ohmy.gif

Thanks to you as well SEMI for moving this here, oddly enough I've never strayed far from the current US weather forum. Took me a bit to find this section

This post has been edited by WeatherMonger: Dec 2 2010, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
WolfSpider
post Dec 4 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 24,502

Would it be possible to go into your phone settings and turn images off?

--------------------
My Weather Blog: http://usweather50.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 10:19 PM