Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canadian Blog: My Spring Forecast
Brett Anderson
post Mar 12 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: AccuWeather_Employee
Member No.: 12,854

This is my weather outlook for Spring across Canada.... In making this forecast I took into account some of the following........ 1. Steady weakening of La Nina. 2. Cooler than normal water temperatures off the West Coast. 3. Warmer than normal sea surface temperatures south of Atlantic Canada. 4. Lack of sea ice this winter over the Great Lakes. 5. Read the full article

--------------------
Brett Anderson
Expert senior meteorologist
AccuWeather.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan45
post Mar 12 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,757

Hey Brett. Thanks for your forecast! I am a daily skimboarder on the western end of lake ontario and was just curious if you could answer a few questions for me. When I go (I don't need to go deep, less than a foot, however I need strong winds (NE or E at 10-40 km/h) over the lake in order to go but bone chilling water is a no-go for me. NOAA's Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System currently shows the water temperature at 40F and I normally hit the lake mid May.
1. Do you think with the way the mild temperatures have been, do you see a possibility that I could go possibly mid to late april?

2. With the way the temperatures have been all winter so far, have you noticed any warmer than normal water temperatures for this time of the year (specifically Ontario and Huron) ? I have noticed there has been little to no ice on Huron and there has been none on Ontario all winter. Thanks so much!

This post has been edited by Ryan45: Mar 12 2012, 04:24 PM

--------------------
View my broadcast of live weather here
Note: Only available during severe weather

www.twitter.com/wxryan45
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 12:08 PM