Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daylight Savings Update for Original Vantage Pro
dalecoy
post Mar 5 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,672

Updater for VP1 Console is now available on the Davis support site.

It was posted today (March 5)

Strangely, it's called vp_firmware_11-20-06.zip but it contains a flash.bin dated 3/5/2007. The documentation says

"Now supports new daylight savings time dates.

External software can now detect if the console is on daylight savings time or not when in "auto detect" mode."

I have no idea why Davis would call this Firmware version Nov 20, 2006.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilofsky
post Mar 6 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,676

(dalecoy)
Strangely, it's called vp_firmware_11-20-06.zip but it contains a flash.bin dated 3/5/2007.

Strange. On my XP machine the flash.bin is dated 3/5/07, but on my Windows ME machine it's dated 2/2/07. Same download, same file.

In any event, Davis tech support advises me that the release version is the same as the beta. So it wasn't - er - born yesterday.

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Mar 6 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #3

(bilofsky)
(dalecoy)
Strangely, it's called vp_firmware_11-20-06.zip but it contains a flash.bin dated 3/5/2007.

Strange. On my XP machine the flash.bin is dated 3/5/07, but on my Windows ME machine it's dated 2/2/07. Same download, same file.

In any event, Davis tech support advises me that the release version is the same as the beta. So it wasn't - er - born yesterday.

By "same download" do you mean that you downloaded it ONCE and then copied it from one of your machines to the other?

Or do you meant that you downloaded the "same thing" from the Davis site twice?

Unfortunately, some vendors (including Davis) have been known to keep the same name for a download, while changing the content. So, if you download it on different days, you get different stuff.

+Quote Post
bilofsky
post Mar 6 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,676

OK, my mistake.

In the beta distribution the file date is 2/2/07. In the release zip file just posted, the file date is 3/5/07. However the files are identical.

I was looking at two different zips on two different machines. Apologies for my confusion.

+Quote Post
colonieweather
post Mar 6 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12

I unzipped the file and hooked the updater up....it found the com port it was hooked up to and after pressing "Y" it said that it could not read the flash.bin file. I tried it on two different computers and got the same message. And yes, the flash.bin file was in there. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Chris

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Mar 6 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #6

(colonieweather)
I unzipped the file and hooked the updater up....it found the com port it was hooked up to and after pressing "Y" it said that it could not read the flash.bin file. I tried it on two different computers and got the same message. And yes, the flash.bin file was in there. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Chris

Speculation: You're actually running some sort of "unzip" program (that is, you clicked on the ZIP file first - and then clicked on the updater.exe file). Yes, you could see the flash.bin file.

If that's the problem, then first extract the four files from the ZIP file, and then run the updater.exe.

If that's not it, and the updater.exe file and the flash.bin file are in the same folder, then perhaps you got a bad download?

Please let us know.

+Quote Post
Tim_McManus
post Mar 6 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 48

Doesn't this updater require the Davis Firmware Updater adapter?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Mar 6 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #8

(Tim_McManus)
Doesn't this updater require the Davis Firmware Updater adapter?

Yes - and presumably the VP1 Updater. I have no idea if the VP2 updater box would work with VP1 software.

However, colonieweather wrote:

>I unzipped the file and hooked the updater up....it found the com port it was >hooked up to and after pressing "Y" it said that it could not read the >flash.bin file. I tried it on two.....

So, I believe that he/she has the updater box, and that it was hooked up properly to the computer.

Of course, colonieweather kept referring to "it" - where "it" was obviously at least 3 or 4 different things - so perhaps I'm mistaken.

+Quote Post
colonieweather
post Mar 6 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12

Sorry about that.....

What I meant was that I hooked up the updater to my computer and unzipped the file. I clicked on the updater.exe and the window popped up saying whether or not to upload the new firmware. I press the "Y" and it said could not locate flash.bin file.

What I did't do, like you said dalecoy, was extract all the files. For some reason I forgot that step. I got it to work....I appreciate the help and again I apologize for all the "it"s

-Chris (He)

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Mar 6 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Sometimes, things that are designed to make things look easy - make them act harder.

Glad I could help.

Oh, and as it turned out, the "its" were immaterial. But sometimes they can make solving problems a bit "iffy"

+Quote Post
Removed_Member__*
post Mar 6 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #11

Guests

Just updated my VP1 Firmware date now is 11/20/2006 Rev. B but VPLive and WsWin32 recognizes it as a VP2

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Mar 7 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #12

Guests

I just set up both of my vp1 consoles and they are doing fine, so far.. not sure what that external software thing is ..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:38 PM