Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Temperature and Humidity problems
radioman
post Mar 16 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 3,267

I got something going on that is kinda crazy. For the last week or so and the sun finally shines here in NW Ohio for a few hours in the afternoon, the outdoor temperature will shoot up to 10 or more degrees than what it really is (wireless unit) and the outdoor humidity reading will go blank (nothing but ---- on the display). Wind speed and direction work fine so I'm guess there is no problem with the outdoor unit sending data to the console.

As I am typing this the real outdoor temp is; 50 but the Davis wireless is transmitting 61. There is also no outdoor humidity reading. The time right now is; 7:30pm EDT. The problem started around 1:00pm. I also just noticed the system recorded a -39 degree temp at 5:49pm.

I'm guessing it *may* have something to do with the angle of the sun in the sky this time of the year. I *think* this very same thing happened to me last year about this same time.

What is causing no humidity reading, I have know idea. All this will correct itself as sunset arrives. This are no errors being displayed, not even battery being low.

All of this will stop and return to normal when the sun gets at a higher angle in the sky as March ends. At least that is what I remember from last year.

What is going on? Anyone have any ideas?

03/17/11 Update; I found the problem this morning and thought I'd pass it along. The problem was a dirty wet connection under the cover for the Temp and Hum input plug. Mine is located on a tower about 30' in the air. I didn't have any luck trying to get it to work while still mounted to the tower so I removed it. I thought I was going to have to order a new Temp and Hum plate but for some reason I reset the plug one more time and it was working in the house. I then cleaned the socket and the connections and put LOTS of silicone dielectric compound to help keep any moisture out. I also cleaned and used compound in the rest of the sockets. I also replaced the battery and cleaned the rain dipper as long as the unit was easy to work on.

Want to see it in action? Go to; www.fremont-oh-weather.com

With spring storms around the corner, I'm glad it's ready to record it...

This post has been edited by radioman: Mar 17 2011, 01:41 PM

--------------------
Fremont, OH. WX at; www.fremont-oh-weather.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Mar 18 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,672

Try the other forum:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=59.0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 11:23 PM