Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Friday Questions - week 222
Maw
post Apr 20 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,971

Happy Friday! I hope today finds you happy and healthy!

Have a good weekend, everyone. Stay safe. ~Maw

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Why?

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night?

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.)

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)?

5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years?

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk?

7. How much caffine to you consume daily?

8. What do you typically eat for lunch?

9. How often do you ride a bike?

10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know:

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Apr 20 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,048

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Why?
The cruise because cruises cost more than $1000.

With my husband.

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.)
Spending all day with my husband and getting out of the house.

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)?
Nope.

Yes.

No idea.

Not much.

Whatever's available.

I haven't in years.

I'm super quiet around people I don't know to the point that until they've gotten to know me, people assume I'm snobby.

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
wingsovernc
post Apr 20 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,154

Thanks dear Maw for putting these together for us! I know you must have
done it at the last moment and you always do a super job of that! smile.gif

The cruise because cruises are the bomb-diddy as my son would say.

Because it's usually not a precursor to a weekend off, I plan nothing special.
Just the usual chores, dinner, a project or two, perhaps a movie or old
TV show on Netflix.

I have one favorite weekend a month....the one that I'm off when I go to my
Mom's.

Nope.

Oh, yes!

Probably about 12 years ago at a seminar.

Guess-timating I would say about 4 to 6 8-oz. cups of caffeine-laden liquids.

For the past few weeks I've grown fond of mixed greens topped with either
chicken or tuna salad with a light honey mustard dressing.

Not in years.

I was a newspaper carrier for about 7 years at night while working a
full time job during the day. At least until 5-6 years ago when my
joints started complaining about all the heavy bundles.

Thanks again Maw!!

This post has been edited by wingsovernc: Apr 20 2012, 01:42 PM

--------------------

You don't lose friends, because real friends can never be lost. You lose
people masquerading as friends, and you're better for it.

~Mandy Hale

+Quote Post
The Day After To...
post Apr 20 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,541

QUOTE(Maw @ Apr 20 2012, 12:38 PM) *

IDK, but, a cruise is only a few days. Things you can buy with 1k, can last longer.

On my computer

idk.

I go to camp, where we play games.

I don't make those decisions.
A while ago.
Not enough. tongue.gif

Food. tongue.gif
It depends.
Not often, usually just when I'm camping with my grandparents.

My parents are divorced.

--------------------
My blog, Nor'easter Warn (N'EW)

N'EW BLOG
Proud to have over 7,000 viewers, with over 13,000 blog views!
Spring Forecast: March 15

"AS THE 48+HR TIME FRAME IS NOT EXACTLY THE NAM`S WHEELHOUSE"
-NWS Discussion

STORM ALERT

+Quote Post
Apologistnky
post Apr 20 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 23,191

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? both... Why? after taking the money, will need a "getaway" vehicle and Hey...it's free right?

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night? daydreaming about the day I won't be working nights. blink.gif

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.) nothing favored there...work most weekends!

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)? when time allows...a lil "redneck pitch & putt" (involves golf clubs and shotguns) to keep the eye-hand coordination at top form!

5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years? yes...if I'm not moving, I'll probably be outlined in chalk!!

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk? last Halloween?

7. How much caffeine to you consume daily? enough to keep Juan Valdez & his lil' donkey living in a manner they're accustomed to...like Columbian drug lords!!

8. What do you typically eat for lunch? coffee...lunch is usually around 2 in the morning!

9. How often do you ride a bike? 2-3 times a week...stationary of course!

10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know:I once had a job that involved the operation of "expedited" transportation methods & "home-made"alcoholic beverages! That's all I can say 'bout that!

Y'all take care out there :-)

This post has been edited by Apologistnky: Apr 21 2012, 02:11 AM

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Apr 22 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,257

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Why? ill take the cruise never been on one, but its gotta be worth more that the 1000 dollars!

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night? listening to music or watching a movie at home

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.) not working for two days!

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)? no i dont play any sports but had season tickets for the portland beavers AAA baseball team for decades untill forgein soccer took the stadium away!

