Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INTRODUCE YOURSELF: New Members, Welcome to the Canadian Weather Forums!
Hugh Jass
post Jan 31 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,368

Attached File  St._George_020.jpg ( 567.47K ) Number of downloads: 4
Hello, My home city is Edmonton, AB but right now I am in St. George, UT spending the winter months. Good thing, it is freezing back home. Temperatures were close to -40 with the wind chill earlier this week. Glad I am here where it is a little warmer... currently about 8C.

This post has been edited by Hugh Jass: Jan 31 2008, 09:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NSWEATHER
post Jan 31 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 13,276

Hi everyone!

My name is Christopher and I have been fascinated with weather since I can remember. I am 38 years old and live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Hope all in Prince Edward Island soon get power restored. Many have had no power since big storm this Monday.

Absolutley love winter...most favourite season.

White Juan snowstorm was a real cool time!

+Quote Post
maximus215
post Feb 1 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,374

Hi everyone,

My name is Max, I'm from Quebec city, I became passionate about weather during my pilot training here in Quebec. I would like to thank the Accuweather team for making an outstanding job.Attached File  quenight1_copy_739000.jpg ( 150.08K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
sixxtoes
post Feb 1 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 13,375

Hello Folks, My name is Rob I'm from Comox out west on Vancouver Island. As far as the seasons go
I like the fall/winter we get some high winds sometime and heavy rain but not much snow although this
winter has been quite cool so we had a few good dumps. We had about 16 inches in Nov. I like lightning
and we don't get much of that at all.
The photo's that people have been posting are fantastic! And I think that AccuWeather does a great job
of making their site entertaining all the time. I like the fact that you can watch reports from everywhere
very easily and get up to date info all across Canada and US. Anyway bye for now. Temp here now 4.5 C Cloudy with sunny periods

+Quote Post
PBee
post Feb 4 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 13,408

Hi everybody
Nice to see some folks from Alberta in here.
My name is Patrick Boomer and I'm located between Red Deer and Sundre, Alberta.
I have a blog going at http://blog.boomerphoto.com with observations and photos from around the area.

+Quote Post
smallpaul
post Feb 9 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 13,539

rolleyes.gif
My name is Paul.
I live in Milton, Ontario which is located about 25 miles northwest of Lake Ontario on the top of the Niagara Escarpment . Our neighbourhood received in excess of 60 cm over the past 2 days during the latest storm to pass through the region. My favourite season is winter, I enjoy snow blowing my drivway in the wintertime. I like this site because I find it has the most accurate forcasts for our region. My wife thinks Im crazy because "I think I'm a weatherman".

Looks like we could get significant snow again tuesday with the track of this next storm just south of lake ontario. That usually spells trouble for our area as the wind blows from the east picking up additional moisture and depositing it as snow on top of the escarpment. We have received about 5cm today from todays developing storm. (no need to fire up the snowblower today). Looking forward to another dump of the white fluffy stuff soon. Take care everyone, enjoying reading your posts

Attached File(s)
Attached File  snowjob.jpg ( 332.71K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
WeatherServer.ne...
post Feb 10 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 13,362

Let's see,

Name: Jason
Location: Between Pembroke(Birth Place of Tom Green) and Petawawa Ontario(home of CFB Petawawa).

I am the owner of http://www.weatherserver.net which the website needs alot of work but I also run the lists from http://listserver.weatherserver.net which does Weather Alerts, Road Alerts etc... via email and is complete free to subscribe and 100% ad free. Some of you may already be on my lists I suspect. I also am a moderator of the longtime WX@ list which again some of you may already be on.

Other Details: I couldn't forecast my way out of a wet paper bag. My background would be more of the hardware/software side of the weather. I am a avid user of GrLevel3. I also do video editing on the side and thats about all I can think of for the moment.

Attached is a radar shot of one of the Tornados that went through AL last week.

I hope some day we will be able to use Grlevelx in Canada.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  attachment_0001.jpg ( 172.02K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

+Quote Post
barefoot
post Feb 11 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 13,606

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Jan 21 2008, 10:54 PM) *
Hey everyone. I thought I would create a thread for Canadians to introduce themselves> I will start:

My name is Travis
I live just outside of Alliston, Ontario
My favorite season: WINTER!
feel free to add to it!

Greetings, I live in Cape Breton Nova Scotia, facing the mighty Atlantic, we have over 35 cm last night and
I heard that there might be a huge storm coming later this week but I can't find any info about it. Has anyone heard about this "imminent storm" my friends told me we could get around 60 cm of the white stuff.
If that happens I have no idea where to put it.
Cheers
Barefoot unsure.gif

+Quote Post
jeffgod
post Feb 24 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #49

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,558

Hi, my favourite season used to be Winter, but now I am starting to like Summer.
I live in Camrose, Alberta.

