Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems with communication
Chris
post Mar 15 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 79

My 928 worked fine for a month but now there is no comm between the windindicator and main unit. I have changed the batteries and followed the instuctions to get it "on line". It does not work. Any suggestions. Othervise Ill send it back for a checkup. :?:

--------------------
Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimWest
post Mar 16 2004, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 38

Did you ground the anemometer? Its very susceptible to static in the atmosphere and MUST be grounded else it will fail quite often.

You could try swapping the solar unit with one of the others temporarily to see if its the anemometer or the transmitter that has failed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frankj
post Mar 17 2004, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 33

I had problems with my anemometer a few weeks ago. At on point it showed a wind gust of 112mph, and after that it quit working. The wind direction was stuck at "North" and the speed would start out at Zero mph the climb steadily till it reached 125 mph, then would drop back to Zero and start all over again.

I contacted Oregon Scietific about the problem, and they were very helpful. Had me swap the solar unit as TimWest suggested, and I had the same problem so they had me send in the anemometer itself for replacement. Took a couple weeks but just received the new unit yesterday and will install it this morning.

Try what Tim suggested, and then give Oregon Scientific a call.

--------------------
Frankj - Mountain Center, CA

Weather Station: Oregon Scientifc WMR-968
Software: Virtual Weather Station (Internet Edition)

+Quote Post
Frankj
post Mar 17 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 33

Interesting . . . my original anemometer came with a grounding wire that I think connected at the base of the arm holding the weather direction/speed indicator and I connected it to the bracket which attached the anemometer to the mounting pole. The replacement I just received doesn't have one?

The last one I just grounded to the mounting bracket attached to the pole which is actually an old TV antena mounted from the ground up the side of the house. Is that a good enough ground, or should I actually run a ground wire from the anemometer all the way down the pole to a grounding rod? :?:

--------------------
Frankj - Mountain Center, CA

Weather Station: Oregon Scientifc WMR-968
Software: Virtual Weather Station (Internet Edition)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 06:57 AM