Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do I need Weatherlink?
Sunrise305
post Jan 16 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,545

I just installed a new VantagePro2 Wireless today. I plan to use WSL to power my website. Do I still need WeatherLink to get the data from my VP2 to my computer?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Jan 16 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(Sunrise305 @ Jan 16 2008, 07:01 PM) *
I just installed a new VantagePro2 Wireless today. I plan to use WSL to power my website. Do I still need WeatherLink to get the data from my VP2 to my computer?

you need the datalogger. If you are upgrading from the vp1 to the vp2, the logger fits in both versions, but you do need the datalogger that comes with WeatherLink

+Quote Post
grower
post Jan 20 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,778

QUOTE(Sunrise305 @ Jan 16 2008, 08:01 PM) *

I am new to this. I am looking at the Vantage PRO2 wireless with Virtual Weather Station software, but it appears that after I spend $500 I still need to buy a datalogger and software I am not going to use? Is there any way around it? I must sound like a sourpuss but...

On a brighter note, you all seem like really nice people and I am glad to be joining you.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Jan 20 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(grower @ Jan 20 2008, 10:39 AM) *
I am new to this. I am looking at the Vantage PRO2 wireless with Virtual Weather Station software, but it appears that after I spend $500 I still need to buy a datalogger and software I am not going to use? Is there any way around it? I must sound like a sourpuss but...

On a brighter note, you all seem like really nice people and I am glad to be joining you.

Look at it this way, you buy a new car for 31K and find out you have to buy gas to make it go.. one of those odd things, I mean for 31K.. it should just go..

You need the logger regardless and it is like the gas to make it go..
However, if you don't want to interface it with your computer, well...

You could buy it without the virtual software and it comes with Weatherlink...

+Quote Post
Sunrise305
post Jan 21 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,545

You can buy the brand new (not used) basic wireless version of VP2 for about $410 with free shipping on ebay. No need to pay more unless you need the fan aspirator, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 12:37 AM