Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Temp/Humidity Difference
KennyB
post Dec 7 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,237

Hi All, I'm a newbe to this forum and have a question already.

I just received my Davis Vantage Pro2 Weather Station and I'm setting it up. I have the transmitter sitting on the couch next to the counsel. The temperature and humidity readings are different between the two. The counsel reads 1 degree warmer and 1% humidity lower than the transmitter. Would this be normal?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jarron
post Dec 7 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 209

QUOTE(KennyB @ Dec 7 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Hi All, I'm a newbe to this forum and have a question already.

I just received my Davis Vantage Pro2 Weather Station and I'm setting it up. I have the transmitter sitting on the couch next to the counsel. The temperature and humidity readings are different between the two. The counsel reads 1 degree warmer and 1% humidity lower than the transmitter. Would this be normal?

They're both in specs. I don't remember what the exact specs are off hand, but it it's +/- 1 they could be as much as 2 degrees off. And I think it's quite possible that there may be a slight temperature difference in the console and inside the radiation shield even right next to each other. Do you have them set to show whole degrees (71) or decimal degrees (70.5)? If you have it set to show whole degrees they could be even less apart.

Also I remember Davis says their outdoor and indoor sensors are calibrated differently (though I don't know exactly why), so they warn against comparing them side by side as you're doing. I think that may be in the manual, though I don't remember specifically where.

Welcome to the forum. These weather stations are a lot of fun!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:55 AM