Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Questions of the Week: Week 208, Apolo strikes again from the either...
Apologistnky
post Jan 13 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,191

Welcome to Week 208 of "Maw's Questions of The Week"...airport, hair care & tire center!! For those of you that have Monday off for the holiday...enjoy! For the rest of us...another day, another dime. Another 8 hours of wasted time!

...and aw-a-a-y we go!!

If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be?

2. With the longer evenings that come with the winter months, do you spend more time, or less, with family and friends?

3. Complete the following sentence; " My _________ makes me ___________.

4. Will you be doing anything special to observe Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday?

5. If the "relationship genie" were to grant you one wish with regards to what would you change about your spouse or partner, what would be your wish?

6. You have been selected to be a news correspondent for one day at the White House press conference...what would be your one question for the President?

7. Not long ago, an individual tied helium balloons to his lawn chair and floated up to 15,000 ft. When he was asked why he did it, he remarked that it was break up the boredom in his life. What do you do now, or plan to do, to relive the boredom in your life?

8. What's the one thing you enjoy most about your life right now?

9. If we were to look into your cupboards' and fridge, what's one thing we would find that would surprise us about you?

10. What was the last book, or article, you read that was based on an historical event or person, or a current event or person?

BONUS:

Complete following song lyrics...

" when I ____________ of you, my ________ goes __________. But when I ___________ of ____________, my _______________ goes _____________."

Have Fun y'all and play nice smile.gif

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beck
post Jan 13 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,931

1. If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be?

N/A

2. With the longer evenings that come with the winter months, do you spend more time, or less, with family and friends?

Neither

3. Complete the following sentence; " My ___________ makes me ___________.

4. Will you be doing anything special to observe Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday?

Nope (work)

5. If the "relationship genie" were to grant you one wish with regards to what would you change about your spouse or partner, what would be your wish?

N/A

6. You have been selected to be a news correspondent for one day at the White House press conference...what would be your one question for the President?

I don't have any questions for him/her

7. Not long ago, an individual tied helium balloons to his lawn chair and floated up to 15,000 ft. When he was asked why he did it, he remarked that it was break up the boredom in his life. What do you do now, or plan to do, to relive the boredom in your life?

Travel & film

N/A

9. If we were to look into your cupboards' and fridge, what's one thing we would find that would surprise us about you?

Nothing

10. What was the last book, or article, you read that was based on an historical event or person, or a current event or person?

None

This post has been edited by Beck: Jan 13 2012, 01:33 AM

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 0.45" (+0.27")
Normal to-date precipitation: 0.18"
Season began July 1st, 2014.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 0.81"

Temecula Weather Pages

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Sep 13 2014, 04:20 PM) *
You're cute when you're whining Becky :)

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Jan 13 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,154

1. If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be?

N/A What about a little inclusiveness or are you trying to rub it in?

Same

3. Complete the following sentence; " My pup makes me feel appreciated

No, working

N/A Now you're rubbing it in. You've officially changed my mood from
indifference to hostile. dry.gif

Are you nervous about the upcoming election?

I'm not bored except at work and anything that would relieve that would
involve my demise.

I've begun singing my prayers and I find that makes me almost
euphoric in the process. Perhaps we were meant to do that.

How unused everything appears

The history thread which I try to post daily and have finally begun reading.

BONUS: I would have had fun with this but you ruined my mood with questions
1 and 5. You trying to hurt our feelings?

" when I ____________ of you, my ________ goes __________. But when I ___________ of ____________, my _______________ goes _____________."

This post has been edited by wingsovernc: Jan 13 2012, 02:55 AM

--------------------

When twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star,
Remember that you have a friend though she may wander far.

~L.M. Montgomery

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Jan 13 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,048

Welcome to Week 208 of "Maw's Questions of The Week"...airport, hair care & tire center!! For those of you that have Monday off for the holiday...enjoy! For the rest of us...another day, another dime. Another 8 hours of wasted time!

...and aw-a-a-y we go!!

Jimjam-clad

The same amount sad.gif

3. Complete the following sentence; " My books makes me happy.

No.

No wish, I love him because of who he is.

Why won't you kill SOPA?

I read and spend time with my husband.

Growing this critter.

No idea.

Probably something on Jezebel yesterday.

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jan 13 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,971

Thank you so much, Apolo, for rockin our questions once more. You da bomb!

Have a good weekend everyone. Stay safe!

1. If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be? Never.

2. With the longer evenings that come with the winter months, do you spend more time, or less, with family and friends? About the same.

3. Complete the following sentence; " My kids makes me complete.

4. Will you be doing anything special to observe Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday? I will try to be extra thankful for those that have went before me to bring equality. I am overwhelmed by their courage.

5. If the "relationship genie" were to grant you one wish with regards to what would you change about your spouse or partner, what would be your wish? The genie would make him 2 inches taller.

6. You have been selected to be a news correspondent for one day at the White House press conference...what would be your one question for the President? Personally, is it what you expected it to be?

7. Not long ago, an individual tied helium balloons to his lawn chair and floated up to 15,000 ft. When he was asked why he did it, he remarked that it was break up the boredom in his life. What do you do now, or plan to do, to relive the boredom in your life? Move south.