5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years? only if i win the lotto

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk? many years ago, i think while changing tires

7. How much caffine to you consume daily? 3 to 4 cups of coffee

8. What do you typically eat for lunch? mostly leftovers from the previous nights dinner

9. How often do you ride a bike? many years, dont have one anymore, too dangerous

10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know: i played the violin and trumpet in highschool

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
idecline
post Apr 23 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 22,866

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Cruise ....and idee says 'Why Not?

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night? Idee has a hard time with days of the week blink.gif

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? Those Wednesday football games(they're aren't any), having the same days off or even time of day as others, sleeping away the daytime of your day off....I'm still searching for positive answers here...Anybody?

SF Giants games excellent but often expensive, I still golf, shoot baskets, and a little volleyball.
5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years? More than likely

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk? When we were playing hopscotch earlier today (idee bumped his head and is having trouble remembering things today) mellow.gif

7. How much caffine to you consume daily? 3-4 cups of strong coffee (usually Sumatra or New Guinea)

8. What do you typically eat for lunch? N/A no idee when lunch would be with my schedule

9. How often do you ride a bike? I used to almost every day, but the last two years very little..

10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know: I like Quantum Physics wacko.gif

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
Maw
post Apr 23 2012, 07:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(john72ss @ Apr 22 2012, 02:37 PM) *
10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know: i played the violin and trumpet in highschool

I did NOT see that one coming... ohmy.gif

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
Rbrtkln
post Apr 24 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,261

QUOTE(Maw @ Apr 20 2012, 12:38 PM) *

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Why? The cruise for sure. The cruise would probably cost 5k so why not take it instead of 1k when we want to go on another cruise anyway.

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night? Sometimes a quiet night at home with family, sometimes out with friends, or sometimes out with wife.

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.) Getting to sleep in a little bit!

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)? We usually go to a Blue Claws game or two every summer.

5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years? No

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk? a few weeks ago, on our street, with the kids.

7. How much caffine to you consume daily? 1-2 cups of coffee.

8. What do you typically eat for lunch? a sandwich.

9. How often do you ride a bike? Not often enough.

Naaaah! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Winter 08/09 Snow Tally: 29.1"
My Winter 09/10 Snow Tally: 56.5"
My Winter 10/11 Snow Tally: 54.8"
My Winter 11/12 Snow Tally: 5.7"
My Winter 12/13 Snow Tally: 20.9"
My Winter 13/14 Snow Tally: 58.8"

Everything Else- The most fun you can have with your clothes on. For Real! Not kidding!

+Quote Post
Cara
post Apr 25 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 26,478

I would take the money. I get sea sick so a cruise wouldn't be any fun for me. If it was a different kind of vacation, like a trip somewhere where I wasn't on a boat then I would probably be very tempted!

I work most Frridays but when I get out early enough that is usually my family's pizza and a movie night.

My weekend (which are usually Sunday and Monday) is usually spent with my family. Sundays is a brunch we do with a bunch of our friends and our familys (so there is usually a dozen of us there) and that is a lot of fun to get and sit around and relax with everyone. Then Mondays are divided among chores and shopping for groceries and writing, and of course working with the kids on school and homework.

I don't have any that I specifically plan to go to, although there are occassions where I do see games. Especially if my kids are doing any sports during the summer.

The only reason that we would move at this point would be if we finally get a house, we've been moving a lot the last few years and we are finally in an apartment that fits our family. We are saving money for a house so if that comes to the point -- hopefully within 5 years -- where we can finally get our own home, then that will be the one case where we would move.

This weekend!! My oldest daughter and I were using the sidewalk chalk and playing at writing out different poems and rhymes we knew. It was fun.

While at work I alternate from coffee to water and back and forth. I probably go through 4-5 travel mugs of coffee. So ALOT.

Leftovers from the night before's dinner. Or whatever I pack for lunch for my kids. Every once and awhile I'll splurge and I'll get something like Qdobe or such.

I used to ride my bike to work every day but now that we are in our new apartment which is further away I haven't gotten the chance to try riding it to work. Plus I hate hills and there would be a lot on our new route wink.gif

Since I'm so new, I'll give you a few! Let's see: I am a second generation atheist and proud of it -- I believe in the right of everyone to believe what they want, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or whatever your choosing, I won't preach to you and I prefer not to be preached to by others. I married in to a ready-made family. My husband is older and had three beautiful daughters from a previous marriage, now they are my beautiful step-daughters and I love being Mommy #2. And I am a writer, actively writing novels, hoping to see if I get the chance to have everyone in the world see my name in print.

