Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

155 Pages V  « < 150 151 152 153 154 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Western PA Discussion Board, Latest Forecast & Weather Discussion for Western PA.
stlcity
post Dec 12 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #3021

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,049

QUOTE(GizmoTom @ Dec 12 2010, 04:29 PM) *
We're going to get some snow but not the big totals that seemed possible. Oh well, I'll take anything white. Maybe we'll have a white Christmas too!

Seems like a repeat of last year...kindoff used to these let downs every winter.

This thread is very quite...unlike last year. Anyways will hope for a better outcome with the next storm laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bradjl2009
post Dec 13 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #3022

Member No.: 16,265

QUOTE(stlcity @ Dec 12 2010, 10:40 PM) *
Seems like a repeat of last year...kindoff used to these let downs every winter.

This thread is very quite...unlike last year. Anyways will hope for a better outcome with the next storm laugh.gif

There's some heavier snow over Allegheny County right now. Kinda happy with it considering how slow the snow took to get here this evening.

+Quote Post
BlackNGoldRules
post Dec 13 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #3023

Member No.: 13,895

QUOTE(bradjl2009 @ Dec 13 2010, 12:35 AM) *
There's some heavier snow over Allegheny County right now. Kinda happy with it considering how slow the snow took to get here this evening.

I've picked up over an inch so far from this band. Making up for the little I got early last week!

--------------------

+Quote Post
snowsux
post Dec 13 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #3024

Member No.: 13,803

I'm from the Pittsburgh area. My work is seasonal, but I can work in everything but this garbage that's going on right now. I anticipate several deep-freezes over the winter months, but the past couple of years have been horrific. Last year was nothing short of hellish, and it appears this winter is shaping up to be every bit as bad. Can someone tell me why western PA has somehow turned into Northern Michigan for the past two winter seasons?

+Quote Post
peonyflower
post Dec 13 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #3025

Member No.: 17,381

QUOTE(snowsux @ Dec 13 2010, 08:36 PM) *
I'm from the Pittsburgh area. My work is seasonal, but I can work in everything but this garbage that's going on right now. I anticipate several deep-freezes over the winter months, but the past couple of years have been horrific. Last year was nothing short of hellish, and it appears this winter is shaping up to be every bit as bad. Can someone tell me why western PA has somehow turned into Northern Michigan for the past two winter seasons?

yea and our locals r messing up...i stayed home sunday when i couldve been xmas shopping because of a snowstorm that never came. and now they r saying 1-2 inches and my hubby called stranded in mt pleasant---icy roads treacherous-and blizzard like conditions here---seems wayyy more than 1-2 inches! i just wish all this new doppler radar and high tech could actually be accurate---we still never know what the weather brings unless its day to day hour by hour and never will i guess...dont get me wrng i LOVE snow but i want to prepared too:)

+Quote Post
stlcity
post Dec 14 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #3026

QUOTE(peonyflower @ Dec 13 2010, 09:15 PM) *
yea and our locals r messing up...i stayed home sunday when i couldve been xmas shopping because of a snowstorm that never came. and now they r saying 1-2 inches and my hubby called stranded in mt pleasant---icy roads treacherous-and blizzard like conditions here---seems wayyy more than 1-2 inches! i just wish all this new doppler radar and high tech could actually be accurate---we still never know what the weather brings unless its day to day hour by hour and never will i guess...dont get me wrng i LOVE snow but i want to prepared too:)

They are never accurate...even the big snowstorm in Feb'10 they missed out on. The people here are more accurate than the professionals on TV. Thats why I never listen to the weather forecast on the locals. They blame it on mother nature.... laugh.gif

Anyways it has been an early start to winter here in West PA. Hopefully the trend will continue...smile.gif Anyone know when the next one is headed our way?

GO PENS...

+Quote Post
bradjl2009
post Dec 14 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #3027

QUOTE(stlcity @ Dec 14 2010, 07:41 AM) *
They are never accurate...even the big snowstorm in Feb'10 they missed out on. The people here are more accurate than the professionals on TV. Thats why I never listen to the weather forecast on the locals. They blame it on mother nature.... laugh.gif

Anyways it has been an early start to winter here in West PA. Hopefully the trend will continue...smile.gif Anyone know when the next one is headed our way?

GO PENS...

Uh it looks like this clipper event on Thursday will miss us to our south and hit Kentucky and West Virginia and the storm on Sunday isn't looking good for anyone on the east coast right now. So to but it simply; no one knows when the next one is.

