Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I just got a new Weather Radio
nkovatch85
post Dec 22 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 25,595

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone else out there has the Midland All Hazards Weather Alert Radio WR-100. My first question concerns the types of "headlines" that will set it off. I notice there is a light for "warning" "watch" and "advisory". Just curious if it's going to be going off for fog, winter weather and severe summertime weather, too. Also, has anyone had any problems with it? Are you happy with it? Thanks!

--------------------
2013-2014 Winter Stats
Winter Storm Watches: 4
Winter Wx/Fzg Rain Advisories: 9
Winter Storm Warnings: 3
Ice Storm Warnings: 0
Blizzard Warnings: 0

All-Time Severe Weather Stats
Days in a High Risk:
6/2/90, 6/17/92, 10/24/01, 5/10/03, 5/30/04, 10/26/10

Days in PDS Tornado Watch:
6/2/90, 10/24/01, 5/30/04, 11/17/13

Days in PDS Severe T-Storm Watch:
8/4/08
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tornado Eric
post Feb 2 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,388

I just purchased the Midland WR-300, so it might have some differences from yours..but mine enables you to pick and choose which weather events you wish to hear the audible tone for and which you'd prefer not to (flood watch, freeze warning, etc. in my case). The alerts in which you shut off the audible tone still have one of the three lights you mentioned illuminate and the alert is also written on the screen.

The best part in my opinion is the ability to set the radio to only go off for the specific counties you designate based on the NOAA SAME codes. No more waking up in the middle of the night for a storm 65 miles away. The instructions for this were in the manual.

All in all it was a long process to get it programmed the way I like but now I'm glad I took the time. We'll see how it performs in the severe weather season.

--------------------
Everything will be ok in the end.

If it's not ok, it's not the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:50 AM