Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joe Bastardi Departs AccuWeather 2/21/11, Forecaster had 'Distinguished 32 Year Career'
idecline
post Apr 8 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #261

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,866

QUOTE(FlyingGuy @ Apr 7 2011, 06:19 AM) *
Well after hitting the WeatherBell site for several weeks now, one thing is clear: JB's staying clear of his constant AGW focus that made his AccuWx columns not worth reading anymore. Not sure I've seen a single mention of AGW there at all.

That sure is interesting. As is his present focus on providing his services to hedge funds and commodities speculators, pretty much the worst economic pirates in this country as well as the rest of the planet.

I don't know Eliot's or Paul's or Henry's politics, and I like it that way. JB is a Tea Party guy, a Fox News zombie, pro-corporate predation yet pro-Jesus, anti-environmentalism, etc. Couple that with his endless yammering about climate change as a conspiracy / hoax, and you have the complete Far Right Wing Package ™.

As a scientist, I'm all for skepticism, but I'm all for the Precautionary Principle, too. Joe refused to consider the PP and chose to feed the Fat White Guy on A Couch Watching Fox News 24/7 with just enough substantiation of unproven BS to make him dangerous.

That's my $0.02.

+ .02 Finally...someone said what I dare not!

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:27 PM