8. What's the one thing you enjoy most about your life right now? My family - they are an incredible group of people. How did I get this lucky???????

9. If we were to look into your cupboards' and fridge, what's one thing we would find that would surprise us about you? Nothing really surprising there - maybe the multiple gallons of milk?

10. What was the last book, or article, you read that was based on an historical event or person, or a current event or person? I read 3 newspapers yesterday so that was a lot of info that would relate to this question. I don't know what I read last.

BONUS:

" when I think of you, my heart goes faster. But when I think of Jesus, my soul goes stronger."

Great job, Apolo!

This post has been edited by Maw: Jan 13 2012, 12:39 PM

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jan 13 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(wingsovernc @ Jan 13 2012, 02:46 AM) *
[/color]8. What's the one thing you enjoy most about your life right now?

[color="#0000ff"]I've begun singing my prayers and I find that makes me almost
euphoric in the process. Perhaps we were meant to do that.

I absolutely love that! How did you think of that? I'm going to be trying this. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Jan 13 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 22,154

QUOTE(Maw @ Jan 13 2012, 12:43 PM) *
I absolutely love that! How did you think of that? I'm going to be trying this. biggrin.gif

It began with The Lord's Prayer, which I've heard sung hundreds of times by
many different people over the years, as many of us have. It's the prayer
the bible compels us to say when we address the Lord and a version of the
song is often playing in my mind as I go about my business. This version by
Andrea Bocelli I particulary love and it's his voice I hear singing most often:

http://youtu.be/TAFj2-u2cGQ

I found myself months ago as I sang along with the song playing in my head,
adding a verse here and there, using the same tune. Something like this,
"Please bless my son....on his new job; keep him safe and interested in what
he's doing." And gradually I was adding more and more and my song was
getting longer and longer till now it seems more natural to sing than not.
Unfortunately, my voice isn't improving in the process...maybe I should
include that in my next prayer/song request... laugh.gif

--------------------

When twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star,
Remember that you have a friend though she may wander far.

~L.M. Montgomery

+Quote Post
jacksonville
post Jan 13 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,964

QUOTE(Apologistnky @ Jan 13 2012, 01:14 AM) *

...and aw-a-a-y we go!!

If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be?
Tv
same
3. Complete the following sentence; " My _________ makes me ___________.
My wife makes me complete
no
Do you want me to die?
Why do you want to destroy our country?
Don't have time for boredom
Going home from work
nuts, lots of

BONUS:

+Quote Post
idecline
post Jan 15 2012, 04:13 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 22,866

1. If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be? "I Ain't Got Nobody"

2. With the longer evenings that come with the winter months, do you spend more time, or less, with family and friends? It's still a 24 hour day last I checked...

3. Complete the following sentence; " My _insanity_ makes me _crazy_.

4. Will you be doing anything special to observe Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday? Not this year.

5. If the "relationship genie" were to grant you one wish with regards to what would you change about your spouse or partner, what would be your wish? Relationship genie? I lost that magic lamp long ago...

6. You have been selected to be a news correspondent for one day at the White House press conference...what would be your one question for the President? What time are we golfing?

7. Not long ago, an individual tied helium balloons to his lawn chair and floated up to 15,000 ft. When he was asked why he did it, he remarked that it was break up the boredom in his life. What do you do now, or plan to do, to relive the boredom in your life? Life is not boring...the alternatives are...

8. What's the one thing you enjoy most about your life right now? Living

9. If we were to look into your cupboards' and fridge, what's one thing we would find that would surprise us about you? Idee know

10. What was the last book, or article, you read that was based on an historical event or person, or a current event or person? Seabiscuit smile.gif

BONUS:

" when I _Think__ of you, my _mind_ goes _blank_. But when I _am_part_ of _you_, my __mind_ goes _away__." © Idee songs... MMXII

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
Apologistnky
post Jan 15 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 23,191

1. If we asked your spouse or partner what one word would describe you on a "lazy day," what would it be? When I get one of those I'll let ya know...but my "herd" would say Sedentary!

About the same...

3. Complete the following sentence; " My
relief operator makes me work way too much after break.

Nope...just a nuther manic Monday!!

"Can I have two more wishes?"

6. You have been selected to be a news correspondent for one day at the White House press conference...what would be your one question for the President? "Does it bother you that you and your wife bear a striking resemblance to the characters Aunt Esther and (her drunken husband) Woody from the 70's TV show Sanford & Son?"

Try the same thing with a chaise lounger...one ought to be able to enjoy the trip into 'restricted airspace!'

my books...they're slowly taking over every room of the house!!

Live penguins...drinking margaritas in the crisper... just below the deer head!!

"We Were Soldiers Once and Young" by Lt. Gen. Harold C. (Hal) Moore (Ret.) & Joseph Galloway

BONUS:

" when I
see a picture of you, my mind goes Loopy. But when I hear the mention of your name, my mouth goes to talking like the cartoon dog...Droopy!." H-e-c-k-o-o-o-o-o folks!!

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 09:29 AM