Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Friday Questions - week 216
Maw
post Mar 9 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,971

Good morning, folks! Happy Friday to ya. Remember to spring forward this Sunday at 12 am if you have Daylight Savings Time in your area. I'm so looking forward to having daylight in the evenings. C'mon Spring!

Without further ado, I'd like to welcome this weekend with The Friday Questions.

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring?

2. How far do you live from a mall?

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? If you are just starting out, same question applies.

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring?

5. What is your favorite candy bar?

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.)

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies?

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service?

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season?

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chaps
post Mar 9 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26,472

Warmer weather

about 50 miles or so

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? If you are just starting out, same question applies.
Assuming i could afford it, i would live on top of a mountain within walking distance to a train station and a grocery store near Tokyo (basically, the same place i lived while i was stationed in Japan)

when the grass looks too tall

Twix

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.)
Whenever i get new furnature or when my wife wants to

Usually no

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service?
20% give or take

I might wear green. other than that, nothing

I had a cold and a couple of migraines.

+Quote Post
Beck
post Mar 9 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,931

The end to a lackluster rainy season this winter
About 5 miles
Country
N/A
None, candy bars make my teeth hurt
Every few months
Sometimes
15-20%
No, I work that day
I don't believe so

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 0.88" (-1.00")
Normal to-date precipitation: 1.88"
Season began July 1st, 2014.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2014-2015: 1.22"

Temecula Weather Pages

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Mar 9 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,257

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring? flowers and gardening and sunny warm weather

2. How far do you live from a mall? not far enough, about 10 miles

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? If you are just starting out, same question applies. gimmie the woods!

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring?depends on the year , normally sometime in april

5. What is your favorite candy bar? pay day

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.) never have

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies? no

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service? 5 to 10%

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? maybe watch the quiet man thats about it

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season? a cold around tha nksgicing

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Mar 9 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 22,154

Taking a vacation with my mom somewhere

About a mile, possibly less.

Just outside of a small town. Near a main road but not on it. And not near an
interstate!

Don't need to, it's done for me.

At the moment, a Cadberry cream egg

The place I'm living in is just too small to do much changing around. Only have
one thing on the wall in the living room and nothing in the bedroom.

Nope

'round 20%

Nah

Nope, just the same 'ol joint aches and neck pain.

Thanks Maw...those weren't painful at all! smile.gif

--------------------

Being there for a friend is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
Another one is allowing them to be there for you too.

~Doe Zantamata

+Quote Post
deepzenpill
post Mar 10 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 26,253

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring?[size="1"][/size]
Everything coming back to life.

About 25 miles

The woods, I love being surrounded by nature

When it starts looking like a jungle.

A good old fashioned Hershey bar.

Rarely/never.

Some, when the trees start blooming.

Anywhere from 20-30% depending on quality of service.

Put a bit of irish cream in my coffee and wear some green so no one feels the need to mess with me but I'm not Irish so it doesn"t matter to me much

I had a real bad respiratory infection.

--------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. - Willy Wonka

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Mar 11 2012, 02:25 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,204

Warmer weather - putting the snow shovel away.

15 miles

I am a suburbanite

When it needs it - typically the end of March or fisrt part of April

Zero bar

Don't

Some days I have to take a Benadryl

15-25%

I make myself corned beef & cabbage

Nope

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
idecline
post Mar 11 2012, 04:01 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 22,866

Good morning, folks! Happy Friday to ya. Remember to spring forward this Sunday at 12 am if you have Daylight Savings Time in your area. I'm so looking forward to having daylight in the evenings. C'mon Spring!

Without further ado, I'd like to welcome this weekend with The Friday Questions.

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring? Longer Days

2. How far do you live from a mall? Mall....10 miles

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? The job market always chose where I could afford to live, but I like the Woods.

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring? Redwoods do not allow for lawns... biggrin.gif

5. What is your favorite candy bar? Mounds bar for 'National' brands, but 72% Dark Chocolate is the new thing.

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? Depends...once every year or two...

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies? Yes...Acacia trees are one of my worst...it is dry and they are everywhere... sad.gif

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service? 25%

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Overindulge, then sleep in a dumpster....Just Kidding.

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season? Just very bad allergies with the low rainfall...

