Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vantage Pro 1 Retro-Fit Kit
Linmk2
post Oct 26 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 23

I ordered and received a retro fit kit for my "sick" VP 1, which I plan to install this upcoming weekend. I do have a few questions for those that may have already done the upgrade. I'm concerned that the wires from the solar panel and rain collector are not long enough to fit to the new location of the SIM board. As I recall, there does not seem to be a lot of wire with these two items. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think the wire is long enough to run down the side of the aspirators plates and under the bottom plate. Is there? Just what is the correct routing of those wires. The instructions are not very clear. Thanks

--------------------
Howard H./ Pt. Arthur, Texas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Oct 26 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #2

Guests

it will fit. wire is routed a bit different , but it will fit and not much left over. Just follow the directions and relax laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Linmk2
post Oct 28 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Success! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif My VP1 is again functioning as it should. The retro fit kit was very simple to install, as Joseph stated. I also took the time to clean up the outside of the ISS a bit. There was some sort of bird feathers all stuck in the rain cone. Really a mess. Anyway, its all shined up now. The fact that the new unit is mounted outside the ISS rather than inside, will make changing the battery easier. For those of you that are having a transmitter problems with your 5 year old VP 1, and all else is working correctly, I recommend this replacement. Better to spend $90 than $400+!
Joseph, thanks again for your reply.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Oct 28 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Guests

Glad to help. be sure that you use the screws to provide a tight seal in the plastic case. You will be fine.

+Quote Post
Linmk2
post Oct 28 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #5

Yep, I did make sure that the cover was screwed down tight. It sure is nice to be able to check conditions after dark again. I hope the retro-fit kit will last for another 5 years :wink: .

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 10:04 AM