Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TUTORIAL: How to get the Weather Icon, on your posts. PLUS: FAQ About the Weather Icon
WeatherMatrix
post Jan 25 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

Here's a quick tutorial on how to get the weather icon next to your posts - you know, the one that looks like this:

Attached Image

All you do is click on "My Controls"... then on "Edit Profile Information"... and put in your zipcode.

Attached Image

Click on "Amend My Profile" and it should show up now when you post a reply.

Frequently Asked Questions About the Weather Icon:

Where does it come from? The Weather Icon is one of many different sizes of NetWeather, our free weather product for your website, blog, or MySpace page.

Where does the weather on it come from? Why is it not as accurate as "x"? The weather and temperature come from AccuWeather.com's current conditions database, and it is meant to give viewers a general idea of the weather at your location. Because this database relies on government stations for the most part (which are widely spaced and update infrequently), and is a database "snapshot" of this data updated once per hour, conditions may not match your local reporting station and certainly a real-time your backyard weather station. We are looking to improve that in the future.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 03:12 PM