Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> This Forum Is CLOSED, May 1, 2011 - Continue Discussions on Brett's Blog
Brett Anderson
post Apr 27 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: AccuWeather_Employee
Member No.: 12,854

To all the past participants of this forum......

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your participation in this forum. Before this forum came along many of the readers of this blog posted comments directly below the blog and that went on for a few years before Accuweather.com moved it to the forums.

During the earlier years before the forum came along, I personally moderated the comments. There was a great deal of participation and some of the commentary got heated at times, which made it more interesting at times. We had some very good commentary from regular posters on both sides of the issue through the years.

In addition to writing the blog, moderating eventually became very time consuming for me due to the growth, so we transitioned it over to the forums. Once in the forums, the comments were patrolled by the forum moderators. I thank them for their service.

I am personally sad to see that the climate change comments will no longer be in the forums.

I will continue to write the climate change blog, but comments will now run through Facebook, AOL, MSN and Yahoo. I invite those who have reservations about the new way to comment to at least give it a try.

Regards, Brett Anderson.

--------------------
Brett Anderson
Expert senior meteorologist
AccuWeather.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regg
post Apr 29 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #22

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,222

Hello Brett and many thanks for all the effort you put on that subject. It is not an easy task to be bombarded from all the sides when you believe into something so important, and you always keept the place active.

I will continue to read you, but not sure i will get into all the social network stuff just to post a comment.

Have a great summer. Weather wise, it's quite a year. Climate wise it's quite an era.

+Quote Post
idecline
post May 1 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 22,866

Darn it Brett....I just realized that we are all wrong....The planet isn't warming or cooling .....We just need to replace the mal-functioning 'thermostat' that "(Supreme Being of your choice)" set for human living purposes way back when.

So it is all a wash...everyone go home lock your doors and everything will be fine, just don't look out the windows or pay attention to anyone's screams.....

Global Warming is still a "myth" to many....but as History has shown...there is always a core of truth behind any myth....and the hard facts are only going to become more un-denial-able as time marches on....

Thanks Brett for all of your efforts.....

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
Dr. Science
post May 1 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 22,629

QUOTE(idecline @ May 1 2011, 03:52 AM) *
Darn it Brett....I just realized that we are all wrong....The planet isn't warming or cooling .....We just need to replace the mal-functioning 'thermostat' that "(Supreme Being of your choice)" set for human living purposes way back when.

So it is all a wash...everyone go home lock your doors and everything will be fine, just don't look out the windows or pay attention to anyone's screams.....

Global Warming is still a "myth" to many....but as History has shown...there is always a core of truth behind any myth....and the hard facts are only going to become more un-denial-able as time marches on....

Thanks Brett for all of your efforts.....

I think I'm going to hurl... enough with the sentimentality and paeons to Brett. They're *$&$^canning the forum in favor of some social networking b.s.! Thh... that's all, folks! Time to look elsewhere.

+Quote Post
idecline
post May 2 2011, 04:36 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 22,866

QUOTE(Dr. Science @ May 1 2011, 03:19 PM) *
I think I'm going to hurl... enough with the sentimentality and paeons to Brett. They're *$&$^canning the forum in favor of some social networking b.s.! Thh... that's all, folks! Time to look elsewhere.

rolleyes.gif

Oh the horror......some people actually care about others and the world 'we' live in.....Boo Hoo... tongue.gif

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
cyclonebuster
post May 2 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 13,557

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Apr 20 2011, 02:30 PM) *
This decision is not up for debate.

AccuWeather wants users of the major social networks (AOL, Facebook, MSN and Yahoo) to be able to participate without having to sign up for these Forums, which is a lengthy and difficult process. This will bring the number of potential commenters on Brett's blog from the 10,000 here to 1,000,000,000 (1 billion).

Unfortunately, if you don't use one of those services, you will not be able to participate.

This is also being done to more easily moderate and ban users who disrupt the conversations, because people can no longer participate anonymously.

If you don't want to use your personal Facebook account to post a comment on Brett's blog, page admins are also able to post from their Page Name.

I would have to live 10 billions years to read 1 billion posts on Facebook! LOL!

+Quote Post
Dr. Science
post May 2 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 22,629

QUOTE(cyclonebuster @ May 2 2011, 04:04 PM) *
I would have to live 10 billions years to read 1 billion posts on Facebook! LOL!

In the meantime, other forums continue to operate as usual. This is merely another example of what happens when liberals run amok, making arbitrary decisions that are NOT OPEN TO DEBATE (because they say so).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 04:15 PM