Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ecmwf precip forecast?
mreichert78
post Nov 30 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,214

Hello all, I am looking for a site that has the precip or QPF output of the ECMWF model. Hopefully I put this in the right area of the forum. I would like to compare it to the GFS QPF output. If there is not a page that has the euro, then can anyone direct me to a page for another models qpf output for long range (3-12 days out).

Also if there are pages that show the tracks of low pressure to compare it to the GFS that would be nice.

I use this page for the GFS models.

The goal is to have another computer model to compare precip amounts with the GFS. And I frequently read the two longer range models are the GFS and euro. Thanks for your help.

Edited for storm tracks of euro

This post has been edited by mreichert78: Nov 30 2011, 04:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Nov 30 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #2

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(mreichert78 @ Nov 30 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Hello all, I am looking for a site that has the precip or QPF output of the ECMWF model. Hopefully I put this in the right area of the forum. I would like to compare it to the GFS QPF output. If there is not a page that has the euro, then can anyone direct me to a page for another models qpf output for long range (3-12 days out).

Also if there are pages that show the tracks of low pressure to compare it to the GFS that would be nice.

The goal is to have another computer model to compare precip amounts with the GFS. And I frequently read the two longer range models are the GFS and euro. Thanks for your help.

You can obtain qpf output for the Euro via paid services. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
mreichert78
post Nov 30 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Thanks, would you have a link to the pay to view sites for the euro? Also are there any other long range models to compare to the GFS?

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Dec 1 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(mreichert78 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Thanks, would you have a link to the pay to view sites for the euro? Also are there any other long range models to compare to the GFS?

I am aware of two paid services...

Accuweather Pro
Stormvista

Regarding other LR models...how far out are you wanting?

CFS

--------------------

It's a work in progress!

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
mreichert78
post Dec 2 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #5

Something about as far as the GFS, say 6 - 12 days out....I did come across the JMA model. The main purpose is to compare tracks and QPF (if possible) to the GFS.

Thanks JD

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Dec 8 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(mreichert78 @ Nov 30 2011, 02:56 PM) *

Wunderground features the only free OP Euro QPF that I know of.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Dec 9 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(mreichert78 @ Dec 2 2011, 08:19 AM) *
Something about as far as the GFS, say 6 - 12 days out....I did come across the JMA model. The main purpose is to compare tracks and QPF (if possible) to the GFS.

Thanks JD

Here's a good option for the medium ranged guidance.

eWall

As hckyplayer8 showed, wunderground is another.

--------------------

It's a work in progress!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 09:42 PM