Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MAPS OF REGIONS For This Forum, Reopened For Discussion But No Short Term Plans
DomNH
post Jan 14 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #101

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,976

QUOTE(OHweather2 @ Jan 12 2011, 06:28 PM) *
I can agree with splitting into New England vs the Mid Atlantic, but nothing more. It takes me long enough to post one write up, let alone two unsure.gif

Agreed...I'd support New England and Mid Atlantic splitting. Nothing more though.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArmonkStorm
post Jan 14 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #102

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,440

Agree with Carlos completely

--------------------
Average Seasonal Snow: 35"

Total Snow for the 09-10 Season--- 43.5"
Total Snow for the 10-11 Season--- 70.5"

+Quote Post
NorEaster07
post Jan 14 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #103

Member No.: 18,864

Just to chime in here... I live in CT and can deal with being considered NorthEast even though technically its New England but if I was living in Maine, Vermont or RI I would think differently::: so with that said here's what I would do....

Simplify...Eliminate Mid Atlantic:

SouthEast: NC, SC, GA, FL, TN, AL, Mississippi, Louisianna
NorthEast: VA, Maryland, Delaware, PA , NJ , NY
New England: CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and Maine.

My reasoning also being the way winter storms affect the states by elevation or path of systems.

--------------------
Snow Totals Per Season:

2007-08: 21"
2008-09: 41"
2009-10: 39.5"
2010-11: 71.5"
2011-12: 14"
2012-13: 46.5"
2013-14: 56.75"

Average(BDR since 1950) = 27.75"

+Quote Post
CMeyers
post Jan 17 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #104

Member No.: 22,879

I'm generally not in favor of breaking things down further. But, if you do decide that it's the best way to go then I have a suggestion. Keep things the way they are in the forecast threads but when it comes time to open up observation threads then break it down into the newer and smaller regions.

--------------------
ChsChargers09 - Please be aware that there is a significant chance I was being sarcastic in the above comment. Thank you.

+Quote Post
wackymann
post Jan 21 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #105

Member No.: 24,690

I am HUGELY in favor of splitting New England from the Mid-Atlantic. The current threads are completely dominated by MidAtl/NYC talk 95% of the time, and that momentum keeps the NE chatter suppressed. It's very hard for the NE posters to get a word in edge-wise, so many don't even bother posting. The only exceptions are when the storm is a NE only, or when the storm has already passed by NYC (and even then it only drops to 50/50).

I personally feel like second-class citizen here. I would like to suggest that maybe the reason it appears that there isn't critical mass for NE-only threads is the simple fact that they don't exist. I bet if it was tried out for 1 big storm, it would be hugely successful.

From what I have seen at other weather forums, I would say the biggest problem with splitting is the "us vs. them" mentality, where people from other areas get into bittercasting mode or are accused of "invading" the other area's thread. But that can be controlled by the moderators.

I really like the vibe and moderation level of this forum. Whoever is in charge, kudos to you. OTOH if I ever do find an active forum that has dedicated New England threads, I will probably leave and go there.

+Quote Post
Nicole
post Jan 27 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #106

Member No.: 23,515

I know noone wants to split states, etc., but in my perfect forum world there would be a SE Coastal Region starting in the barrier islands of VA (Chincoteague, Assateague), continuing down the coast along 95 and east. I know it is totally unrealistic and will never happen, but a girl can only wish!!

But in general, I think having region-wide subforums and then threads dedicated to the "mini" regions (S. Mid Atlantic, NJ, whatever) located within would be helpful, but only once the event goes to Obs phase.

--------------------
Don't try to argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level
and then beat you with experience

If it is that unbelievable... it is probably too good to be true!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:04 PM