Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maw's Friday Questions - week 223, This week's author is Apollo!
Maw
post Apr 27 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,971

Happy Friday! Thank you, Uncle Apollo, for another great edition of The Questions!

Have a great weekend, folks. Stay Safe!

Week 223’s edition of “Maw’s Friday Questions” is being brought to you by the tech savvy folks at the North Korean Space Agency & Concentration Camp who remind the free world…”we just wanna launch a satellite…so we can get unscrambled broadcast signal of Food Network and Playboy channel!!”

1. Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it?

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days…do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago? 5 years ago?

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse?

4. Name the one book that has had the greatest impact upon your life.

5. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day?

6. Did you have a favorite “superhero” growing up? Who was it?

7. I realize that there are some folks who make resolutions every year (to lose weight, to get in better shape, to kick a habit, etc.). Did you make one? If so, how is it working out for you so far?

8. Who is the one person (athlete, actor, musician, etc.), or team, who is not currently enshrined as a “Hall-of-Famer” that you would like to see recognized as such?

9. With all the electronic “gadgets” we have today we can be overwhelmed with the amount of information and media we receive and send on a daily basis. In order to get some relief from it all…have you ever done, or considered doing, an “electronic fast” for a specified length of time?

10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma?

James Bond or Jason Borne?

Dracula or Edward Cullen?

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown?

Monty Python or Saturday Night Live?

This post has been edited by Maw: Apr 27 2012, 11:22 AM

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cara
post Apr 27 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26,478

Hey guys!

1. Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it?

We live in an apartment complex, so I'll usually put in window boxes that have some flowers in them to make it pretty. When I get the space, I would love to have a veggie and herb garden because I love to grow my own food. There is something special about eating food that you grew yourself.

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days…do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago? 5 years ago?

A year ago: probably about the same, maybe a little bit more. We aren't a tv watching family. Five years ago: probably significantly less, I watched a lot more tv before I moved to Colorado.

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse?

Refuse. I do not involve my work life on any of my social media sites. Not only that, that is an invasion of privacy, if they have any interest in looking at what I do, then they can go see them, but I won't give them a no-barred access to those sites. They could do anything they want on those sites if they had my password. If they ask me that and then refuse to give me a chance at a job there, then I guess I won't have a job there.

I am a voracious reader. I couldn't just name one book that has had the biggest impact because they all mean the world to me.

Getting to spend every moment I can with my family. Sitting down to dinner and joking around with my kids, watching a movie afterwards. All of that is wonderful.

I'm going to be sappy and say my mom. I know she isn't the tights-wearing, glossy-colored-comic-book superhero, but she was my hero. She would and did do everything she could do to make us happy growing up. Her and my dad were my best friends through the ups and downs of growing up, and my mom is still one of my bestest friends today.

7. I realize that there are some folks who make resolutions every year (to lose weight, to get in better shape, to kick a habit, etc.). Did you make one? If so, how is it working out for you so far?

I don't make life changing ones, I make "goals" I would like to do each year. Write more, spend more time with my family, eat better, and such. I think setting goals allows you leeway not to feel disappointed at the end of the year.

8. Who is the one person (athlete, actor, musician, etc.), or team, who is not currently enshrined as a “Hall-of-Famer” that you would like to see recognized as such?

Ummm... I don't know. I'm not the "follow the popular people" type of person. Plus, I suck at names, so really this question draws a blank.

9. With all the electronic “gadgets” we have today we can be overwhelmed with the amount of information and media we receive and send on a daily basis. In order to get some relief from it all…have you ever done, or considered doing, an “electronic fast” for a specified length of time?

I've done it before, but considering the only phone I have access to is my cell phone, that is a hard "gadget" to give up, so I don't do it often, or usually voluntarily.

10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma? Uhhh... neither.

James Bond or Jason Borne? In all honesty, I haven't watched ANY of the James Bond movies, so I'll have to say Jason Borne.

Dracula or Edward Cullen? Hah, I like both. Dracula is classic -- what's not to love. Edward Cullen was creative take on how vampires work -- wasn't terribly impressed with the guy himself but I liked the creative thought behind it.

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown? Uhhh... neither?

Monty Python or Saturday Night Live? Both!

--------------------
Writing away my life... and enjoying every second of it!
http://caramiaamore.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Apr 27 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,257

. Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it? dahlias and tomatos

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days…do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago? 5 years ago? about the same

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse? not a chance!

