Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PC Weather Widget on Win7 - Doesn't Stay Current?
johnwjames5
post Aug 14 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 900

A friend of mine has the weather widget on the Mac, and she watches my weather in San Jose, CA from her home in Windsor, ON. She's constantly on top of it very accurately. I've been Weatherbug user for a long time, used to upload my weather data there, and have always liked their app for the most part, but have finally become too annoyed at the script errors that come up for the ads and such, and finally decided to replace it with something. Since my friend is always up to date on me, why not the AccuWeather widget?

It's cute, it's small, it's transparent, it's got a modern feel - and it's usually wrong. It is seemingly always a long way behind, even at night when I figure the traffic is slower. I have no idea what makes it fetch or not fetch current data, and there are no settings to control the frequency of the fetch, nor is there any indication the last time it tried. I don't know whether it fetches while it's minimized (it should), but I continually open it up, get a very old temp, and sometimes my friend has a different temp yet, but when I check online using the widget to bring up the AccuWeather page, I find I'm way off - maybe hours behind!

I don't know what makes it fetch, where it's fetching from, but something seems very amiss, and while I don't like the scripting errors I got from WeatherBug, at least its data was both current and accurate. Is there some hidden parameter that makes AccuWeather really accurate? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 07:19 PM