Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Men vs. Women, Questions, answers ,opinions,
Lostangel43
post Dec 8 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,381

Ok Men are from mars, and women are from venus so it's said. I don't care how old you are,there are still things we don't understand about the opposite sex, so this thread is to kinda give everyone some idea about what others opinions are on subjects to maybe give us a little more insight,

I'll start and it maybe just petty stuff but the other night, Earlier we were talking and goofin and told him to kiss my big fat well you know the rest...anyway awhile later not in a bad way he was refering to how he loved being with me and decribed me as being fat...... not in a bad way... but he used that word now all the women I know would not be very happy if their significant othe used that term be it good or bad to describe them?????? he said because I descibed myself earlier with that word he didn't think it would offend me and he wasn't like saying it in a bad way..... so whats the general opinion on this.....

--------------------

Got my coffee,
Got my ciggarettes
Got my computer
And took my prozac
It's gonna be a great day!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Dec 8 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,048

In my opinion, if we were playing like you were and I called a certain body part of mine fat, in jest, it's not an opening for him to call me fat even if he meant it nicely.

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
jacksonville
post Dec 8 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,964

A dangerous subject. Men do not think like a woman, thank God. All men know, but may not admit it, that all women are crazy some just more crazy then others. Women make up the rules as they go along, so sometimes it may be ok to say some thing but the next time its' not. I 'm sure I'll catch flak for this but I didn't start it.

+Quote Post
Not Firewalled
post Dec 8 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,678

QUOTE(jacksonville @ Dec 8 2010, 10:26 AM) *
A dangerous subject. Men do not think like a woman, thank God. All men know, but may not admit it, that all women are crazy some just more crazy then others. Women make up the rules as they go along, so sometimes it may be ok to say some thing but the next time its' not. I 'm sure I'll catch flak for this but I didn't start it.

That is a horrible generalization. That is just like saying all women know that men are stupid.

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

+Quote Post
Lostangel43
post Dec 8 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #5

Women are crazy because men make them that way LOL ! but seriously Has nobody ever seen tv programs or the commercial where the wife asks the husband if this dress or whatever makes her butt look big or makes her look fat? and he starts to say the wrong thing and winds up sleeping on the couch?

--------------------

Got my coffee,
Got my ciggarettes
Got my computer
And took my prozac

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Dec 8 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,048

QUOTE(Not Firewalled @ Dec 8 2010, 11:14 AM) *
That is a horrible generalization. That is just like saying all women know that men are stupid.

Agreed

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
Demon
post Dec 8 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,141

QUOTE(Not Firewalled @ Dec 8 2010, 11:14 AM) *

Are you sure? Men are simple. We have 3 F's that represents our needs. Feed, Fight and er Reproduce. =)

QUOTE(Lostangel43 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:39 AM) *
Women are crazy because men make them that way LOL ! but seriously Has nobody ever seen tv programs or the commercial where the wife asks the husband if this dress or whatever makes her butt look big or makes her look fat? and he starts to say the wrong thing and winds up sleeping on the couch?

ITs because the question is loaded. You say yes and bam the girl is offended and you have a fight. and when you say No the girl know that you are lying.

This post has been edited by Demon: Dec 8 2010, 01:50 PM

--------------------
I am a Player and a Winner, I am a Saint and a Sinner. I am a Maker and a Taker. I am a Heartbreaker!

+Quote Post
Lostangel43
post Dec 8 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Demon @ Dec 8 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Are you sure? Men are simple. We have 3 F's that represents our needs. Feed, Fight and er Reproduce. =)

Thats cute and all Demon but seriously we all have feelings and a little common sense, if not common sense half a brain.... we know what words are unflatttering....

--------------------

Got my coffee,
Got my ciggarettes
Got my computer
And took my prozac

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Dec 8 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 20,778

QUOTE(Lostangel43 @ Dec 8 2010, 12:39 PM) *

This has got to be one of the most assinine situations. If you don't want an honest answer don't ask the question. My girl knows that if she asks me this question that I am going to answer her honestly. She also understands that I am not answering with any intended malice or ill will. Isn't the honest answer what you ladies are looking for? Won't that answer help you decided whether or not to wear the item in question? Isn't that the intended goal?

To get angry over an honest answer is illogical. If the question was not asked with honesty and sincerity than the answerer logically is the party that has a right to be angry.

