Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Passing of Dr. Mel
stretchct
post Jan 18 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,470

Not really sure where to post this as its weather related, but not storm related.

A great meteorologist, author and broadcaster passed today. Dr. Mel was an inspiration to many of us amateur and professional weather followers in the State of CT. He started the met program here in Danbury at West Conn and devoted his life to the weather and education of others about how the weather worked. I was lucky to live here and enjoy his weather analysis segment on WLAD, the local station. He usually took 3 or 4 minutes a day to go into details and terminology that you only find here on this site or in the forecast discussion sections of the NWS site. For the weather enthusiasts, we hung on his every word. He became the Chief Met on WTNH (TV) in the 80's and authored 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Weather' I believe in 2002 (ish). To say he will be missed is an understatement. Best wishes to his family, friends and fans.
Newstimes Report
WTNH Report

--------------------
My Wunderground station
My attempt at a blog about the model runs
If you're going through heck, keep going - Churchill (oddly the actual quote is not allowed and self corrects, despite the word showing up repeatedly in sermons and the Bible)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 03:33 AM