Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I don't think my family is interested in the weather anymore. <:(, It's affecting my goal as a Meteorologist.
Niyologist
post Jul 29 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,006

My family isn't interested in my weather forecasting anymore. They are concerned with other things and I guess they are going to be restricted in asking me how the weather will be. If they don't want to know, then I won't tell them AT ALL. It's just frustrating that my knowledge of weather is not being fully acknowledged. This isn't just my family, it's the friends I have. They don't see me as very accurate. They doubt my accuracy, which is highly infuriating. How can I increase my accuracy? Is my dream as a Meteorologist going to fail because no doesn't even care to see me succeed in my goal and the fact that my accuracy is mediocre? What should I do?

--------------------
CURRENT IEM/OEM SET: VSonic GR06 (MSRP $59.99), MEElec M-DUO (MSRP $79.99), Beyerdynamic DTX-910 (MSRP $79.99), Ultrasone HFI-450 (MSRP $119.99), JVC HA-FXT90 (MSRP $135.00)

SOURCE: Cowon J3 8GB DAP (WHT)+Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier w/C3 32GB MicroSD Card Class 6

To learn more about Sound Frequency:
http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/re...ain_display.htm

If you need help with choosing the right IEMs (In Ear Monitors)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568...-ie-added-05-20

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jul 29 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(Niyologist @ Jul 29 2011, 09:43 AM) *
My family isn't interested in my weather forecasting anymore. They are concerned with other things and I guess they are going to be restricted in asking me how the weather will be. If they don't want to know, then I won't tell them AT ALL. It's just frustrating that my knowledge of weather is not being fully acknowledged. This isn't just my family, it's the friends I have. They don't see me as very accurate. They doubt my accuracy, which is highly infuriating. How can I increase my accuracy? Is my dream as a Meteorologist going to fail because no doesn't even care to see me succeed in my goal and the fact that my accuracy is mediocre? What should I do?

Other people's reactions should never affect YOUR dreams. Even Jesus wasn't a hero in his own hometown. (Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor.")

My point is not that any of us are even close to Jesus. My point is that sometimes those closest to us don't appreciate our finest qualities. Don't take it personally, it's just humans being humans.

This post has been edited by Maw: Jul 29 2011, 08:54 AM

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
Niyologist
post Jul 29 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Maw @ Jul 29 2011, 09:53 AM) *
Other people's reactions should never affect YOUR dreams. Even Jesus wasn't a hero in his own hometown. (Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor.")

My point is not that any of us are even close to Jesus. My point is that sometimes those closest to us don't appreciate our finest qualities. Don't take it personally, it's just humans being humans.

Thank you. Someone understands this situation. happy.gif

--------------------
CURRENT IEM/OEM SET: VSonic GR06 (MSRP $59.99), MEElec M-DUO (MSRP $79.99), Beyerdynamic DTX-910 (MSRP $79.99), Ultrasone HFI-450 (MSRP $119.99), JVC HA-FXT90 (MSRP $135.00)

SOURCE: Cowon J3 8GB DAP (WHT)+Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier w/C3 32GB MicroSD Card Class 6

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_OHweather2_*
post Jul 30 2011, 02:23 AM
Post #4

Guests

You are 19. Put the "haters" aside (or at least ignore the negative nancys) and go after your dreams. Are you in college yet?

+Quote Post
zaxflaya
post Jul 30 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 22,052

QUOTE(Niyologist @ Jul 29 2011, 08:43 AM) *

Set out to prove them wrong.

+Quote Post
Niyologist
post Jul 30 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jul 30 2011, 03:23 AM) *
You are 19. Put the "haters" aside (or at least ignore the negative nancys) and go after your dreams. Are you in college yet?

I will be in college on August 26th, 2011.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Niyologist
post Jul 30 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(zaxflaya @ Jul 30 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Set out to prove them wrong.

I'm very much prepared to do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Jul 30 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #8

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(Niyologist @ Jul 29 2011, 08:43 AM) *

One of my favorite sayings that I've seen when it comes to weather is...

When a forecast is correct they forget, while when it's wrong they won't let go.

Perfect example is when NYC had an awesome winter, did you warn them about winter storms based on what you were seeing here and various tools you are aware of?

It's a learning process and since you haven't been to college yet you still have a ton of potential to learn specifics.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
Weatherjunkie
post Jul 30 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,252

QUOTE(Niyologist @ Jul 29 2011, 09:43 AM) *

Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

You're young, intelligent, and enthusiastic about what you do. Over the years you will gain experience and an increased knowledge of the field. Keep at it, work hard, and I guarantee that they will ask you for your thoughts and it'll annoy to the point where you'll just yell at them to go to the point and click forecasts.

--------------------
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. ~Arthur C Clarke

It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ~Mark Twain

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. ~Bill Cosby

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. ~Bill Gates

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jul 31 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 13,204

Only the Weather Rock is 100% accurate!

When it is wet - it's raining

When it is too hot to touch - the Sun is out

When it is covered by white stuff - it's snowing

When it is flying through the air - a tornado has struck

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
futureweatherman...
post Jul 31 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,447

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jul 30 2011, 03:23 AM) *

"Dem haters gonna hate"

--------------------

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Oct 17 2010, 02:10 AM) *
i was lclicking on it going pelasejk not nicki minaj m-please not micni minaj hughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+Quote Post
Cracker
post Aug 7 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 20,641

Just because others may have lost enthusiasm, doesn't mean you are wrong. You go!

--------------------
oh smeg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 03:20 PM