Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comparing rain fall for successive years?
solarblast
post Jun 4 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,110

I would like to compare with Pro 2 either rainfall of high temps say for 2011 vs 2000 for each week starting at Jan 1. At best, it looks like I get NOAA per month. However, there seems to be no plotting capability to use the data to put both years on the same graph. Do I need to head for Excel to do this?

I guess I would use Browse to do this, and export days, then work out the rest in Excel. It looks like I might have some header problems importing the txt file into Excel. Comments?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jarron
post Jun 5 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 209

QUOTE(solarblast @ Jun 4 2011, 02:44 PM) *
I would like to compare with Pro 2 either rainfall of high temps say for 2011 vs 2000 for each week starting at Jan 1. At best, it looks like I get NOAA per month. However, there seems to be no plotting capability to use the data to put both years on the same graph. Do I need to head for Excel to do this?

I guess I would use Browse to do this, and export days, then work out the rest in Excel. It looks like I might have some header problems importing the txt file into Excel. Comments?

For Weatherlink: On a plot select Rain, and deselect any other variables that are showing. Select "year" for the plot interval and set the start for January (or whatever you want). On the toolbar select "Plot">"Last Year" (or "Overlay").

Is this sort of what you want? It compares monthly rather than weekly totals for this time period, but selecting line graph rather than the default bar graph may help.

+Quote Post
solarblast
post Jun 6 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,110

QUOTE(Jarron @ Jun 4 2011, 10:43 PM) *
For Weatherlink: On a plot select Rain, and deselect any other variables that are showing. Select "year" for the plot interval and set the start for January (or whatever you want). On the toolbar select "Plot">"Last Year" (or "Overlay").

Is this sort of what you want? It compares monthly rather than weekly totals for this time period, but selecting line graph rather than the default bar graph may help.

I'm having trouble with my station right now. I cannot get it to connect for a download. I repluged the usb connection. Still doesn't work. If I try a plot (icon), it shows nothing. However, I can slide the time around so I can see the most recent data to the last download.

Plot menu has no Year item. Oh, you mean the +?????- in the upper left. Overlay or Last Year do nothing.

See attached for something like I want. I'd like it all on one page with two plots.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:08 AM