Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And now for something new -- Earth Alerts
KakaduDreamer
post Feb 15 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,496

I'm the developer of a Windows-based application called Earth Alerts. It started off as an attempt to do a freeware version of what InterWarn and similar applications do by providing location-based weather alert information. That was nearly two years ago. In recent months I have expanded beyond that to also let you track earthquakes, volcanic activity, tsunamis, hurricanes, and virtually any other act of nature, both within the United States and worldwide. While it shares similarities to InterWarn and WeatherBug in some ways, I like to think of Earth Alerts as being subtantially more than "just another weather alert / forecast" application.

It's still a work in progress, and is always being improved one way or another. Also, this is a freeware application and will always be. I invite you to take a look at it and if you enjoy it, drop me a line and share it with your other like-minded (geeky) friends:

http://earthalerts.manyjourneys.com

Cheers,
Matt ('EA Programmer')
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:12 AM