+Quote Post
cyclonebob
post Feb 25 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 13,938

Hi weather bloggers; My name is Bob; I live in Simcoe, Ontario (near Port Dover). I have admired the weather since I was a little guy.

talk to you soon!

bob wink.gif

+Quote Post
sunkeeper
post Mar 8 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 14,271

Hi everyone, I developed a healthy respect for Mother Nature and her furry after a tornado blew over top of us in Fergus a few years back. Weather is far better than any movie out of Hollywood, you never know the ending until well after the "show" is over!

+Quote Post
Watcher
post Mar 8 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 14,100

Good Morning,
My name is Paul and I live in Uxbridge, Ontario. Now that I am figuring out how the system works find it to be really interesting. Part of my job is clearing snow, so, a few good storms are great as far as I'm concerned. rolleyes.gif This looks like it may be a good one. Look forward to chatting in the future. Brett was a great help with getting a few things set up. I'll just keep on playing with it until I get it right. Have a good day everyone.
Paul

+Quote Post
Watcher
post Mar 8 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 14,100

QUOTE(mvn @ Jan 22 2008, 12:01 PM) *
Mark from Uxbridge Ontario here. I try to get as much sledding in as possible without trailering so it's been limited for the last few years.....but after today, it's looking better!! Hopefully more is on the way on Sunday/Monday!

Enjoy the winter!!

Hi Mark, I noticed you're in Uxbridge as well. You mat see me running around in an orange Kubota ( NOT THE CITY OWNED ONE) I move it around with a blue Jeep. If you see me stop so we can chat. Have a good day.
Paul

+Quote Post
Jody
post Mar 8 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 13,585

Hi, Everyone!

Well, it's kinda boring...but my name is Jody! I've never had any affinity for a "handle". Complete amateur. Know next to nothing about weather. I am just very curious, with an open mind and like to learn. I am due south of St. Thomas, along the lakeshore of Erie.

I have always been fascinated by weather, could watch the snow all day...which today I'll be able to do!

This post has been edited by Jody: Mar 8 2008, 07:45 AM

+Quote Post
Joey
post Mar 8 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 14,235

Hi there, just joined the forums. I'm 39 years old and I live in Eastern Ontario in the Thousand Islands region. We always have quite a bit of active weather here. Look forward to hearing everyone's opnions and weather stories.

+Quote Post
klmweather.com
post Mar 8 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 14,287

Hi,

I'm an amateur weather observer here in Toronto, East York (Sunnybrook Park region). I've been interested in weather since high school and has been a weather observer for various news media outlet in both USA and Canada.

Monitor live weather conditions at:

www.klmweather.com

It's updated every 2.5 seconds and check out my blog too!

+Quote Post
Astronomer
post Mar 9 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 14,308

Hi all,

My name is Craig, and as you can tell by my handle, I'm an avid amateur astronomer. Most clear days I'll be observing the sun in full-spectrum white light and in a narrow band of the red spectrum, and at night it's the deep sky. Most AA's develop very good weather-sense as we need to be able to predict sky conditions for our observing and/or astrophotography. I'm originally from nova Scotia, and I recently moved to Mount Brydges, Ontario, just outside of London. My Kestrel 4000 personal weather computer goes with me everywhere I go. I have always had a passion for heavy weather, and Southern Ontario has it and then some.

Cheers,

- Craig

+Quote Post
Jody
post Mar 9 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 13,585

Hi from Port Stanley, Astronomer....

Have you seen any Aurora's lately? SpaceWeather says that a solar stream hit the earth yesterday causing magnificent auroras, but I have yet to see any myself. I will go out and check, it was clear earlier.

What about the sun are you studying?

+Quote Post
Krycek
post Mar 9 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 14,299

Hi from Vancouver! My favourite seasons are spring and summer when things get back to flowering and looking nice. Fall is o.k. but the winters here are the worst, long grey wet days that seem endless sometimes.

I look forward to chating about the weather if there are other west coasters here and climate change!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klmweather.com
post Mar 9 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 14,287

I have written an analysis on the March 7-8 snowstorm here in Ontario. Here at Toronto East York (Sunnybrook region), we received 27 cm of snow. I also featured a National Weather Service guideline on how to measure snow properly.

Monitor live weather conditions in Toronto and my blog about measure snow properly at:

www.klmweather.com

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:34 PM