Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phone scams, Prank phone calls
mr freeze
post Mar 26 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
From: Belle Harbor, Queens N.Y. 11694 (right across Marine Park Bridge)
Member No.: 12,802

Here is an awesome prank call. You will enjoy this one LMAO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjNlwQFlw7o

--------------------
"FOR THE WINTER 2014-15........If the Modoki Nino forms......LOOK OUT! Is it really possible to top last winter?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Mar 27 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmAyyvAcZY

Another wacko scam!

--------------------
"FOR THE WINTER 2014-15........If the Modoki Nino forms......LOOK OUT! Is it really possible to top last winter?

+Quote Post
Beck
post Mar 27 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,931

Soundboard prank calls are the best laugh.gif

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 0.88" (-0.77")
Normal to-date precipitation: 1.65"
Season began July 1st, 2014.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 1.22"

Temecula Weather Pages

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Sep 13 2014, 04:20 PM) *
You're cute when you're whining Becky :)

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Mar 27 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,204

Nigeria calling!

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Mar 27 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCzS0IvIZ4

Another doozy phone scams!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 1 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #6

I am very surprised there hasn't been more activity in this thread. These phone scams are extremely funny. Has anyone listened to any of them? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Valhaz
post Apr 2 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,655

QUOTE(mr freeze @ Apr 1 2011, 10:30 PM) *
I am very surprised there hasn't been more activity in this thread. These phone scams are extremely funny. Has anyone listened to any of them? unsure.gif

The thing is you have to realize most people post on the EE forums due to not being able to surf the majority of the net due to workplace firewalls. I bet these are hilarious but unfortunately most of us cannot listen to them unless we go home and look them up.

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Apr 4 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,778

QUOTE(Valhaz @ Apr 2 2011, 09:00 AM) *
The thing is you have to realize most people post on the EE forums due to not being able to surf the majority of the net due to workplace firewalls. I bet these are hilarious but unfortunately most of us cannot listen to them unless we go home and look them up.

+1

--------------------
QUOTE(Apologistnky @ Nov 4 2010, 10:57 PM) *
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 5 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Apr 4 2011, 09:48 AM) *
+1

I get it! Just thought that most people would be home late at night when they are browsing the Everything Else forum! Isn't this the part of Minnesota where the movie Fargo was set? I loved that movie! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Apr 6 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(mr freeze @ Apr 5 2011, 08:01 PM) *
I get it! Just thought that most people would be home late at night when they are browsing the Everything Else forum! Isn't this the part of Minnesota where the movie Fargo was set? I loved that movie! laugh.gif

Yeah, a good portion of it was set in Brainerd, MN. Very inaccurately, but it was set here. Some examples of inaccuracy; The Blue Ox Bar (a block from my apartment) is not a truck stop and bowling ally, but a rock 'n' roll live music bar and it isn't on 35W. Infact no interstate goes through Brainerd.

Most of the people I know (in greater MN) hate the movie Fargo. They think it makes Minnesotans sound like idiots; the whole time complaining about the movie with an accent that makes them sound like idiots. I love the movie, and have no false ideas about how stupid my accent makes me sound. Thankfully I was raised near the "Twin Cities", so my accent isn't as thick as many people. The further north and more remote you get in MN the thicker the accent. The people of the "Iron Range" really sound like idiots.

--------------------
A squirrel cannot carry the rabies virus... but has no trouble carrying the AK-47 assault rifle or the M72 Light Anti-tank weapon ( LAWS rocket)!! :unsure: :lol:

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 9 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Apr 6 2011, 09:21 AM) *
Yeah, a good portion of it was set in Brainerd, MN. Very inaccurately, but it was set here. Some examples of inaccuracy; The Blue Ox Bar (a block from my apartment) is not a truck stop and bowling ally, but a rock 'n' roll live music bar and it isn't on 35W. Infact no interstate goes through Brainerd.

Most of the people I know (in greater MN) hate the movie Fargo. They think it makes Minnesotans sound like idiots; the whole time complaining about the movie with an accent that makes them sound like idiots. I love the movie, and have no false ideas about how stupid my accent makes me sound. Thankfully I was raised near the "Twin Cities", so my accent isn't as thick as many people. The further north and more remote you get in MN the thicker the accent. The people of the "Iron Range" really sound like idiots.

Thanks for the info! I find it all very informative and interesting. Its always beneficial to hear facts about things such as movies from someone who is so close to the location of where it all took place. Do you have any idea what the name of the highway is where the trooper pulled the thugs over which resulted in the cop being shot and killed?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sovolis
post Apr 11 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(mr freeze @ Apr 9 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Thanks for the info! I find it all very informative and interesting. Its always beneficial to hear facts about things such as movies from someone who is so close to the location of where it all took place. Do you have any idea what the name of the highway is where the trooper pulled the thugs over which resulted in the cop being shot and killed?

Well, since they were supposed to be comming into Brainerd from Fargo, ND I would think it would be Highway 210 (goes straight thru both cities), but I don't know what the movie said if they mentioned the road at all.

If you ever get a chance to watch the special features on the special edition DVD the Cohen Brothers state that part of the joke is that it isn't based on actual event even though they claim it is at the begining of the movie.

This post has been edited by Sovolis: Apr 11 2011, 02:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Apr 11 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 19,327

Anyone see the Wanda Sykes one that was on Prank Yankers? Its the one with the huge piece of human excriment in the back seat of the car hahah

--------------------
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or, give me death!"

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 11 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(drummer182 @ Apr 11 2011, 03:30 PM) *
Anyone see the Wanda Sykes one that was on Prank Yankers? Its the one with the huge piece of human excriment in the back seat of the car hahah

Do you have a link for it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beck
post Apr 11 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Apr 4 2011, 06:48 AM) *
+1

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 0.88" (-0.77")
Normal to-date precipitation: 1.65"
Season began July 1st, 2014.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 1.22"

Temecula Weather Pages

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Sep 13 2014, 04:20 PM) *
You're cute when you're whining Becky :)

+Quote Post
idecline
post Apr 12 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 22,866

QUOTE(Sovolis @ Apr 6 2011, 08:21 AM) *

Yah...you betcha that movie sucks....hey where is the nearest Buffet? eh?

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Apr 12 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(mr freeze @ Apr 11 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Do you have a link for it?

No, just type in "wanda sykes prank yankers call" on youtube and it will come up.

--------------------
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or, give me death!"

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 12 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(drummer182 @ Apr 12 2011, 08:42 AM) *
No, just type in "wanda sykes prank yankers call" on youtube and it will come up.

Now that was some funny stuff!!! The one with the "*bleep*" in the backseat. Was that the one you were referring to?

http://youtu.be/MIYPKs1Z2qU

--------------------

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Apr 12 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(mr freeze @ Apr 12 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Now that was some funny stuff!!! The one with the "*bleep*" in the backseat. Was that the one you were referring to?
http://youtu.be/MIYPKs1Z2qU

that's exactly the one I was referring to! haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Apr 13 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(drummer182 @ Apr 12 2011, 05:49 PM) *
that's exactly the one I was referring to! haha

Yes indeed, that was freaking hilarious. Here is another link for it because the previous link I posted is disabled due to a closed account..............STEAM IS COMING OFF OF IT, THIS IS A FRESH *bleep* LMAO!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/oj3Z_UlSAvM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 05:18 AM