Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Traffic Reports"- Up to the minute updates (sometimes), Avoid the congestion, smash-ups, and road rage.
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 06:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,866

Traffic Reports:

You can check for updates on the heavily traveled Mid Atl/NE and MW/OV/GL corridors.

See what the traffic is like in your own particular area, before you arrive.

If there has been an 'accident' or 'smash-up' then you can easily re-route your commute.

When there is severe weather, tropical development, or even an 'ice-storm', hear about here ...first.

When you don't know what is your best 'route' for the day..then check-in for advice...or leave directions.

Or just stop in to get a quick overview of the 'maze' of the forum highways and by-ways.

(Disclaimer: Limited coverage of the 'unimportant' roads like 'Games', 'HMargusty', Climate Change, and other various obstacles)

This post has been edited by idecline: Feb 28 2011, 04:03 AM

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Feb. 1st, 2011

Quick update;

As of 6:39 EST there were 430 users: 348 guests, 81 members, and 1 'anonymous' member...

Moderators spotted: jdrenken, and SEMIweather

Busy threads; Jan. 29- Feb. 2 Plains/MV/GL/OV Blizzard OBSand , first thing that comes to mind(?)

Back later as morning commute will be picking up soon and we have no reporters yet...

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

+Quote Post
The Day After To...
post Feb 1 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,541

I could be a reporter!

--------------------
My blog, Nor'easter Warn (N'EW)

N'EW BLOG
Proud to have over 7,000 viewers, with over 13,000 blog views!
Spring Forecast: March 15

"AS THE 48+HR TIME FRAME IS NOT EXACTLY THE NAM`S WHEELHOUSE"
-NWS Discussion

STORM ALERT

+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 1 2011, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,641

I am certain you can do as well if not better than some

--------------------
oh smeg

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(The Day After Tommorow @ Feb 1 2011, 06:47 AM) *
I could be a reporter!

You are hired! (Compensation only in the form of 'Forum' CREDS)

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
The Day After To...
post Feb 1 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(idecline @ Feb 1 2011, 07:16 AM) *
You are hired! (Compensation only in the form of 'Forum' CREDS)

Thank you! So I just report on the forum traffic, what the active threads are, what SuperMods and Admins are on, and stuff?

This post has been edited by The Day After Tommorow: Feb 1 2011, 07:25 AM

--------------------

N'EW BLOG

-NWS Discussion

STORM ALERT

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(The Day After Tommorow @ Feb 1 2011, 07:19 AM) *
I know. Thank you! So I just report on the forum traffic, what the active threads are, what SuperMods and Admins are on, and stuff?

Sure...whatever you like....

Something interesting about a forum thread that others might not see unless you 'report' on it.

Or an 'accident' on the threads, kind of like 'gossip'.

Anything else that is interesting, funny, or unique would be good.

Live Update:

Idecline is breaking in to report we have hired a new reporter- "The Day After Tommorow" (yes he is only 12, so we can't allow him to work during school hours, late at night weekdays, or anytime his parents say so)

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
The Day After To...
post Feb 1 2011, 07:35 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(idecline @ Feb 1 2011, 07:27 AM) *
Sure...whatever you like....

Something interesting about a forum thread that others might not see unless you 'report' on it.

Or an 'accident' on the threads, kind of like 'gossip'.

Anything else that is interesting, funny, or unique would be good.

Live Update:

Idecline is breaking in to report we have hired a new reporter- "The Day After Tommorow" (yes he is only 12, so we can't allow him to work during school hours, late at night weekdays, or anytime his parents say so)

I'm on the forums after 9 usually on weeknights!

Special Report
-The Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Plains/MW/GL/OV Blizzard OBS thread has reached 5,722 posts!
-The two most active threads in the "Current Weather" section are the thread mentioned above, and the Feb 1-3 MidAtl/NE Winter Storm OBS thread.
-We currently have 590 Users on, including 466 Guests, 121 Members, and 3 'Anonymous' Users on the forum. (As of a few minutes ago)

--------------------

N'EW BLOG

-NWS Discussion

STORM ALERT

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(The Day After Tommorow @ Feb 1 2011, 07:35 AM) *
I'm on the forums after 9 usually on weeknights!