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
appycowgirl
post Mar 11 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 26,401

QUOTE(Maw @ Mar 9 2012, 11:52 AM) *

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring? The ground thawing and no more mud = the END of spring

2. How far do you live from a mall? an hour at least, maybe more

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? Stay in the country and I wouldve went to school for agricultural or be an English teacher.
If you are just starting out, same question applies.

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring? When it gets too long.

5. What is your favorite candy bar? Twix

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.) Rarely

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies? No

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service? 20%

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?No

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season? The stomach flu

+Quote Post
appycowgirl
post Mar 11 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 26,401

QUOTE(john72ss @ Mar 9 2012, 08:13 PM) *
1. What do you look forward to most in Spring? flowers and gardening and sunny warm weather

2. How far do you live from a mall? not far enough, about 10 miles

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? If you are just starting out, same question applies. gimmie the woods!

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring?depends on the year , normally sometime in april

5. What is your favorite candy bar? pay day

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.) never have

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies? no

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service? 5 to 10%

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? maybe watch the quiet man thats about it

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season? a cold around tha nksgicing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow that is harsh. Have you ever been a server? ;-) Just sayin- I'd think I did something terribly wrong waiting on you or that you hated me. LOL

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Mar 11 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,257

i work very hard for every cent i make, im sure you do too, i however, never get a tip! never! so if i tip 5 to 10 dollars for a dinner whoever the waiter is should be thankful, i have left any tip as i know some people do not! hope that helps clear things up

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Mar 12 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,204

QUOTE(john72ss @ Mar 11 2012, 08:17 PM) *
i work very hard for every cent i make, im sure you do too, i however, never get a tip! never! so if i tip 5 to 10 dollars for a dinner whoever the waiter is should be thankful, i have left any tip as i know some people do not! hope that helps clear things up

Those in 'Service Jobs' don't make the same minimum wage as other minimum wage jobs. The minimum wage paid to Service Jobs is somewhat less than 1/2 the amount that is paid to other minimum wage jobs. This is based on them earning 'tip' money to make up the difference.

Personally, as a system, I think it sucks; but that is the way the laws have been enacted. If a server didn't get tips - their earnings would hardly make it worth showing up to work.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
Apologistnky
post Mar 12 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 23,191

1. What do you look forward to most in Spring? plowing...nothing like the small of fresh-turned earth!

2. How far do you live from a mall? about 45 mins. drive...

3. If you could start over, not letting the job market direct your decision, would you choose to live in the country, city, woods, surburbia, etc.? If you are just starting out, same question applies. other than location...I wouldn't change a thing!

4. When do you typically start mowing your lawn in the spring? when I can't see the rabbits feeding in the yard!!

5. What is your favorite candy bar? Zero Bar

6. How often do you redecorate the inside of your home? (This includes things like moving furniture around, painting, etc.) am in the middle of it now..."empty-nester" redecorating that is!!

7. Do you suffer from Spring allergies? nope...have them year-round here seems like!

8. When dining out, how much of a tip do you usually leave if you have received good service? same as always..."when a mobster tries to give you the 'kiss of death,'...play hard to get!"

9. Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? naw...Irish coffee is good any day of the week!!

10. Have you come down with any illnesses during this past winter season? does "cabin fever" count??

Thanks Maw...y'all be careful out there!

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"

+Quote Post
stusson
post Mar 13 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 23,429

[1] Flowering of Sonoran Desert plants, a highlight would be blossoms on Saguaro Cactus; and the occasional spring rain and the awesome one of a kind aromas of freshly rained on desert
[2] 20 miles give or take; closer to some very large shopping centers
[3] Within an hour access to city, semi-rural
[4] Desert landscaping at my house, no mowing; pruning & trimming minimum twice a year, more as determined by rainfall
[5] Just good hard dark high percentage cacao chocolate
[6] virtually never; at best, maybe change wall art pieces
[7] I don't, yet there are abundant sufferers here, spouse-of-stusson included
[8] Always plan on 20% (pre-tax), work down for any displeasurable service issues, never below 15%. I will comment or compliment to manager of eatery as needed or deserved
[9] I don't. There is a fountain in my town that jets vertical to well over 300' at the top of the hour from 7am to 9pm all year; on St P Day, @ noon, the park dept adds green dye to make the fountain green. It being on Saturday this year, I may be around to see it instead of at work.
[10] Yeah, spouse-of-stusson was 'shared' something at her workplace, and couldn't help pass it on

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 04:42 AM