--------------------
QUOTE(Apologistnky @ Nov 4 2010, 10:57 PM) *
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
jacksonville
post Dec 8 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #10

I love this subject, let's have some fun

+Quote Post
Demon
post Dec 8 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Lostangel43 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Thats cute and all Demon but seriously we all have feelings and a little common sense, if not common sense half a brain.... we know what words are unflatttering....

that is true and guys do to..there have been times when we act before think of things. i think everyone makes mistakes.

instead of brooding and being angry just tell him of what you think of what he told you and if he sees it that he was wrong then he will apologize and will be careful next time.

QUOTE(jacksonville @ Dec 8 2010, 12:04 PM) *
I love this subject, let's have some fun

Sovolis is one step ahead of ya =)

This post has been edited by Demon: Dec 8 2010, 02:13 PM

--------------------
I am a Player and a Winner, I am a Saint and a Sinner. I am a Maker and a Taker. I am a Heartbreaker!

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Dec 8 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Demon @ Dec 8 2010, 01:10 PM) *
instead of brooding and being angry just tell him of what you think of what he told you and if he sees it that he was wrong then he will apologize and will be careful next time.

I have a better idea. Tell the women (in the "does my butt look big" scenario) to stop being passive aggressive in her attempt to fish for a compliment or fight. Unless the intended purpose of the question is to assertain information to make an informed decision about whether or not to wear an item of clothing, the question (and in turn the asker) are disingenuous.

--------------------
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
Demon
post Dec 8 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Dec 8 2010, 12:16 PM) *
I have a better idea. Tell the women (in the "does my butt look big" scenario) to stop being passive aggressive in her attempt to fish for a compliment or fight. Unless the intended purpose of the question is to assertain information to make an informed decision about whether or not to wear an item of clothing, the question (and in turn the asker) are disingenuous.

Btw was the "Tell the women " was it reffering to me because i thought your responce was genious, as wel showed you understand the situation very well. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lostangel43
post Dec 8 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #14

the commercial was just an example, the actual deal was he couldn't understand why it was ok for me to decribe myself as fat but for him it was not........

--------------------

Got my coffee,
Got my ciggarettes
Got my computer
And took my prozac

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Dec 8 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Lostangel43 @ Dec 8 2010, 01:24 PM) *
the commercial was just an example, the actual deal was he couldn't understand why it was ok for me to decribe myself as fat but for him it was not........

I understand that. From the information you have given about your response I don't see you as being in the wrong. For your situation the context is what is important. However, I also don't think he should be crucified for it. He just needs to learn some tact.

I realize the commercial is just an example and it is a good example of how people (not just women) are irrational, illogical and emotional creatures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Dec 8 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 22,154

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Dec 8 2010, 01:58 PM) *
This has got to be one of the most assinine situations. If you don't want an honest answer don't ask the question. My girl knows that if she asks me this question that I am going to answer her honestly. She also understands that I am not answering with any intended malice or ill will. Isn't the honest answer what you ladies are looking for? Won't that answer help you decided whether or not to wear the item in question? Isn't that the intended goal?

To get angry over an honest answer is illogical. If the question was not asked with honesty and sincerity than the answerer logically is the party that has a right to be angry.

No

--------------------

The heart isn't blind, it just sees what it wants to see.

Earl Thomas Conley, "Nobody Falls Like A Fool"

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Dec 8 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Dec 8 2010, 01:43 PM) *
No

If that isn't the intended goal than the asker is being passive aggressive and disingenuous by asking a question that can not possibly result in a satisfactory answer for the intent of the question, but can only result in a satisfactory answer to the actual question being asked.

Logic dictates that the asker can not be angry about recieving a satisfactory answer to the question, because the asker gave no indication of the intent. However, the answerer can (and should) get angry over being manipulated by the other person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Dec 8 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Demon @ Dec 8 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Sovolis is one step ahead of ya =)

I am not one step ahead of him. IMO his original post in this topic was a gross generalization and sexist.

This post has been edited by Sovolis: Dec 8 2010, 03:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Demon
post Dec 8 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Dec 8 2010, 01:02 PM) *
I am not one step ahead of him. IMO his original post in this topic was a gross generalization and sexists.

what i ment was that you are already in a heated debate with the opposite faction which i find the word "fun". i know what he ment by that sentence and didnt take him serious.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksonville
post Dec 8 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #20

I made my first comment in jest, to a certain extent. I hope everyone doesn't take this to seriously. Us guys know what we have to say, to stay out of the doghouse, most of the time. No of course your butt doesn't look fat.

This post has been edited by jacksonville: Dec 8 2010, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 09:10 PM