Okay, you can set the hours, except don't let anything keep you from your studies, athletics, and fun.

Update; Saturday set a new record for users: Most users ever online was 1,524 on Jan 30 2011, 09:53 PM

It looks like we will be setting records for observers and for the weather they are observing...!!

This post has been edited by idecline: Feb 1 2011, 07:54 AM

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #10

Traffic is picking up on all avenues....

There is 742 online users: 582 guests, 159 members, and that 1 anonymous member(same one?)

The Mid Atl/NE threads both current OBS and 1-7 days threads are humming with busy traffic.

The heavily traveled Plains/MW/OV/GL corridor is also bumper to bumper, especially with their urgency to know.

EE and games traffic has also picked up with wingsovernc ready to coordinate the traffic from her end.

All in all it looks like a very busy day no matter where your travels take you....

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 1 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #11

Traffic update:

833 online users as of 9:25 EST-656 guests, 176 members, and that 1 elusive anonymous member.

Traffic is even heavier on the Plains/MW/OV/GL corridor, with the bad weather quickly approaching.

Games is full of activity due to the usual high 'exchange' rate of team W (wings and wx).

Congratulations to wings after her week on 'Post Watchers' she has become a 'biggest loser' in post trends, she is no longer tipping the scales at the top of the post heap, and is trying to 'pace' wx so that she doesn't surpass him too soon.

On a negative note, the forlorn, girlfriend-troubled Snowstorms has been leading the way in daily posts, maybe an offshoot of his recent conversations with wings.

On the lighter side, the EE 24/7 Internet Cafe has had a successful Grand Opening, and is doing well.

Everyone be prepared for heavy traffic, possible extreme driving conditions, and generally tough going.

Updates may be provided by our 'cracked' staff throughout the day.....or feel welcome to provide your own 'personal' traffic update....

Idecline is off until Saturday night...so until then...buckle up...it's going to be a bumpy ride...

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
The Day After To...
post Feb 1 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #12

Special Report
-The Accuweather Forums have passed 1000 users.
-There are currently 1044 Users on, 807 guests, 234 members, and 3 'Anonymous' users.

--------------------

N'EW BLOG

-NWS Discussion

STORM ALERT

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Feb 1 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 22,154

QUOTE(idecline @ Feb 1 2011, 06:34 AM) *
Traffic Reports:

You can check for updates on the heavily traveled Mid Atl/NE and MW/OV/GL corridors.

See what the traffic is like in your own particular area, before you arrive.

If there has been an 'accident' or 'smash-up' then you can easily re-route your commute.

When there is severe weather, tropical development, or even an 'ice-storm', hear about here ...first.

When you don't know what is your best 'route' for the day..then check-in for advice...or leave directions.

Or just stop in to get a quick overview of the 'maze' of the forum highways and by-ways.

(Disclaimer: Limited coverage of the 'unimportant' roads like 'Games', 'HMargusty', Climate Change, and other various obstacles)

I hate for my first post in the new thread to have negative overtones but I must take issue with
the above disclaimer in which Idee refers to the Games forums as "unimportant." Are you
kidding me? Some of your top posters are in there! Why you yourself have built a name for
yourself in those very threads (what that name is exactly, I just don't feel comfortable in
sharing right now)! Many, many people have whiled away many enjoyable hours (from work
as well as home) that they would not otherwise have had. Some just drop in a few times
and are never heard from again but we have many return visitors as well as quite a few
that just like to come in, look around for awhile and then leave. All are welcome and made
to feel comfortable....yes, even you idee. laugh.gif Sorry...can't help myself.

And for Daniel (The Day After Tomorrow), good job....keep up the good work! smile.gif

--------------------

You don't lose friends, because real friends can never be lost. You lose
people masquerading as friends, and you're better for it.

~Mandy Hale

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Feb 2 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 13,204

I lost sight of my Weather Rock under the snow.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Feb 2 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #15

It is 3:04 am and for the 4th night in a row (actually, that's specualtion because I've lost count)
I am awake when I should be deep in slumber as the clock is set for 5:30. Nevertheless, here
I am on my first reporting assignment and I'll to do my 3:04 am best.

