Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fireball over Philadelphia on Mon. 1/3/12
HangarRat
post Jan 3 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,207

I saw a fireball over the Philadelphia area around 1:07 a.m. (according to my dashboard GPS) as I was driving through Upper Darby in the western suburbs. It was the brightest meteor I've ever seen and gave me chills as I was watching it.

The fireball appeared in the upper part of my windshield at about the 1 o'clock position as I drove south and moved west to east before breaking into three or four peices well to the east (about my 9 o'clock position).

I didn't hear anything, but I gather from Twitter that other people in the area saw it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sagebrusher
post Jan 3 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 2,132

QUOTE(HangarRat @ Jan 3 2012, 03:06 AM) *
I saw a fireball over the Philadelphia area around 1:07 a.m. (according to my dashboard GPS) as I was driving through Upper Darby in the western suburbs. It was the brightest meteor I've ever seen and gave me chills as I was watching it.

The fireball appeared in the upper part of my windshield at about the 1 o'clock position as I drove south and moved west to east before breaking into three or four peices well to the east (about my 9 o'clock position).

I didn't hear anything, but I gather from Twitter that other people in the area saw it.

Awesome. How many of the people on Twitter couldn't identify it correctly?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 12:42 PM