+Quote Post
peonyflower
post Dec 14 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #3028

QUOTE(bradjl2009 @ Dec 14 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Uh it looks like this clipper event on Thursday will miss us to our south and hit Kentucky and West Virginia and the storm on Sunday isn't looking good for anyone on the east coast right now. So to but it simply; no one knows when the next one is.

bummer....what happened to the "sure thing" on xmas day? lol

+Quote Post
bradjl2009
post Dec 14 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #3029

QUOTE(peonyflower @ Dec 14 2010, 07:12 PM) *
bummer....what happened to the "sure thing" on xmas day? lol

Lol who knows. The clipper has gone a little north on the GFS lately and it would be enough maybe to give us an inch of snow if it came together. We would need the weekend storm to move about 100-200 miles north west for us to get big snows. Doubt that will happen but maybe it will move far west enough so that we aren't just high and dry this weekend.

+Quote Post
peonyflower
post Dec 14 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #3030

QUOTE(bradjl2009 @ Dec 14 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Lol who knows. The clipper has gone a little north on the GFS lately and it would be enough maybe to give us an inch of snow if it came together. We would need the weekend storm to move about 100-200 miles north west for us to get big snows. Doubt that will happen but maybe it will move far west enough so that we aren't just high and dry this weekend.

yes someone thinks that may be happen on the other site too to give us hopes of a weekend storm... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
GizmoTom
post Dec 20 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #3031

Member No.: 17,339

I took about 2 inches of snow off my car this morning. It also looks like we're going to have a white Christmas too. How much is not certain yet. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+Quote Post
stlcity
post Dec 22 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #3032

Now the storm track has shifted to the south???...no snow here I guess mellow.gif

+Quote Post
bradjl2009
post Dec 23 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #3033

QUOTE(stlcity @ Dec 22 2010, 06:17 PM) *
Now the storm track has shifted to the south???...no snow here I guess mellow.gif

The NAM gave us some hope of snow on Christmas. Our snowpack however is looking pretty pitiful IMO and needs to be replenished.

+Quote Post
WeirMan
post Dec 23 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #3034

Member No.: 24,360

Could we maybe start a storm thread for the greater pittsburgh area or a board on facebook for greater pittsburgh or on the new eastern weather forums?

I miss the old crew from the eastern weather board.

Anyways the storm keeps fluctuating. It's driving me nuts.

+Quote Post
stlcity
post Dec 23 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #3035

QUOTE(SnowGirl @ Nov 23 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Hey, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that there is a W PA Accuweather Storm Chasers Group on FB. http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk...489842&ap=1

I will probably post there mostly, this winter. The W PA thread was always pretty civil, but the rest of the boards get a little too hostile for my taste. smile.gif also, I like the format of the page better and the mobile version works pretty well on my Droid.

Let's have a great December!

There is the FB page for PA storm chasers....

The present trend according to accuweather takes the storm with some snow I 70 and south..They are not sure of the track it will take up the coast. Hope it is close enough for western PA to get some measurable snow. Dissapointing winter so far with respect to the snow totals...

+Quote Post
bradjl2009
post Dec 25 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #3036

Merry Christmas to all of Pennsylvania and what a nice surprise this morning with a special 1 or 2 of snow that wasn't supposed to happen. Now that we had one Christmas surprise let's get another surprise to move that bing low closer to us lol.

+Quote Post
stlcity
post Dec 26 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #3037

Another storm passes by us...oh well whats new?

+Quote Post
Evilpens64
post Jan 9 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #3038

Member No.: 18,925

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?...ter+Storm+Watch

+Quote Post
Stella
post Jan 9 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #3039

Member No.: 21,479

I know I'm excited!

+Quote Post
TugHill
post Jan 12 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #3040

Member No.: 21,716

I feel your pain guys. I live east of Lake Ontario so I have missed all the storms just like you. I am no weather expert but I kind of know the effects of NAO, PDO, AO, etc. I have not even bothered to figure out why this has not worked out for us and I agree it looks very similar to last year. Storms general going south then hugging coast and north or east wind which produces little to no LE snows. Seems like the only time we get significant precip. the temps are up and it all ends up as rain. Frustrating as heck! Probably when I completely stop caring (which won't be long) things will turn around?

+Quote Post

155 Pages V  « < 150 151 152 153 154 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 11:01 AM