Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The HUGE non pattern change
PlanetMaster
post Jan 16 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 25,093

Well its been a great time listening to all the forecasters drooling over a supposed giant pattern change. Predicting snow and prolonged cold and then saying there will be a few warm spells, and then saying there will be more warm air then cold air, and then finally saying it takes time, maybe weeks for the pattern to change. LOL, well anyone couldve said that! Dont need a degree in Meteo to take a shot in the dark and say one day we may get snow this winter here on the east coast!

There is one thing they forgot to mention, Henry, there is NO pattern change!
There is no blocking and most important, the player we never here about is the persistent ridge out off the Florida east coast that is going nowhere.

Yes we got another brief shot of cold air and the ridge bent a bit but it is coming back strong the next 3 weeks with south-westerlies over the east and 40's and 50' here in the I95 corridor are going to fly

There is NO pattern change, there isnt going to be any pattern change for the foreseeable future. There will be NO snow storms on the eat coast this January and probably deep into February as well. Until that ridge breaks down off the Fla coast nothing will change its guaranteed.

The only forecast that has been right all winter in my neck of the woods has been the Accuweather longe range, cold shot followed by warm rains and that hasnt and will not change.

So Henry stop please, its embarrassing already
The fantasy storm threads stop
Please unwrap your legs from around the GFS and get into a state of reality.

Here is your forecast NY, DC, Phily, and the entire I95 corridor until further notice.

Attached File  rain1.JPG ( 34.54K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  rain2.JPG ( 33.23K ) Number of downloads: 0

Ahh those 50s in winter are just dandy! tongue.gif

Oh and I just wanted to mention that not everyone was jumping on the pattern change bandwagon. Brett Anderson was professional and accurate in his forecast maps showing warm and rainy over the northeast and mid-atlantic right through Feb. So there are some here that get it and dont buy into the hype. Thanks Brett for the professionalism!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blog...-update-1/59941
and
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blog...-february/60204

This post has been edited by PlanetMaster: Jan 16 2012, 11:47 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:40 PM