Guests on line: 150
Members: 49
Anonymous: 0
Members that I know on line: 1 (aaastinkie who's over in the weather threads somewhere)

Osiris was here briefly but only to comment on ipods

Which brings us to O's girlfriend, our sweet 'Lil C who's been having major gum problems
for the past few days. She went to the dentist on Monday who just basically told her to eat
soft foods and come back in three weeks. So she'll continue to hurt for a few more weeks
and I will hurt along with her. Her full report can be seen in the Journal thread in the
Games section and she would appreciate any well wishes if you care to leave any there.
She'll be off the next few days but tries to keep us updated in the Journal.

Things are decidedly not hopping in here tonight. 4 guests in EE and only 1 in the Games
with me being the only member this moment.

Cracker, who I know is at work tonight, is MIA for some reason. Could be that with idecline
and 'Lil C gone, she just doesn't see a reason to be here. It would certainly add to the fun
if she were.

As usual, most folks are in the weather threads, checking the progress of the big storm,
possibly the biggest of the season, moving across the Northeast right now. This reporter
will let you do your own investigation there as I still understand little about models and
other weather-related information and anything I could say on the subject would just
painfully point that out.

That's all I have now. I think I'll take one more look around and then try to catch a few
more winks of sleep.

Night reporter Wings signing off....

--------------------

~Mandy Hale

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 2 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #16

Thanks to our wonderful reporters ....Wings and Daniel...you are doing an excellent job.

Sorry wings about the slight to Games and EE in my original blog.......It was sarcasm....as usual...I guess I confuse you...

Just don't take anything I say too seriously......I always have a very sarcastic, biting sense of humor....

I was actually trying to be facetious in the original Traffic Reports thread-starter just to be obtuse and make fun of us 'frivolous' posters while the 'real' action takes place on all of the 'weather' threads.

I appreciate everyone who comes on the EE and games, and only joke about us to keep the 'serious' people at bay.

Thanks everyone for your participation in the fun.

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Feb 2 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(idecline @ Feb 2 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Thanks to our wonderful reporters ....Wings and Daniel...you are doing an excellent job.

Sorry wings about the slight to Games and EE in my original blog.......It was sarcasm....as usual...I guess I confuse you...

Just don't take anything I say too seriously......I always have a very sarcastic, biting sense of humor....

I was actually trying to be facetious in the original Traffic Reports thread-starter just to be obtuse and make fun of us 'frivolous' posters while the 'real' action takes place on all of the 'weather' threads.

I appreciate everyone who comes on the EE and games, and only joke about us to keep the 'serious' people at bay.

Thanks everyone for your participation in the fun.

Idecline...we really must recognize in each other our similar senses of humor. I knew that
signature was a part of your dry and ironic wit as I hoped you would see the same in my
commentary on it. I took no offense but thoroughly enjoyed taking "umbrage" at your
expense....."fake offense" is something I excell at. I think we both had fun with that one
and I go now to see if I can get you to ban me so I can return the favor! tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

~Mandy Hale

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 6 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #18

Feb. 5th, 2011

The roads of the Forums are almost completely empty. After all the big storms in the nation people are just burnt out from following the threads.
It is like the night before Christmas but it is the night before our 'cultural' day of 'worship'.
The day when we all gather around our TV's to watch million dollar micro-seconds of consumerisms best 'offers' entreating us to purchase "Mass quantities".

It's Super Bowl Sunday

In the meanwhile....it will be a slow couple of days on Forums and EE.

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
idecline
post Feb 6 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #19

1:38 am PST

We are down to 84 users online, with 75 guests and only 9 members on the forums.....

Those of you 'traveling' to the Super Bowl should find that 'online' traffic is slow and should continue at reduced levels all day Sunday.

Please do not be upset about the lack of activity, weather takes a backseat to football for one Sunday.

Update: We are still in the midst of an unusual 'off-shore' wind event here in Santa Cruz...

It is still 70F at 1:40am PST with 15-20 mph N/NE winds bringing dry, warm air down to the coast.

Sorry...we will be close to 80F tomorrow....only about 50 degrees warmer than much of the country...

--------------------
Perception is everything

+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 6 2011, 09:49 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 20,641

Is anyone going to post the scores for the info challenged?

--------------------
oh smeg

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:09 AM