That was fun! Thanks for great questions.

--------------------
Writing away my life... and enjoying every second of it!
http://caramiaamore.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
CMeyers
post Apr 25 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 22,879

1. Let's say you win a week's vacation on a cruise ship. There is an option to take $1,000 cash instead. Do you take the cruise or the cash? Why? Without any question at all I'd take the cruise. Not that I couldn't use $1000, but cruises are so incredibly awesome I wouldn't even think about it. biggrin.gif

2. How do you like to spend Friday evening/night? Ideally a bit of social drinking either revolving sports or cards. Going out with the lady is always nice as well. I'm not a huge partier so nothing too crazy. Unfortunately in my current position I work friday nights. Tuesday and Wednesday are my weekend...

3. What is your favorite thing about weekends? (If you don't have the typical Sat/Sun off, but 2 other days of the week, use those days to define weekends.) Guess I jumped the gun noting my weekend isn't quite "typical"... Normally I leave for work a couple hours after my girlfriend gets home from work. Having tuesday and wednesday off means I get to spend the whole afternoon/evening/night with her instead of just a couple hours. It's nice.

4. Do you play any sports in the summer or go to any summer sporting events (i.e., baseball games)? Baseball league starts soon and I play pick-up basketball most weekends if I have time (less often than I'd like). Golfing is another of my favorite past-times, just haven't had too many opportunities lately. I've only hit the course 4 times this year so far. Hopefully I'll have a chance to correct that later this year.

5. Do you plan on moving in the next 5 years? YES! In the process of closing on a house. Should have been closed and moved in a month and a half ago, but 4 extensions later we're still waiting on a closing date to be figured out. FHA 203K mortgages are a pain in the behind... And it doesn't help that my broker and real estate agent hate each other for some reason.

6. When was the last time you wrote with chalk? Yesterday actually. If you had asked me that two days ago I'd be counting off years on my fingers. I was playing with my girlfriend's niece yesterday...

7. How much caffine to you consume daily? Quite a lot.

8. What do you typically eat for lunch? Some sort of sandwich. Ham with some bacon on it has been my favorite lately. Couple that with homemade potato salad and some chips and you have a lunch of champions.

9. How often do you ride a bike? Lately not very often. I don't have my bike at our current apartment. Once we get moved into house I'll bring my bike up. It's currently sitting in my parents garage. Hopefully... Ideally I ride a bike quite often. Used to go on about a 10 mile ride every saturday and sunday morning after golfing.

10. Tell us something about yourself that you don't think we know: I have a terrible memory for first names only. If you introduce yourself to me with only your first name, odds are I won't remember it. If you give me a last name to go with it I will never forget it.

--------------------
ChsChargers09 - Please be aware that there is a significant chance I was being sarcastic in the above comment. Thank you.

+Quote Post
alpdexplorer
post May 6 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 23,542

The cash. I could use it for bills, and I'm not so sure about the whole cruise ship thing... makes me nervous.

I don't do a whole lot...

Sleeping in and not being on my feet all day.

Nope.

Boyfriend and I are actually looking at houses now. So, will be within the next few months I'm sure.

Uhhhh, couldn't tell ya.

Usually 12-16 oz of coffee, somedays none.

Whatever I feel like eating. It's always random.

I haven't rode bike in YEARS.

Um... I get excited over office supplies. I LOVE them, and storage containers and everything that goes with organization smile.gif

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 6 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 15,013

Cruise because I've never been on one and it would be awesome to go on a mini vaction with the family
Working or with family...lol
Spending time with my family
I don't play many sports anymore, but I do go to Diamondback games on occasion
Yes
today! I bought my son some sidewalk chalk and we drew on the driveway.
Um..not as much as I used to. Maybe 2 cups of tea a day and a cup or two of coffee a week
Nothing
My bike was stolen...so never lol
Although I have worked in the security field for over 8 years, I have had the police draw their guns on me on 3 seperate occasions.

This post has been edited by bubbles: May 6 2012, 11:26 PM

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:36 AM