Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> looking for a waaarm winter! :-), I love the warmth!
KSpring1
post Oct 2 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,019

smile.gif

Warm Winter

Hello! I began to read this forum during the wonderful winter of early2007 when we had such comfy warm temps here across Virginia.

I loved that winter...we had flowers blooming all year long. The impatiens in the yard bloomed well into December and then in January the first daffodils bloomed!! :-) I remember around New Year's it was so balmy and breezy that I was outside in the evening without a jacket, planting bulbs. It was simply awesome and it really lifted my mood and hopes! Needless to say, I really really really don't like winter. I begin to regret the coming cold already in the summer!

In the years of reading this forum I find it is overwhelmingly populated with people who desperately seem to want cold, cold, cold and wet, wet, wet (snow). Snow makes me feel trapped (here in Virginia it brings everything to a halt) and the cold is painful and depressing. So I would like to start a thread for the perhaps very few us who read this forum looking hopefully and carefully for signs of a warmer than usual winter here along the east coast/mid-atlantic. Are there any others out there?? :-) :-)

Let's start a thread here to talk about hope for warmth, for no snow storms, for dry sunny days in the middle of winter to inspire us on the path to the rebirth of Spring!

Any signs out there of a positive NAO? I'm looking for signs of the formation of a wonderful SE ridge this winter!!

:-) K.

-- This is my first-ever time posting... and I am hoping to receive some encouraging replies (and not anger about not liking cold or snow ...) cool.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fire/Rescue
post Oct 4 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,753

QUOTE(KSpring1 @ Oct 2 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Warm Winter

This is my first-ever time posting... and I am hoping to receive some encouraging replies (and not anger about not liking cold or snow ...) cool.gif

I do enjoy the "Warm" weather as well (for many different reasons) with way to many to comment on, and I get to enjoy these perks for 5 longs months of the year tongue.gif

Now in retrospect, I so enjoy Winter as I am a Snow Lover at heart. Do alot of Snowboarding and such, also enjoy "Ice Fishing" soooooo with all said.....bring on Winters Cold and Snow as we have baked pretty much all Summer long and it's time for a change smile.gif

+Quote Post
KSpring1
post Oct 10 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Fire/Rescue @ Oct 4 2011, 10:27 AM) *
I do enjoy the "Warm" weather as well (for many different reasons) with way to many to comment on, and I get to enjoy these perks for 5 longs months of the year tongue.gif

Now in retrospect, I so enjoy Winter as I am a Snow Lover at heart. Do alot of Snowboarding and such, also enjoy "Ice Fishing" soooooo with all said.....bring on Winters Cold and Snow as we have baked pretty much all Summer long and it's time for a change smile.gif

Hey Fire/Rescue! Thanks for replying!! It seems I may be in the minority on this forum, as almost no one has even looked at the thread! unsure.gif So I'm even more glad to read your comments and try to understand why people actually like the cold! I guess when I was younger (and I'm not old now, just 'older' than I once was! wink.gif ) I enjoyed more outdoor activities as well. Since I live in Virginia, however, we mostly end up with highs in the 40s, cold rain and occasional snow ... not much winter-sport-cold. Might as well be balmy instead. Plus, the older I get (30s), the more I really like being able to walk out the door without having to mummy-wrap in additional clothing!

I'm still hoping to find maybe a few more warm-weather people on this site... are there any more out there? smile.gif

This post has been edited by KSpring1: Oct 10 2011, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
KSpring1
post Nov 29 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Come on guys, seriously? .... Isn't there anyone else out there who hates cold and wants to see a nice warm winter?? Anyone? ......

This post has been edited by KSpring1: Nov 29 2011, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 06:46 PM