Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> July 24 Heavy Thunder storms., July 24 Heavy Thunder storms over Southwestern Ontario.
TriC
post Jul 24 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,973

Well Parts on London are getting hit good again today!! after last nights strong storms today we have flooding in parts of the city as lake breeze convergence is in play today. causeing the storms to sit over parts of the city giving over 100mm of rain..

London - Parkhill - Eastern Middlesex County
5:46 PM EDT Sunday 24 July 2011
Severe thunderstorm warning for
London - Parkhill - Eastern Middlesex County issued

Radar indicated the thunderstorms over the above regions are almost stationary. One cell is located just southwest of London. Another cell is just near and east of alvinston. Rainfall rate of 50 to 75 mm/hr is possible for the next couple of hours.

Severe thunderstorms are imminent or occurring in the area. These storms may produce large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall. Remember that some severe thunderstorms can also produce tornadoes.

Monitor weather conditions and take immediate safety precautions if threatening weather approaches.

Thunderstorm activity has developed over the above regions and is expected to continue this afternoon and evening. Some of these thunderstorms may approach severe limits. Main threats are heavy downpours and strong gusty winds.

This post has been edited by TriC: Jul 24 2011, 06:37 PM

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

Live HD Webcam view from London, Ontario. With Time Lapse Loop.
Click to see current weather conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bwfan
post Jul 24 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 24,399

QUOTE(TriC @ Jul 24 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Well Parts on London are getting hit good again today!! after last nights strong storms today we have flooding in parts of the city as lake breeze convergence is in play today. Causing the storms to sit over parts of the city giving over 100mm of rain..

Yes we got hammered real good for 2 hours. Heavy heavy rains when driving down Highbury Ave off the 401 this afternoon. Traffic was down from 100km/h to 40 km/h.

Some people were pulled over. It's very muggy now and a thick haze is covering the city. Wonder if this is enough fuel for more storms overnight?

+Quote Post
an uncanny otter
post Jul 24 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,142

Essex county had a warning as well tonight - per radar, it looks like areas just south of metro Detroit were hammered tonight, being drenched in a nasty cell for several hours.

Not a drop of rain in Chatham-Kent, though! rolleyes.gif

EC ended all watches and warnings not too long ago, so I'm not holding my breath for any more storms tonight.

This post has been edited by an uncanny otter: Jul 24 2011, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
travis3000
post Jul 24 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,822

There are some storms developing now off Lake Huron and GB.

--------------------
Track winter storms with expert analysis on either one of my two blogs:

http://scglweather.blogspot.com/

Exclusive Southern Ontario Weather Blog

Travis

+Quote Post
HoBOonFiRE
post Jul 25 2011, 07:22 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,813

Just had a few cells go over and those were some of the loudest storms I have ever heard. There must of been lightning strikes one after the other right over top of my house. Its pretty hard to wake me up..

+Quote Post
trancen
post Jul 25 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #6

From: Toronto, On Lake Ontario on my Sailboat, ALL yr long.
Member No.: 14,129

Just about jumped out of my skin this morning when I had a strike near the boat. No question it was less then 1km away. The thunder was deafening.

Not fun to sleep with a 60 ft lightning rod above your head. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 01:31 PM