4. Name the one book that has had the greatest impact upon your life. the bible

5. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day? getting home from work and that first beer

6. Did you have a favorite “superhero” growing up? Who was it? batman

not for a log time

8. Who is the one person (athlete, actor, musician, etc.), or team, who is not currently enshrined as a “Hall-of-Famer” that you would like to see recognized as such? pete rose!

9. With all the electronic “gadgets” we have today we can be overwhelmed with the amount of information and media we receive and send on a daily basis. In order to get some relief from it all…have you ever done, or considered doing, an “electronic fast” for a specified length of time? no cell phone ever!

10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma? what?

James Bond or Jason Borne? only know james bond

Dracula or Edward Cullen? bela lagosi

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown? gimmie bozo or bonzo

monty python and the holy grail

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
Beck
post Apr 27 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 19,931

My sister has one. She grows a variety of veggies in there, I can't even keep up.
I officially "quit" watching TV in August 2009.
Not big on social media sites, so it's none of my concern really. They certainly wouldn't get any benefit from it.
I was never much of a reader due to bad experiences with that growing up, but the only novel I have voluntarily read (and bought) on my own accord is Felix Salten's Bambi: Life In The Woods from 1928. The story is very controversial among many peoples, but my own take from it was peace & tolerance.
On my days off - sunshine, particularly in the morning. On work days - sleeping.
Son Goku!
No. I have my own methods of dealing with goals and objectives.
None. Hall of Fame does nothing both stroke one's own ego.
I've done it before, but not for very long. I adore spending time with people without the interference of technology as a distraction, or barrier.

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2013-2014: 6.10" (-6.65")
Normal to-date precipitation: 12.75"
Season began July 1st, 2013.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2013-2014: 7.10"

Temecula Weather Pages

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Apr 27 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,048

I dont, but I'd like to grow veggies one day.

I watch it more now than before because I didn't have a tv or computer 5 years ago.

No, there's information they could use to illegally discriminate against me.

I cant choose just one.

Waking up.

Batman of course.

No I didnt.

No idea.

Nope.

10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma?
Neither

Bond

Dracula

?

SNL

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post
Apologistnky
post Apr 27 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 23,191

Week 223’s edition of “Maw’s Friday Questions” is being brought to you by the tech savvy folks at the North Korean Space Agency & Concentration Camp who remind the free world…”we just wanna launch a satellite…so we can get unscrambled broadcast signal of Food Network and Playboy channel!!” they might wanna add DIY channel!!

1. Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it? roses, snowball bushes, irises, lilies, monkey grass, hostas', four-o'clocks, and a few that I know not the names of...(they come back every year in spite of my efforts!!)

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days…do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago? 5 years ago? much less...mostly because of the "fast" I did few years ago.

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse? refuse...without exception!

4. Name the one book that has had the greatest impact upon your life. (books)The Encyclopedia Britannica...age 6!!

5. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day? having another day...to try and take over the world!

6. Did you have a favorite “superhero” growing up? Who was it? Green Hornet

7. I realize that there are some folks who make resolutions every year (to lose weight, to get in better shape, to kick a habit, etc.). Did you make one? If so, how is it working out for you so far? not one to make resolutions at New years...more of continuing one on a personal level day-by-day.

8. Who is the one person (athlete, actor, musician, etc.), or team, who is not currently enshrined as a “Hall-of-Famer” that you would like to see recognized as such? Shoeless Joe Jackson

9. With all the electronic “gadgets” we have today we can be overwhelmed with the amount of information and media we receive and send on a daily basis. In order to get some relief from it all…have you ever done, or considered doing, an “electronic fast” for a specified length of time? did one about 2 1/2 years ago...for a month. It was liberating and eye-opening.

10. This…or that: that...

Medea or Big Momma? Medea..."hellur"

James Bond or Jason Borne? Bond...James Bond.

Dracula or Edward Cullen? Dracula (Frank Langella's version)

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown? Homey...cause "Homey don't play dat!"

Monty Python or Saturday Night Live? "and now for something completely Python!"

--------------------

The Revolution has been in effect...go get a "late pass!"

+Quote Post
idecline
post Apr 29 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 22,866

1. Do you have a garden? Yes. What's in it? Herbs, and some vegetables.

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago?No. I have no cable or broadcast TV...only watch VHS movies and old TV shows(The Avengers:Emma Peel cool.gif ) and some DVD's I borrow at the library. 5 years ago I had the TV on more, but left it on Weather Channel mostly...

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse? Sure...but Accuweather is the only site I go to blink.gif ....But Employers who ask for this are not my cup of tea, I feel it is definitely a violation of one's free rights...

4. Name the one book that has had the greatest impact upon your life. 'When They Threw The Book At Me' ...ta da...No seriously folks...that is an impossible question...for it is ever evolving as I read new books and re-read (some hundreds of times) books and find unseen gold anew....Books de Jour...On idee's table and desk...'The Little Prince' by Antoine St. Exupery, 'Quantum Enigma' by Rosenblum and Kuttner, 'The Way Of Herbs' by Michael Tierra, and 'Seabiscuit' by Laura Hillenbrand, ...and any of the Tony Hillerman mysteries.

5. What�s the one thing you look forward to every day? Coffee...... blink.gif ........then aliveness....

6. Did you have a favorite �superhero� growing up? Batman

7. I realize that there are some folks who make resolutions every year (to lose weight, to get in better shape, to kick a habit, etc.). Did you make one? i decline to state..If so, how is it working out for you so far? Just fine....

8. Who is the one person (athlete, actor, musician, etc.), or team, who is not currently enshrined as a �Hall-of-Famer� that you would like to see recognized as such? ?

9. With all the electronic �gadgets� we have today we can be overwhelmed with the amount of information and media we receive and send on a daily basis. In order to get some relief from it all�have you ever done, or considered doing, an �electronic fast� for a specified length of time?
Rarely use any of it anyway...super-duper boring stuff...idee digs reality.....

10. This�or that:

Medea or Big Momma? No idee

James Bond or Jason Borne? Bond who else...

Dracula or Edward Cullen? Dracula...and another vote for Bela Lugosi

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown? Crusty, hands down

Monty Python or Saturday Night Live? Spam......for "I Am Lumberjack"...Silly Walks....An Argument.....Albatross....and on .......and on ....Holy Grail....Meaning....Life Of .....And to think SNL is probably one of the best American TV shows ever...

THX 1138 ....Apolo

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 1 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,013

1st off...I must say that Friday Questions have a disappointingly low number of responses! Come of folks, answer these questions. lol

Week 223’s edition of “Maw’s Friday Questions” is being brought to you by the tech savvy folks at the North Korean Space Agency & Concentration Camp who remind the free world…”we just wanna launch a satellite…so we can get unscrambled broadcast signal of Food Network and Playboy channel!!”

1. Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it? No, I don't have a garden right now. When I do have one, I will grow something medicinal (right now in AZ if you have a card it is legal to grow since there are no open dispenseries), lots of veggies, flowers, and of course mint and other herbs.

2. With the myriad of networks and channels available on television these days…do you find yourself watching more or less television than you did, say, a year ago? 5 years ago? I watch WAY less than I used to. I don't even know what shows are really on tv anymore. We stopped watching tv a few years ago

3. There has been much talk about employers asking potential new hires to give their password(s) to social media sites as part of their hiring process. If you were asked, would you comply with the request, or refuse? Refuse, if they want to look fine. Look at what is public. Passwords are mine.

Bible
My family
No id actually didn't...lol
Nope...I didn't make one.
40 Below Sumer
I am right now....electronic things are VERY overwelming.
10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma?

Homey the Clown or Bozo the Clown? I don't know either one...

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
Chaps
post May 2 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 26,472

1.Do you have a garden? What’s in it? If you don’t now have a garden, but will someday …what would you grow in it?

I do not have a garden, but if I did, I would probably grow vegetables and fruits that are harder to get locally such as Lotus fruit (I think it is called) and Japanese Squash. I would probably also grow a few cherry trees.

I don’t watch television anymore, but I do watch TV shows on my computer. I watch less TV shows now than I did a year ago, but much more than I did 5 years ago.

It depends on how much I wanted the job. If I really wanted it, I would give them my password, but if not, I wouldn’t. If I knew beforehand that they would want my password, I would change it to something else and give them that and after I am hired or get a different job, I would change it back.

The Bible

Spending time with my wife.

I guess Mario from Super Mario Brothers. I never was really into the superhero thing.

I did, and I lost about 15 pounds, then gained 10 back. I need to work a little harder at it.

Elon Musk I think should win a Nobel Prize based on his attempts to practically create Electric cars with one of his companies (Tesla Motors) and advance human spaceflight with another company (SpaceX).

Every time I went underway in the Navy, I went on one, but I really diddn’t like it. I felt out of the loop and had to play catch-up when I got back.

10. This…or that:

Medea or Big Momma?

I don’t know either one.

James Bond

Dracula

I used to love both, but Homey the Clown always made me laugh more.

Old Saturday Night Live with me, if modern SNL, I would choose Monty Python.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:23 AM